• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

#5 - Fakemon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Weekly Pixel Art Challenge: #5 - Fakemon
    Hosted by: Scarf
    Approved by: Scarf

If you don't know, Fakemon are fan made Pokemon. A good Fakemon resembles a Pokemon and a great one gets mistaken for an official game sprite. But don't confuse them with fusions, which are amalgams of existing sprites - this contest requires 100% scratched work straight from your imagination.

So this week's contest is to make one. There are 5 generations worth of styles to choose from, each with its respective requirements for size and colors (see below).

So have fun and make great Fakemon. (Don't forget to name them - that's half the fun!)

Main Rules:

• One entry per person. You may update your entry until the end of the contest.
    • You can't enter if you picked the theme.
    • All work must be made from scratch (unless the current theme states otherwise).
    • No previously made work.
    This Week's Rules:

• Canvas Size: 56x56 (GEN I & II) or 64x64 (GEN III) or 80x80 (GEN IV) or 96x96 (GEN V)
    • Palette Requirements: No more than 4 colors for GEN I and II. No more than 16 colors for GEN III, IV and V.
    • Transparency: Optional
    • Animation: Optional
    • Other: None

If you have any questions or concerns please VM me or post in the discussion thread.

Contest ends October 26th @ 11:59 PM (UTC−08:00, California time)​

Years
  • #5 - Fakemon

Flamillar. I don't really have a creative name, ;/
    Bug/Fire.

Also, 16 colours including black and white. 17/18 if you count the shadow and/or transparency.
    More people should be entering this. Excuse the horrible shadow.

Last edited:
    Years
  • #5 - Fakemon

Name:- Reefoal
    Type:- Water

64X64. 14 colors including transparency.
    This is probably gonna end up being my water starter. Updated based on feedback i received in my thread (thanks scarf :P)

Last edited:

tnguye3

Very, very, very lazy spriter.
    Years
  • By the rule "No previously made work" do you mean no previous work which has already been used in other comptetitions or no old work can be uploaded? O.o

If no old work can be uploaded, then can recent sprites be uploaded?

So far I'll upload the current sprite:
    #5 - Fakemon

Name
    Kroneon

Type
    Rock

15 colors if I counted correctly including white and black.

Years
  • By the rule "No previously made work" do you mean no previous work which has already been used in other comptetitions or no old work can be uploaded? O.o

If no old work can be uploaded, then can recent sprites be uploaded?
    The 'no previous work' rule is meant to mean that you should make something new for the competition, or at the very very very least enter something that was a rough WIP where most of the work you do on it is for the challenge. The contests are meant to be a kind of what-can-you-make-in-a-week sort of thing and not a let-me-look-through-my-portfolio-and-find-something-that-I-can-win-with sort of thing. So, it means you need to make something new.

Poke_a_Dialga!

EXAMS TESTS AND EXAMS QAQ
    Years
  • Long time no sprite :P
    Anyways, I'm entering with this:
    #5 - Fakemon

Ironogon
    Type: Steel/Dragon
    Size: 96 x 96
    Consists of 13 colors (including transparency)

Last edited:

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
    Years
  • #5 - Fakemon

Name: Pandofin
    Type: Water
    Size: 64/64
    Colors: 9 (with background white)
    Transparency: No

Last edited:

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • #5 - Fakemon

Name: Carcaron (it's a portmanteau of carcass and dragon. I replaced the "g" with an "r" to make it flow smoother when when you say it. :))
    Type: Dragon/Ghost (same type as Giratina, but I'd say the appearance is completely different. ;))
    Size: 64 x 64 (it nearly went over. XD) Yeah, it's meant to be GBA style.
    Colours: 9, if I counted correctly (not including the transparency, 10 if you do.)
    Transparency: Yes
    Other information: Carcaron is the embodiment of death (hence the Ghost type), and is a legendary Pokemon. Like Zapdos is found near thunder storms, Carcaron is found near graveyards, and it is said that if you were to see a Carcaron, a horrible curse would be cast upon you. Despite its apparent cruel nature, it is still quite timid and will not attack unless provoked. Additionlly, it is said that it feeds on the souls of Pokemon that have peished, and its tail glows brighter with each soul it consumes.

I tried to go for an old, ancient Pokemon. That's why I put cracks in its skull and made the wings have holes in them. Hope you like it. :)

I'm glad I entered this contest. I know I'm not going to win as you all are better pixel artist's than I am, but I've been meaning to create this sprite for ages, and this contest finally gave me the motivation to do it. ^^ So, thank you.

Last edited:

Alignment

Revered with the stars
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    #5 - Fakemon

Name: Corrasic
    Name derived from Corrosive, toxic and a random letter 'a' in the middle :)

Type: Poison

Yume Tsuki

(/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    Years
  • Used 13 colours
    Background is white.
    80x80 pixelsize

#5 - Fakemon

Bug/Electric

This Pokémon is said to use the light of it's tail to startle anything that comes near, then quickly flees. However, it's antenna's, eyes and wings also glow, so it can be easily found in darkness.

Name: Fliminat

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2013
    #5 - Fakemon

Style: Gen III, 16 colors

A second-stage ice-type fakemon. I haven't come up with any sort of name, yet.

Asrodrig

#1 Meowth fan
    Years
  • Take two, ehehe...
    (80x80 pix., 13 colors)
    #5 - Fakemon

Armetaldo
    Type: Ground/Steel
    Info: This Pokemon normally inhabits dry desert areas. For that reason, it stores any water it can find within its shell to be used later. It uses its strong claws to burrow if it is attacked, but can also roll itself into an impenetrable ball if need be.
    Moves: Dig, Scratch, Rollout, Metal Claw

Years
  • Thanks, everyone, for your entries. This contest is now closed and results will be coming soon.

We had some good and interesting entries this week. In looking for an entry to choose for the winner there were two ideas that seemed to be most important: the creativity of the fakemon and the skill the artist used to take their creative energies and make something fantastic out of them.

So congrats to icychill66 for winning with this entry (even though you didn't name it).

#5 - Fakemon

It's clear that this sprite is a 100% burst of creative energy. It shows a great effort of taking an idea and making it real. And the sprite work ain't too shabby either.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back