• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: A Siren's Voice

EmeraldSky

Make the Colors in the Sky!
    Years
    Pokemon: A Siren's Voice

Prologue

Many years ago, there was once a very special type of trainer in the world. These three trainers were known as the Sirens, because they used their voices to command Pokemon, heal, and damage, all with a song. Whenever there was any kind of trouble in the world, the people could count on a Siren's song to rescue them.

However, sometimes the song wasn't so easy to sing...one year, an evil Pokemon known as Deoxys entered the world. From his lair atop Mt. Battle, he managed to wreck all kinds of havoc--entire towns destroyed, and many lives lost. The people began to wonder if Deoxys was much too strong for even a Siren's voice.

The three Sirens bravely trekked to Mt. Battle, and managed to combine their voices to seal Deoxys away inside a dark crystal, knowing full well that whoever released Deoxys would become its master. They also left their Siren's medallions at the site of the crystal, hoping that if Deoxys was ever released, they would find three new Sirens to seal Deoxys again.

Now, Team Cipher has arrived in Kanto, eager to unleash Shadow Pokemon on the Indigo League...in doing so, they confirmed everyone's worst fears: they released Deoxys from his prison, with Grand Master Greevil taking control of Deoxys for himself. Greevil commanded Deoxys to create Shadow Pokemon, in hopes that Shadow Pokemon would overrun Kanto.

What he didn't count on was the Siren's medallions...when the crystal containing Deoxys was shattered, they flew away searching for three new Sirens in the Kanto region.

Our story focuses on budding Pokemon Master Ash Ketchum, as he prepares to research the Sirens of yore...unaware that he and his two closest friends are about to become Sirens themselves...

Episode 1: The Birth of a Siren

In Pallet Town Middle School...

Ash groaned as he followed his classmates down the hallway and into the school library. He longed to just grab a book and read; but no...today he was here to do research for a research paper about a lesser known Pokemon myth or legend. He remembered Ms. Shinwa's instructions to the class: "The Legendary Beasts; the Lugia prophecy...everyone knows those legends. What I want you to do is write a paper on a Pokemon legend that isn't so well known."

With that thought in mind, he strolled over to the reference section in the back left corner and felt about the different encyclopedias. "Let's see...Universal Book, Follier's..." he mumbled as he searched for a certain encyclopedia set sitting on the second shelf from the bottom. "Ah-ha! Encyclopedia Pokemonia..." he smiled as he reached for the L volume and returned to a table nearby the computer workstations that overlooked the whole campus.

"Pika?" chirped a small mouse creature perched on Ash's shoulder, piqued by the various pictures in the encyclopedia that raced by as Ash thumbed through the pages.

"Lanturn, Lugia...oops, too far..." Ash blushed as he flipped a few pages back. "Here we go...Legends..." With that, he began skimming down the page, until a picture of three people clad in armor and singing into odd headsets caught his attention. "Huh?" He read over the picture's caption: "The three Sirens bind away a Shadow Pokemon".

"Hey Ash!" called a girl with honey blonde hair sitting at the next table over. "What are you doing your paper on? I'm doing Celebi and the Ranger." She paused to display a picture of a Pokemon Ranger caring for a Celebi in her encyclopedia.

"I'm doing the Legendary Beast Riders for mine!" a brown haired boy called from a computer workstation, an encyclopedia sitting by the keyboard. "It says here..." and he began reading from the encyclopedia: "'When all hope was lost, three mysterious warriors rushed in from the horizon, each mounted atop a large beast Pok魯n: one a tiger with lightning-bolt stripes, carrying with it storm clouds; another, a tough, fire-spewing lion-like creature; another, a blue cheetah-like creature with an icy crystal on its head. The beasts could run far faster than any horse man had known, and attacked viciously, using the elements of fire, water, and lightning....'

"Celebi and the Ranger is much more interesting, Brian!" the girl retorted.

"Laura, Brian...no arguing, please." Ms. Shinwa began as she strolled along the aisles, observing the students, before stopping at Ash's table. "Need any help choosing a topic, Ash?"

"No ma'am..." Ash replied to the young wavy haired woman standing over him. "I'm doing the Pokemon Sirens for mine." he explained as he proudly displayed his encyclopedia.

"An excellent choice." Ms. Shinwa replied as Ash got in line to use the copier...

After class...

"Chu...Pikachu sighed as Ash walked along the sidewalk lining the courtyard, reading his copied research. "Pika pika chu?"

"I know you're tired, little guy, but we just have this class left for today." Ash assured Pikachu. He was about to say more when he felt an odd feeling under his foot. After stepping off the round locket like object lying on the pavement, he picked it up and took a look at it. It appeared to be a kind of red medallion with a flame in its center--but what kind of medallion could open like a locket?

The ringing of the bell jolted Ash from his thoughts. He quickly hung the medallion around his neck as he rushed to class...

After school...

Ash trudged down the sidewalk, still reading his research. It had been a long day, and he wanted to just relax on the couch before the TV...but his thoughts were interrupted by a rustling in some bushes. He froze, watching as a Persian dragged a Rattata carcass across the sidewalk...but something was different about this Persian.

