• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5 Is the Magic Number in Anime...

Years
    O.K, if we look back,

Yugioh only had 5 seasons, Sailor Moon had 5 seasons, most anime stops at Season 5!

Now I know Pokemon has had MORE than 5 seasons on T.V, but really, they have only been to 4 regions.

My guess is, there WILL be a season 5 then that's that. It'll end.

Really! Who wants to have to play with over ONE THOUSAND Pokemon? Not Me!

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
    Um, are you asking if we'd like even more of what might be the meanest, most powerful, cutest, and the most badass creatures ever to inhabitant earth, then yes. YES. ;)
    The more the merrier - let it be OVER NINE THOUSAND!

Years
    The reason that animes like Yugioh and Sailor Moon ended is because the manga ended as well, which they are based off of. Pokemon is based off games, not the manga.

Oh The Places You'll Go.

Whatever will be, will be.
    Years
    Bring on the Pokemon!
    Gimme more!
    I want to see how much more creative they can get.
    Though, maybe the anime should stop.
    But keep the games commin'!

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    The reason that animes like Yugioh and Sailor Moon ended is because the manga ended as well, which they are based off of. Pokemon is based off games, not the manga.
    Basically this. And you are basing it off of Yugioh and Sailor Moon? Ha. Naruto, Bleach, that anime with a blue cat, and more are all proof. And anyway the games are going stronger then ever in sales and its gamefreak's desicion not the directors if they want to stop it.

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
    I wouldn't mind playing with over 1,000 pokemon.

And, just because some Animes end at five seasons, doesn't mean Pokemon will, it is probably one of Nintendo's most successful franchises ever. So, I highly doubt they'd stop it so soon.

Ayselipera

They'll keep making them as long as people are willing to keep buying.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    O.K, if we look back,

Yugioh only had 5 seasons, Sailor Moon had 5 seasons, most anime stops at Season 5!

Now I know Pokemon has had MORE than 5 seasons on T.V, but really, they have only been to 4 regions.

My guess is, there WILL be a season 5 then that's that. It'll end.

Really! Who wants to have to play with over ONE THOUSAND Pokemon? Not Me!

The Pokémon anime has had 5 regions since the Orange Archipelago is a region. Anyway, the anime and the games are going to continue as long as the games sell well.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    No. OVER NINE THOUSAND!!!!! Goddamn it, beat.

I doubt they will stop at the fifth generation. With technology, in fact, it will probably have quality improvement in all franchise and succeed highly in the anime and game industry. Digimon was a different story. They had millions of annoying talking things who's names all ended with "-mon" and we had to put up with it for what? 10 years? Maybe it's still on but too lazy to check.

kingofjokers

This is not a custom title!!!!
    Years
    Actually what would be better than 1000 is making more awesome Pokemon and make every Pokemon like bidoof extinct and make 1000 Pokemon that are cute but a B.A. and B.A. looking pokemon that are way more B.A than the already B.A. Pokemon.

Now that would be awesome.

Years
    Having 1000 Pokémon would be great...if they were all as creative as those in G1 and G2. Unfortunately, I think the last two generations are a pretty clear indication that the creators are running out of ideas, and who can blame them? I wouldn't be able to think up many more interesting Pokémon that could match up with the first 251, and the creators are having problems with this too IMO. I almost wish they had stopped making new Pokémon after Johto--I like a decent amount of G3 and a few here and there in G4, but not many.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    I really dont want the Pokemon franchise to end! Their games are simply too addictive! If they would stop the anime then its not a problem for me(sorry anime lovers X_X). I just want the games to continue!

Having 1000 Pokémon would be great...if they were all as creative as those in G1 and G2. Unfortunately, I think the last two generations are a pretty clear indication that the creators are running out of ideas, and who can blame them? I wouldn't be able to think up many more interesting Pokémon that could match up with the first 251, and the creators are having problems with this too IMO.

I completely agree with you. But there are billions of people in the world who have different levels of creativity. If a person runs out of creativity then there are billions of other people who can help them. Even some members from PC can help them as I think they have TONs of creativity! My point is that if they run out of ideas then they can take help from other people.(I hope that Pokemon games dont stop coming! But everything has to die at last I guess T_T)

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    The Pokémon anime has had 5 regions since the Orange Archipelago is a region. Anyway, the anime and the games are going to continue as long as the games sell well.
    That is for the Anime. The Anime doesn't count for nothing when it comes for region count so there are still 4 and if you by the proper counting 5 due to the mistranslation of the Sevii Islands Region.

Star★Seeker

→s t y l e ;
    Years
    Everything that begins, must eventually end. I say about 2 more generations, otherwise it will become to tedious to complete the Pokedex, plus, most Pokemon wil end up being ugly, beacuse of lack of innovation and creativity.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    O.K, if we look back,

Yugioh has a season 0 :P It has manga based on stuff that happened before season 1, and there was an anime based on it. Although it's seperate-ish, it has the main characters from that series.

I don't get this thread. Most anime stops at season 5 (which it doesn't) so Pokemon should stop at 5 regions? So the Pokemon anime should end because you don't want more Pokemon, when that's more to do with the games than the anime? I don't get the connections XD

Seasons are based on what America decides, anyway, not Japan. There are only 3 series in Japan.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Yugioh has a season 0 :P It has manga based on stuff that happened before season 1, and there was an anime based on it. Although it's seperate-ish, it has the main characters from that series.

I don't get this thread. Most anime stops at season 5 (which it doesn't) so Pokemon should stop at 5 regions? So the Pokemon anime should end because you don't want more Pokemon, when that's more to do with the games than the anime? I don't get the connections XD

Seasons are based on what America decides, anyway, not Japan. There are only 3 series in Japan.
    I forgot bout the whole series seasons fiasco. If we go by that naruto only has 2 or so no?

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    That is for the Anime. The Anime doesn't count for nothing when it comes for region count so there are still 4 and if you by the proper counting 5 due to the mistranslation of the Sevii Islands Region.

If you are going to count the amount of regions by game over the anime, then there are more than four. The reason why is because you still have to put into account the Fiorre Region, Orre Region, and so forth.

Although there are some anime that ended at five seasons, it doesn't necessarily mean that Pokémon will end at its fifth region. Most anime are sometimes based off of the manga, and when the manga's storyline officially ends, the anime will only continue until it reaches the same point of the manga. As for Pokémon it follows the new games that comes over the manga. The reason why is because if the anime followed the manga, then I think it'll be a very different show indeed.

So, basically the anime won't end until the games or Pokémon industry itself begins to lose money. The anime is used for visual promotion for fans to buy the games and there wouldn't be a point to continue the anime or the games if either one were to end. So, honestly I don't see the anime ending at its fifth region and if we gain over 1000 Pokémon in the dex, then so be it. As long as they are a bit appealing and has a more original sense, then I'll be satisfied enough.

Freak A

Back !!!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2013
    well i think that every region in pokemon is a place in japan so when they run out of places then it might end

Back