• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen 4th Gen Evolutions in HGSS pre-National Dex?

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    A lot of evolutions that were introduced fro the 4th Gen also have to evolve with items, so it will only be a certain amount that really has to randomly stop evolving until you obtain the Nat. Dex.

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    I'd love it if we could get the 4th gen evolutions before the National Dex. ;-;
    The feeling I got was that they came up with all these evolutions to Johto pokemon with the intention of having them in a Johto remake. Even if that wasn't the intention, it'd certainly give me more of an incentive to use actual Johto pokemon rather than the bajillion Kanto pokemon that outshine them in their own game.
    But I won't argue with anyone. If they pull another FR/LG on us, I'll be a bit disappointed about all of these nice new evolutions going to waste, but I'll deal with it as long as we can catch all of the Johto pokemon IN Johto. Seriously, there is no reason to put Houndour in frikin Kanto, nor does it make any sense.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    With what is said above, I wouldn't like for them to add the Sinnoh Pokémon before the National Dex, it just wouldn't feel like the game I played so many years ago.

Though, I can agree with that I would like all Johto Pokémon to be in Johto, that is completely true.

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2011
    Doubtful. As mention before, until you complete that task, I doubt your Pokémon will evolve. I think it would be better off that way, personally.

To an extent, I agree with you. Having the games be as true as possible to the original GS would be good, but at the same time, knowing that something has an evolution that I can't get to would be infuriating. Reguardless, I hardly ever used any of the pokemon that got the new evolutions in the game anyways, so it's not that big of a deal.

Years
    They can just keep the new evolution-inducing items out of reach until you get the National Dex.

Ancientpower can safely be removed from Piloswine's/Yanma's level-up movepools, and Rollout from Lickitung's. Problem solved without any rude, unnatural FR/LG evolution halting. Honestly, that was one of the aspects I liked the least about FR/LG. It goes against the whole principle of new evolutions by new methods. (Law of Conservation of Game Mechanics.)

After getting your NatDex, areas in the Ilex Forest and the Ice Cave can open up containing the Eevee Rocks. There could also be Move Tutors in Kanto who teach the moves, Ancientpower and Rollout, limitless times.

Nosepass can be made to evolve in any crazy place they want, since you couldn't actually own one on G/S/C. Magneton would be a bit trickier. He'd need a special new room like I described for the Eevees.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Even if you cannot get it until after the Nation Dex, you can hope to have the newer Gen Pokémon when you have to rechallenge the Elite and maybe the Gyms too.

Dragonzord

Metagame x Metamon
    Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2012
    In FRLG, if you went to evolve a golbat, it would stop the evo.

do i hope theres no gen 4 in hg ss until after e4, but if there are, i hope no trainers use them and they may only be obtainable through your own labour, and not needed to complete johto dex.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    ^ If there are 4th Gen Pokémon even before the Elite, then it is more than likely trainers and Gym Leaders will have them.

Back