Rather than being a creamy yellow, the Persian's fur was a deep purple...and it looked at Ash with ruby red eyes as it feasted on its catch. Ash was trembling now--was he seeing a Shadow Pokemon? Would it eat him if he tried to flee?

"Hey, dude..." came a voice from Ash's neck. Confused, he glanced around--no one else was present but him, Pikachu, and the Shadow Persian. He was about to shrug it off as his imagination when he heard the voice again. "Dude..."

"Who's there?" Ash gasped, being extra careful not to alert the Shadow Persian to his presence.

"Hey, inside the medallion, hat-boy!" the voice snapped, obviously angered. "Open up, would ya?"

Ash carefully brought the medallion into his hands and pried it open, allowing a red light to come flying out of it, much to the fascination of Pikachu. "That better?" he asked the light.

"Sure does...I was beginning to get cramped in there!" the light laughed.

"Who're you?" Ash nervously asked. He noticed the Shadow Persian cautiously approaching him, making him slip behind a bush.

"The name's Sendachi..." the light replied. "And what's your name? I don't wanna call you 'hat-boy' all the time."

"I'm Ash..." Ash stammered, all the more aware of the Shadow Persian prowling nearby his hiding spot. "What do you know about that weird looking Persian?"

"That, my friend, is a Darkium Pokemonus--in other words, a Shadow Pokemon." Sendachi replied. "The only way to purify them is by a Siren's song."

"Huh?" Ash was confused by what Sendachi had said. "Aren't they just legend?"

"According to your research..." Sendachi began as he read a portion of highlighted text on Ash's copied research. "'The three Sirens bravely trekked to Mt. Battle, and managed to combine their voices to seal Deoxys away inside a dark crystal, knowing full well that whoever released Deoxys would become its master. They also left their Siren's medallions at the site of the crystal, hoping that if Deoxys was ever released, they would find three new Sirens to seal Deoxys again.' That time has come...Deoxys now roams free once again; and your finding the medallion I was in confirms that you are a Siren."

"How do you know all this?" Ash demanded. "You haven't even heard me sing!"

"Listen up, then!" Sendachi replied. "Ten years ago, I was once a Cipher peon myself...the cronies at Cipher called me Miror B. It wasn't until I was defeated by a trainer named Wes that I began to see the error of my ways, so I cleaned up my act."

"Okay..." Ash beckoned Sendachi to go on, growing ever more fearful of the Shadow Pokemon prowling by the bush.

"Five years after I came clean, the Cipher cronies began experimenting with Shadow Pokemon again...this time seeking to make one that could not be purified. Their lab Rattata turned out to be a Lugia. I broke into some of the Cipher labs and bailed out some other Shadow Pokemon set to become XD Pokemon--I couldn't purify them on my own; so I offered them to a kid named Michael...he went on to defeat Cipher in my stead, making them flee the Orre region.

While I was on the run from Cipher, I met up with the Legendary Rainbow Bird--Ho'oh. I asked her to forgive me for all the wrongs I caused, and she did--on condition that I give up my human form and help a new generation of Sirens--that explains why I'm a light."

"But how do you know I'm a Siren?" Ash asked. "I can't sing!"

"Sure you can!" Sendachi replied. "All you gotta do is say 'Fire Siren Voice!'"

"But..." Ash protested as he felt himself being pushed toward the Shadow Persian, who licked its chops as it saw Ash approach.

"Just say it, for Ho'oh's sake!" Sendachi snapped.

"Okay...FIRE SIREN VOICE!" Ash called. No sooner had he said this, did his medallion open again, revealing a glowing ruby inside that expanded into what looked like an earpiece microphone. The mic flew over to Ash and settled by his ear, allowing the mic to rest by his lip. Next, Ash started to feel warm as fire consumed him. Seconds later, it faded, leaving sparkling red armor with gold trim. The armor continued down his arms, except for his hands, where golden gloves engraved with a ruby in the center appeared. The armor also appeared on his legs, except it was black, and his shoes were also golden with a ruby in the center. To top it all off, his cap became red and gold.

"Now that's the Siren I know and love!" Sendachi cried. "So sing it!"

Ash reluctantly cleared his throat, then began to softly sing:

Hold on, to your dream...
    and look out towards the sun!
    I'll cherish your wish...
    And I will...I will protect it!

The Shadow Persian yowled in pain as a wave of sound burst forth from Ash's mic. As the music picked up into a rock beat, Ash couldn't resist dancing as he watched Pikachu jump off his shoulder and stare down the Shadow Persian. He sang again:

The rising sun, it turns the rolling sea into a crimson red...
    And yet, we are falling!
    The rising wind calls me away towards a distant land...

Although I've battled here so many times,
    I cannot lose my faith, nor can I lose my resolve!

Yet, how can I strive to be my very best?
    Be all I can be?

Just listen to your heart, that always speaks the truth!
    The light will show you the way!

