• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen 4th Generation Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

codes

I only like pokemon games
Years
    • Age 32
    • L.A
    • Seen Sep 14, 2005
    I Know This NEW USE IS FOR ADVERTISING ,but I Think I Found Something New In Key Items I Don't Know Where I Got It Theres A Blue And White Item When You Use It A Character Shakes In The Screen You're In Talk To Him/her And You Will Rebattle I JUST HAD TO TELL SOMEONE

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    I've completed an in-depth walkthru complete up until Rainbow Island 2!
    mpuzz.jpg

http://dadragonz.com/fl/index.php?df=walk

codes

I only like pokemon games
    Years
    • Age 32
    • L.A
    • Seen Sep 14, 2005
    Vito Winstrate said:
    I had already posted them in FRLG confirmed news.
    Oh dear... enough using that topic. I'm closing it.

With that topic closed, here is all the information I posted there.

A few discovered features: (information typed by me and put onto pmtn v6, my website)
    - Text has been made more easier to read, and a bit more larger.
    - There is a Tutorial Mode (Help Function), activated by tthe L button when on the main map.
    - You have an older brother who teaches you things about the game (Help Function).
    - When you enter an area, like a cave or forest, the area "shows up in you", or you see the scenery of the area (the first-person point-of-view) for a few seconds.
    - A new helpful version of the Pok?Dex is obtainable along the way. This Pok?Dex records more than just the Pok?mon, this time it displays items obtainable in areas, the number of a Pok?mon you've caught, and more.

There's a new mode called Help Function. To load it simply press the L button while on the map and you'll get into this mode. There, you can choose a function:

fireleaf03_01.gif

Then after selecting it, your big brother will assist you in the choice you selected,

fireleaf03_02.gif

or a demonstration of what you need to do will show up.

fireleaf03_03.gif
    fireleaf03_04.gif

Some pictures/screenshots:
    fireleaf03_05.jpg

Pictured:
    Professor Oak and your new rival (source: pokemon.co.jp)
    fireleaf03_06.gif

Pictured: The new Pok?Dex (source: pokemon.co.jp)
    fireleaf03_07.gif

Pictured: Viridian Forest Scenery (source: pokemon.co.jp)

Wireless Function

Pok?mon Fire Red and Leaf Green introduce a new function, that has capabilities established with the Game Boy Advance Wireless Link. In fact, Fire Red and Leaf Green is expanding with them. Here's to name a few.

Remember this article anyone?

Game Boy Advance Users May Go Wireless
    Nintendo unveils wireless device that allows users to play each other without cables.
    September 26, 2003: 7:07 AM EDT MAKUHARI, Japan (Reuters) - Japanese video game company Nintendo Co. Ltd said Friday it plans early next year to offer a device that allows GameBoy Advance users to play games together without the use of cables.
    The device will be included free of charge with the purchase of one of two "Pokemon" games, due to be released early next year, for Nintendo's hand-held game machine.
    "We've had a lot of discussions about how to extend the networking capabilities for games such as 'Pokemon', to enhance head-to-head battles, exchange of information and communication with others," said Nintendo President Satoru Iwata in a speech on the opening day of the Tokyo Game Show.
    The wireless module will be bundled with Nintendo's "Pokemon Fire Red" and "Pokemon Leaf Green" titles for GameBoy Advance that will go on sale in Japan early next year. The games will sell for ?4,800, or $43.
    Nintendo said it planned to roll out other titles for the GameBoy Advance compatible with the device in the future.
    Motorola Inc (MOT :Research ,Estimates ). designed the chip that powers the device's wireless functions.
    "It was designed primarily with the gaming experience in mind," Bridgette Cosentino, director of wireless connectivity at Motorola's semiconductor products group, told Reuters. She said the chip was customized to maximize battery life.
    Iwata said the technology was similar to Bluetooth, which allows devices to communicate with each other without a physical wire connection. The wireless network extends for "several meters," Iwata said.
    The most recent "Pokemon" title for GameBoy Advance sold over 10 million titles worldwide, Nintendo said.
    Shares in Nintendo ended up 2.33 percent at ?9,670 compared to a 0.08 percent rise in the Nikkei 225 average.
    Source: CNN Money

Nintendo has made a lot out of these wireless features. Here's a sneak preview at some:

fireleaf02_01.gif

You will be able to navigate in a new room upstairs in a Pok?mon Center, the Wireless Room. You will see people, some of who represent the people nearby who also have a Game Boy Advance, Fire Red and Leaf Green, and a Wireless Link.

fireleaf02_02.gif

Talking to a person who represents the person nearby you will bring up some options. You can choose to battle them or go into conversation with them. Trade will possibly be implemented.

The people will respond to you with their chosen greeting.

fireleaf02_03.gif

You can also chat with the people around you. Send some messages to them, since it's as simple as your home AIM/MSN/Yahoo!/IRC chat. Although it has a mini-keyboard selectable with the control pad. Select is used to switch the characters, in this case the current selection is Hirigana characters. So just press Select to switch to Katakana, or English characters. In our case there will be capital letters, lowercase letters, and numeral characters to chat with.

Pok?mon Fire Red and Leaf Green are staged in the Kanto region. But the adventure continues - there are several islands far from Kanto, it seems. Continuing your adventure, you will soon set foot there. At the new islands. As for name of the islands you ask? How many new islands are there? With them hiding something? With some new Pok?mon who have lived there? The secret which spreads to the world of Pok?mon, waits for you!

fireleaf04_01.gif
    fireleaf04_02.gif

Some world waiting? Expectation increases.

There is a mini-game where Pok?mon participate. As for the mini-game there are 2 types, each of them being a simple and pleasant game. Using the radio communication of the wireless adapter which bundled with Pok?mon Fire Red and Leaf Green, you can play with 2-5 people in those mini-games.

fireleaf04_03.gif

With Pok?mon "Rope Jump" is a rope game that you play and jump with everyone. When timing of jump of everyone is done correctly, you can gain a high score. It is important to time your jumps right.
    fireleaf04_04.gif

This game's objective is to catch a large quantity of fruit with the three heads of Dodrio.

That's all, but watch this thread!
    actually its not a demonstration of what you need to do its called old events and it shows you what you did before you saved

Years
  • As far as I know, the game is identical to Red/Green/Blue (except graphics and minigames, etc.), until you beat the Elite Four. Then, you can trade with Ruby/Sapphire and explore the Rainbow Islands. That's just what I heard. I can't confirm it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back