While Ash sang, the Persian tried to scratch Pikachu, but Pikachu always managed to either run out of the way or counter with a Thunderbolt. Ash figured that as long as he sang with his newfound vocal power, Pikachu would do well in battle. With that thought in mind, he continued his song:

It's all right, come on and dry your tears and face the brand new day...
    You will not be alone!
    Your best friends, they are all watching you, they're here to guide you...

I know, you fight to save the ones that you love,
    Quickly, in the blink of an eye,
    You'll be by their side, to their rescue...

Now here you stand right at the top of the hill...
    Trust your heart and believe!

Hold on to your dream...
    And look on, to the future!
    You cannot keep silent, because I see, your spirit in your eyes!
    It shines just like the sun!
    Although the darkness may be more..
    You love triumphs over them!

"Way to go, young Siren!" Sendachi cried as Pikachu unleashed another Thunderbolt at the Persian. By this time, the Persian's fur was starting to flicker between the shadowy purple and the normal creamy yellow color of a normal Persian, a sign of purification! He sang with all his might as the Persian tried again to scratch Pikachu:

And now, your race is ready to start!
    Please, don't be afraid!

Hold on to your dream...
    And look on, to the future!
    I'll hold you in my arms, and grant you hope and peace!

When the song concluded, the now purified Persian fell to the ground, weakened from the battle. Ash's mic disappeared off of him and returned to the medallion, making his normal clothes reappear. For some reason, he felt exhausted from singing, so he weakly gathered his research and started for home again, this time with Sendachi and Pikachu in tow.

At the Ketchum house...

"Here we are, Sendachi..." Ash smiled as he turned on the lights in his room. "This is my room." With that, he collapsed on his bed.

"Nice pad you've got, Ash..." Sendachi smiled as he flew inside an empty jewelry box. "Not to mention that you sing better than I thought!"

"You should hear me in the shower!" Ash laughed...causing Sendachi and Pikachu to laugh as well.

To Be Continued...

Last edited:

EmeraldSky

Years
    Last time, on "Pokemon: A Siren's Voice"....

An ancient legend comes to life when the evil Team Cipher arrives in Kanto, intent on destroying it like they hoped to destroy the Orre region. Upon arrival in Kanto, Greevil, the leader of Cipher; shattered an ancient crystal containing the evil legendary Deoxys, once contained by the voices of three trainers known as the Sirens.

What Greevil didn't know was that the medallions worn by the three Sirens of yore are now scattered around Kanto, looking for those chosen to be Sirens. The red Fire Siren turns out to be budding Pokemon Master Ash Ketchum--who'd rather be journeying on his quest to be a Master, but his aquisition of the red Siren Medallion changed all of that.

Now, he, Pikachu, and Sendachi; the Siren Guardian, must find the owners of the remaining two medallions and together with them, seal away Deoxys and drive Team Cipher out of Kanto.

Little does Ash know, the second medallion is no further than on the campus of his school...

Who has found the blue medallion of the Ocean Siren? Find out!

Episode 2: The Heart of the Ocean

In the Ketchum house...

"Wake up!" Sendachi snapped as he flew in circles above Ash's bed, hoping that the male figure under the covers would wake up. "Up and at'em! Time to get ready for school!"

"mrrrgh...I don't wanna go to school..." Ash yawned as he rolled over, oblivious to the red light hovering over him. He was about to drift back to sleep when the yipping of a Growlithe snapped him to attention. "Huh?"

"Betcha didn't know I could transform into stuff, didja?" Sendachi, now in the form of a Growlithe, replied. "I may not have a true body per se, but I can assume a body when I go out in public...this way you don't have to explain me to your friends on campus--they'll assume I'm just another Pokemon of yours."

"Wait a sec...." Ash asked as he climbed out of bed and trudged to the closet to get dressed. "You're..."

"Yeah, I'm coming to class with you!" Sendachi smiled. "You don't mind me being in class, do ya?"

"No, of course not." Ash replied as he threw a shirt over his head. "Just don't bother the other students while I'm in class, okay?"

"Okay...but if you ever need an excuse for not having your homework, just let me know!" Shendachi laughed as he led Ash down the stairs to the kitchen, where a cereal box was waiting at Ash's place.

Ash froze--in all the excitement of his first performance as a Siren, he had forgotten to do his algebra homework! How was he going to explain this to Mr. Daisu? Was he going to have to write "I will come prepared for class" fifty times on the chalkboard?

"Hey, Sendachi..." he started, waving a hand below the table.

"Yo..." replied the glowing red Growlithe seated under the table by Ash's chair.

"Know any good excuses for not doing algebra homework?"

"I know plenty!" Sendachi replied. "'Pikachu ate it' is not gonna cut it...and neither is 'Pikachu ate it, then my science project ate Pikachu'...because you didn't have a science project due to begin with...so we''ll stick with the either the classic 'I had a brain cramp' or we can be a little adventurous and say "I left my brain in my locker." At this, Pikachu pictured a brain inside a school locker...and nearly fell off the table laughing!

"Or...maybe I can quickly get it done before Mr. Daisu takes it up!" Ash suggested as he cleared the table, gave Delia a hug, and departed for the bus stop...

At Pallet Town Middle School...

"This is it, Sendachi...the school." Ash explained as he and Sendachi climbed up the steps and into the school building, where various students were already milling about waiting for class to start.

"Wow...I've never seen so many students before..." Sendachi replied, bemused by the various students racing back and forth down the hallway.

"It's always like this before class starts..." Ash explained as he strolled to his locker and began gathering his books for the morning classes. "Thank goodness algebra is in the afternoon..."

"Maybe you can get it done at lunch..." Sendachi suggested.

"I guess...English is first...and there's someone I like in that class...not lovey dovey like, but close friend like..." Ash explained as he started down the hallway to Ms. Shinwa's class. "She arrived here a few months ago from Cerulean City...some people say she's from the Gym Leader's family."

"Interesting..." Sendachi replied as Ash took his seat by the door. "Name, please..."

"Her name's Misty..." Ash explained, right as a red haired girl clad in a thin yellow shirt and shorts to match walked in and took her seat by the window. "There she is."

"She's nice..." Sendachi noted as Misty unpacked her books. "Not to mention the blue medallion she has looks nice...maybe she's a Siren too?"

Ash glanced over by Misty's seat, noting the blue medallion with a water drop on it hanging around Misty's neck. "Oh, THAT medallion...she says she got it at the jewelry store in the mall..."

"But I know that's a Siren's Medallion!" Sendachi mused. "That means she's the Ocean Siren!"

"If I tell her...she'll laugh at me..." Ash sighed as the bell rang to start class.

Later...

Ash slumped down in his seat, apparently bored. Ms. Shinwa had been droning on about the Legendaries in literature for the past 30 minutes now--and Ash desperately wished she'd talk about something else.

Inspired by this, he tore a page out of his notebook and scribbled a short message:

Hi Misty:

Where did you get that neat medallion, actually? It looks good on you!

Ash

After folding the note into a neat paper airplane and checking to see if Ms. Shinwa wasn't looking, he heaved the airplane at Misty's desk.

Misty read the note, smiled, and began writing a reply:

Ash:

I got the medallion at the jewelry store in the mall for cheap--the salesperson said it resembles a Siren's medallion--whatever that is.

Did you hear that the high school's coming tomorrow to put on their spring play for us?

Misty

She quickly heaved the reply at Ash, just as Ms. Shinwa turned to address the class about the day's homework, all the while toying with the blue medallion. If this really IS a Siren's medalion...does this mean the legend is true? she thought. Her thoughts were interuppted when the entire room began to shake!

Students began to scream and flee out into the hallway as a Shadow Golem peeked in the window--but Ash stood up and began to walk over to where the purple and gray Golem was watching the students run about, pondering whether or not it should level some classrooms like it had some signposts by the school entrance.

"Run, Ash!" Ms. Shinwa yelped as she cowered under her desk, afraid of the hulking Golem outside. "Save yourself!"

"Trust me on this..." Ash assured his teacher, then held his medallion high over his head. "FIRE SIREN VOICE!"

The Golem watched, dumbfounded, as Ash's medallion opened, revealing a glowing ruby inside that expanded into what looked like an earpiece microphone. The mic flew over to Ash and settled by his ear, allowing the mic to rest by his lip. Next, Ash started to feel warm as fire consumed him. Seconds later, it faded, leaving sparkling red armor with gold trim. The armor continued down his arms, except for his hands, where golden gloves engraved with a ruby in the center appeared. The armor also appeared on his legs, except it was black, and his shoes were also golden with a ruby in the center. To top it all off, his cap became red and gold.

"It's showtime, Siren!" Sendachi began. Ash nodded and began his song:

Misty watched, shocked, as a wave of sound came from Ash's mike. Ash...a Siren? Then the legend IS true! She watched as Ash continued, making the Golem scream in pain:

The rising sun, it turns the rolling sea into a crimson red...
    And yet, we are falling!
    The rising wind calls me away towards a distant land...

Yet, how can I strive to be my very best?
    Be all I can be?

This was about as far as Ash got before the Golem burst into the room, leveling most of the right wall. Ash quickly dove under a desk, shuddering as the Golem searched for any humans to crush. "Now what do we do, Sendachi?" he asked.

"Tell Misty 'Ocean Siren Voice', stat!" Sendanchi replied. "Golem's much too strong for your voice alone!"

"Misty!" Ash called over to Misty, who was huddled down by the air conditioner. "Say 'Ocean Siren Voice', quickly!"

"Why?" Misty asked, panicked, as the Golem approached the air conditioner.

"Just trust me!" Ash screeched, but winced as the Golem hurled a desk out of its way, clearing a path to the air conditioner.

"Okay..." and Misty held her medallion high. "OCEAN SIREN VOICE!" At this, the medallion opened, revealing a glowing sapphire that materialized to a blue earpiece microphone. It flew over by Misty's right ear and rested there, resing the mic by her lip.

Next, Misty began to glow blue as she transformed-- her arms became covered in long, cerulean blue gloves. A sleeveless shirt with a short skirt attached appeared around her body. It was mostly white with streaks of different shades of blue running through it. Long, blue, high-heeled boots covered most of her legs. A silver tiara engraved with the a sapphire atop her head completed the transformation.

"Siren numbah two, in da house!" Sendachi replied as Misty stared the Golem down.

"I've got the perfect song for you, Rocky!" Misty taunted the Golem as music started over her mic..then she sang:

Rolling rainbow wind, in so many colors...
    Rolling on, towards the shore and to the sky...
    The song I hear in my heart, as the sunshine rises...
    Is a song, that I've known, since my youngest days!
    The birds they fly, up to the sky, the breeze guiding them on to the east
    I...will follow them...follow them on as a guide!

The Golem roared in pain as it began to rain on it--even though Misty and Ash were inside a building. More desks went flying as the Golem tried to rid itself of the pain.

"Sing with her, Ash!" Sendachi suggested. "Two voices are better than one! Ash nodded and joined in with Misty on the next part of the verse:

Seven seas together, they are paradise!
    That will grant me peace in the midst of the storm!
    My broken spirit will rise again and will live forever just to say "I love you!"
    The songs of seven countries will unite as one,
    Exactly like the dark night gives way to the dawn!
    Everyone will leave their cares behind
    And the greatest love of all, they won't forget!

The Golem began to flicker as the two Sirens continued:

The clouds that roll through the sky, as the day goes on...
    They roll on, towards a great and beautiful rainbow...
    See the stars that glitter, shine and sparkle through the night...
    Their brilliance is like that...that of a gemstone!

I hear a whistle's song on the wind... Ash sang. Strangely enough, a strange flute like instrument was heard in the music, magically fixing what the Golem had destroyed.

How it causes the world to smile.. Misty sang. The students that had fled were now crowding in the classroom to watch the unfolding performance.

My time of awakening...
    Today's the day!
    both Sirens sang together before continuing:

Every brand new day is a new miracle!
    Compassion and kindness will flow through my soul!
    Wishes and prayers reside in my heart...
    That will go to everyone out wandering.
    Stretch out your hand and catch a falling star!
    It will grant your wishes through laughter and tears!
    I may not understand the world, but I believe, I believe in you!
    As the song concluded, a light engulfed the now purified Golem, teleporting it from the room. The school now looked like nothing had happened.

"I don't believe it..." Ms. Shinwa gasped as she emerged from under her desk. "The Legend of the Sirens...it's true!"

"Three cheers for our Sirens!" someone called. Ash and Misty just took a bow as the students cheered "Hip! Hip! Hooray!"...

Later that day...

"It sure was nice of the principal to cancel the rest of the classes in our honor!" Misty laughed as she and Ash walked down the street. "This Siren business sounds like it'll be fun....but I wonder--if you have the red medallion, and I have the blue...then who has the third medallion?"

"That I'm working on..." Sendachi replied. "It has found its way into the hands of one of the high school students--problem is, he just considers it a lucky charm."

"He'll find out it's more than a lucky charm soon enough!" Ash replied. Everyone laughed as Ash and Misty ran to get in line at the movie theater...

To Be Continued...

Last edited:

EmeraldSky

Years
    Okay, change of plans: Brock awakens now!

Last time, on "Pokemon: A Siren's Voice"...

Ash discovers that his best friend Misty posseses the blue medallion of the Ocean Siren...at first, Misty thinks that her medallion is just a trinket, but soon discovers its power when a Shadow Golem attacks the school! She and Ash combine their voices to purify the massive Pokemon!

Now, only one medallion remains...and will its owner ever discover that it is more than a lucky charm? Find out!

Episode 3: Only the Beginning

"Here we are, you guys!" Sendachi smiled as he nudged on the lights in the basement, which was now converted into a lounge, complete with a table, chairs, a TV, and various game systems." "This is your own private hideway, where you two can discuss Siren matters in private."

"It's nice, Sendachi..." Misty smiled as she relaxed on a couch. "Thanks!"

"Yeah, thanks!" Ash agreed as he started up the stairs to get some snacks.

"Why are you going back upstairs?" Sendachi asked. "I have grub already here!" he smiled, gesturing to a refrigerator by one of the couches.

"You think of everything, Sendachi..." Ash smiled as he grabbed a fruit tray from the refrigerator.

"Any time!" Sendachi smiled as he watched Ash help himself to some pineapple bits. "Now, while you guys are chowing down, let me update you on the situation so far: There's still one more medallion out there; the Terra medallion." He paused to form a picture of a green medallion with a leaf in the center in his paws. "Problem is, the guy that's found it..." and Sendachi paused to form a picture of a an older boy with tanned skin.

Misty gasped when she saw the picture. "That's Brock...I see him all the time performing at the Cafe de Pallete!" she exclaimed. "He can play a mean acoustic guitar!"

"Yeah, Brock's quite a character..." Ash agreed. "On top of his incredible guitar and singing skills, he's quite the comedian, and very friendly to everyone...."

"As I was saying..." Sendachi continued, cutting the conversation short. "Your friend Brock has the Terra medallion...and the problem is, he just thinks it's a lucky charm. Our job is to convince him it's a real Siren's medallion."

"Well, he's in the high school play, and last time I talked to him, he said that weird things kept happening during rehearsal...the power going out, the set pieces falling over, things like that." Ash explained. "I think it could be a Shadow Pokemon trying to disrupt the show."

"Good call, Fire Siren..." Sendachi smiled. "If one of you knows Brock's number, call him up and ask if you guys can come watch a rehearsal."

"One problem..." Misty interjected. "No phone."

"I'll fix that, then!" and Sendachi created a red, blue, and green phone on the table. "There you go...dial away!" Misty reached for her address book, thumbed through a few pages, then began to dial Brock's number....

After ringing a few times, Brock's voice came through on the other end. "Hello?"

"Hey, Brock, it's Misty..." Misty started..."I'm at Ash's place...he says your next play rehearsal's tomorrow..."

"Right you are!" Brock replied. "It's getting close to the dress rehearsal--what we'll be putting on for you guys and the elementary schools."

"Well, we were thinking of coming along to watch." Misty explained. "That okay with you?"

"Of course...we could use practice before an audience." Brock laughed. "I just hope nothing goes wrong...last time, one of the sets fell and was damaged, so the set crew's been fixing it...I tried to find what was causing all this stuff to happen; and I swear I saw a purple Magnemite backstage!"

"Really?" Misty was interested in this possible Shadow Pokemon sighting. "What was it doing?"

"Just hovering there, watching me..." Brock replied. "I didn't bug it, so it didn't bug me...its red eye gave me the creeps. The funny part? No one believed me when I told them!

"If you see it again tomorrow, call us, and you'll have witnesses...maybe then people will believe you!" Misty suggested. "So...what time do we need to be there tomorrow?"

"Rehearsal gets underway at 2:45, not long after classes let out." Brock replied. "The stage entrance to the auditorium is the first door on the left past the lunchroom...know where that is?"

"Yeah...from the school entrance, turn right and head down the hall." Misty replied. "Ash and I will be there...Ash might bring his new Growlithe along too."

"Okay, I'll see you guys then!" Brock smiled. "See ya!" With that, the line disconnected.

"What did the Brock-man say?" Sendachi was interested.

"He said he'd love it if we came to the rehearsal tomorrow...and that he saw a purple Magnemite backstage one day." Misty explained. "Sad thing is, nobody believed him when he told what he'd seen!"

"We'll make'em believe...with the power of the Siren's voice!" Sendachi barked with excitement. Ash and Misty nodded in agreement.

The next day...

"Welcome, to our humble....backstage area." Brock smiled as he met Ash and Misty at the stage entrance. "Please excuse the mess...the set crew's fixing the sets that were mysteriously broke." he explained as he led Ash, Misty, and Sendachi past groups of students fixing pieces of mountains, pyaramids, trees, and other pieces of the set.

Just then, a brown haired woman approached one of the groups of students repairing the set. "How's the repair going?"

"Almost done, Miss Kantoku." a girl replied. "All we need to do is repaint the mountain."

"That's Miss Kantoku, the director and the best drama teacher here." Brock explained to Ash and Misty. "While usually nice, she will snap if you provoke her."

"Gotcha!" Sendachi replied, apparently enjoying being petted by a few students.

"Brock, you can get ready to do the first scene while we finish the set." Miss Kantoku replied. Ash retrieved Sendachi and joined Misty in looking for a seat...

Later...

"All right...let's rehearse the beginning of the play..." Miss Kantoku explained. Brock appeared in an elaborate minstrel's contume, complete with a small harp. "Okay...action!

Brock started to run his fingers over the harp strings and sing:

Now let me just tell you how happy I am,
    To welcome you, friends, to the land of Arcane
    Where demons and fairies of magical grace,
    Will charm you and bring a smile to your face.

High up in this tower, a young mage awaits,
    He dreams of adventure from far away place,
    The demons, the fairies, the king and the queen,
    They shall reward him if he can just win!

Suddenly, the power went out, scaring the students and sending the tech crew scrambling for flashlights! A few gasps were heard when those that had flashlights discovered the source of the power failure: a small purple Magnemite.

"What IS that?" Miss Kantou asked, but she soon found herself paralyzed by the Shadow Magnemite's Thunder Wave! Next, it tried to paralyze Brock, but he fled backstage, causing the attack to slam into a piece of the set!

"That's the purple Magnemite I told you about!" Brock yelped fearfully as Ash and Misty raced onstage with flashlights. "From the looks of it, it's not friendly!"

"FIRE SIREN VOICE!" Ash called, making his medallion open. It revealed a glowing ruby inside that materialized into a red earpiece microphone. The mic flew over to Ash and settled by his ear, allowing the mic to rest by his lip. Next, Ash started to feel warm as fire consumed him. Seconds later, it faded, leaving sparkling red armor with gold trim. The armor continued down his arms, except for his hands, where golden gloves engraved with a ruby in the center appeared. The armor also appeared on his legs, except it was black, and his shoes were also golden with a ruby in the center. To top it all off, his cap became red and gold.

"OCEAN SIREN VOICE!" Misty called, making her medallion open. It revealed a glowing sapphire that materialized into a blue earpiece microphone. It flew over by Misty's right ear and rested there, resing the mic by her lip. Next, Misty began to glow blue as she transformed-- her arms became covered in long, cerulean blue gloves. A sleeveless shirt with a short skirt attached appeared around her body. It was mostly white with streaks of different shades of blue running through it. Long, blue, high-heeled boots covered most of her legs. A silver tiara engraved with the a sapphire atop her head completed the transformation.

Brock watched, dumbfounded, as the transformations unfolded. I can't believe my eyes...the Sirens of yore are real! He studied the green medallion around his neck. Could this mean...I'm a Siren too?

Ash, meanwhile, began to sing as a rock beat began to play over his mic:

There's music in the air,
    News is in the makin',
    Music in the air,
    Somethin' big is breakin'!

Wow, look around at the sight and sound
    Did we take you by surprise?
    Bet you can't believe your eyes!
    (surprise, surprise)

Whoa, well this is only the beginning,
    Only the beginning...
    Ash and Misty sang together.

Now, now's the time when our star's on the climb
    Watch us try for the prize
    We're already on the rise (surprise, surprise)
    Misty sang.

Only the beginning!
    Only the beginning, only the beginning!
    both sang together. The Magnemite just watched, unimpressed, as the song continued.

Wow, look around at the sight and sound
    Did we take you by surprise?
    Bet you can't believe your eyes! (surprise, surprise)

Only the beginning...

Now, now's the time when our star's on the climb
    Watch us try for the prize
    We're already on the rise (surprise, surprise)

Only the beginning!
    Only the beginning, only the beginning!

Angered by the outburst of sound, the Magnemite fired a Thunder Wave, sending Ash and Misty falling to the ground, paralyzed. Sendachi tried to undo the bindings, but even then, he too was of no help. "Is there another Siren in the house?" he asked. No sooner had he said that...

"TERRA SIREN VOICE!" Brock called, making his medallion open. It revealed a glowing emerald that materialized into a green earpiece microphone, which flew over to Brock and rested by his ear, allowing the mic to rest at his lip. Then, a green light engulfed Brock. He lifted his hands high as his shirt turned silver. Next, his vest turned green and lengthened into a green jacket decorated with gold and silver swirls. His legs received a similar treatment as deep green pants laced with gold trim snaked down his legs, culminating in golden shoes appearing on his feet. Finally, a leaf-shaped crystal flew up and settled inside the center of a silver bowtie, completing the look.

Ash was shocked! "Brock? The third Siren?"

"Believe it..." Sendachi replied. "I knew it all along."

An Oriental sounding tune began over Brock's mic, over which he sang:

Ai-yai-yai,
    Ai-yai-yai,
    Ai-yai-yai,
    Where's my samurai?

The music picked up into a techno beat, making Ash and Misty's bindings disappear. Brock just started to sing...

I've been searching for a man,
    All across Japan,
    Just to find, to find my samurai...
    Someone who is strong, and just a little shy,
    Yes I need, I need my samurai...

Ai-yai-yai, I'm your little Beautifly!
    Green, black, and blue; making colors in the sky!

"I didn't know Brock knew my favorite song on Dancing Star!" Ash smiled as Brock continued:

I'm searching in the woods,
    And high upon the hills,
    Just to find, to find my samurai...
    Someone who won't regret,
    To keep me in his net,
    Yes I need, I need my samurai...

Ai-yai-yai,
    Ai-yai-yai,
    Ai-yai-yai,
    Where's my samurai?

Ai-yai-yai,
    Ai-yai-yai,
    Ai-yai-yai,
    Where's my samurai?

The Magnemite started to flicker as Brock sang Oh...Oh...Oh...Oh..Oh... It continued writhing in pain as the song continued:

Green, black, and blue; making colors in the sky

Ai-yai-yai,
    Ai-yai-yai,
    Ai-yai-yai,
    Where's my samurai?

Ai-yai-yai,
    Ai-yai-yai,
    Ai-yai-yai,
    Where's my samurai?

Suddenly, the paralyzed students felt their bindings break during a break in the music! They weakly stood up...

Brock concluded, prompting some applause. He led the bows as a crowd began to gather around the now purified Magnemite.

"The Three Sirens, everyone!" Sendachi called, prompting even more cheers from the students! Ash led the bows the second time, then asked "How bout an encore?" The students laughed as the now purified Magnemite flew off.

"Legendary Sirens..." Miss Kantoku began, awed. "I can't thank you enough for saving the show, but you put on quite a show yourselves!." Another round of applause began....

To Be Continued....

Last edited:

EmeraldSky

Years

While investigating mysterious happenings at the high school, Ash and Misty discover that the source of the problem is a Shadow Pokemon! Witnessing the duo's transformation is their best friend, Brock; who unknowingly possesses the third Siren medallion.

But the Siren song is barely underway when the Shadow Pokemon attacks! With Ash and Misty paralyzed, who will sing to purify the Shadow Magnemite?

Brock steps up to the challenge and becomes Terra Siren, the third of the Siren trio, saving the school play and purifying the Shadow Pokemon!

Now, the three Sirens prepare to relax and enjoy a lazy Saturday--but this particular Saturday will turn out to be anything BUT lazy!

Episode 4: Gettin' Down to Business!

Ash yawned as he trooped downstairs to the basement, Sendachi and Pikachu in tow. "I'm so glad today's Saturday..."

"Yeah, the whole day just goofing off..." Sendachi mused. "And not a Shadow Pokemon in sight!"

"We hope, anyway..." Ash laughed as he entered the Siren's lounge, where he noticed Brock tuning his guitar, and Misty seated before a digital piano. "What's with the instruments?" he asked.

"I asked the Brock-man to pack his guitar, and I set the piano up this morning while you were watching TV." Sendachi replied. "This way, you can write your own songs if you want!"

"Wow...I'm gonna go get my Pokeflute!" Ash cried, dashing back upstairs.

Sendachi was shocked! "I didn't know YOU could play anything, my boy!" He started as he followed Ash to his room, where Ash began rummaging under his bed, looking through drawers, and even in his closet.

"I've played Pokeflute since the first grade." Ash explained as he dug through a box. "People say I'm good...problem is, I haven't played in a while, so I forgot where I put it." He rummaged around in a box some more, until he felt something solid at the bottom. "Ah ha!" he cried, triumphantly holding a leather sleeve over his head. "I keep it in here when I'm not playing it." he explained as he packed the sleeve and a few books of sheet music in another box and started back towards the lounge.

"You sure that's enough protection for it?" Sendachi asked as he followed Ash downstairs. "Flutes are delicate instruments, you know...."

"I know." Ash assured Sendachi as he set the box over on a couch and grabbed a music stand. "But, leather's just as protective as the clunky case my Pokeflute originally came in, and a lot less heavier, too!"

"I didn't know you played the Pokeflute!" Misty gasped as Ash opened one of the music books to a certain page, then carefully removed a long recorder-like instrument with seven fingerholes from the sleeve.

"That's a beautiful instrument..." Brock commented. "I bet it sounds just as good as it looks!"

"Okay, listen to this..." With that, Ash took a deep breath and launched into a set of dance tunes, causing everyone else to clap along. When he finished, he took a bow as everyone applauded..

"Bravo!" Misty cried as she applauded.

"Encore!" Brock agreed. Ash just smiled and bowed again.

"Very nice!" Sendachi began. "I hate to rain on your parade a bit, but try and stay on alert for Shadow Pokemon activity..." he started as he directed the trio's attention to a radar-like device over by a couch. "This is the Shadow Radar--used to track the whereabouts of Shadow Pokemon."

"Well, let's get down to business!" Ash cried, making a beeline over to the radar. "I'll watch it for a while..." he assured the others as he settled on a couch, keeping a watchful eye on the screen.

"You know, Ash..." Brock smiled as he played through a melody he had written. "You just gave me an idea for some lyrics to this song!"

"I did?" Ash was impressed.

"Wanna hear them?" Brock asked.

"I do!" Misty interjected. "I know they'll be great!"

"Okay..." Brock snapped a few times to count himself off, then started an upbeat melody:

We've just been playin',
    Foolin around!
    While everybody else is out there,
    Coverin' ground!

We've gotta take a whole new tact, Ash and Misty joined in.
    To get back on the track!

And it's time we get started
    Gettin' down to business
    Time we get started
    Gettin' down to business!

They're all sayin' (ooh ooh ooh)
    We don't have a chance, (ooh ooh ooh)
    We don't wanna let 'em
    Write us off in advance,
    Brock sang as Ash and Misty backed him up.
    There's only one thing we can do,
    One thing.... Ash and Misty sang
    To make our dreams come true! all three Sirens sang.

Gettin' down to business
    Time we get started

Gettin' down to business
    Time we get started

They're all sayin' (ooh ooh ooh)
    We don't have a chance (ooh ooh ooh)
    We don't wanna let 'em
    Write us off in advance
    There's only one thing we can do
    (one thing)
    To make our dreams come true!

Gettin' down to business
    Time we get started

Gettin' down to business
    Time we get started

"Pikachu!" Pikachu led the applause as the Sirens took a bow.

"That was a wonderful song, you three!" Sendachi smiled, impressed. He was about to say more when the phone rang. "Telephone!"

"I'll get it!" Brock set his guitar aside and dashed to the phone. "Hello...oh, hi!...yeah...I'm hanging with some friends right now...mm-hmm...oh?...Really?...Okay!...We'll be right over to cheer you on!...okay...bye."

"Who was it?" Ash asked as he cleaned up his instruments and books.

"That was a very good friend of Misty and I..." Brock explained as he tidied up the base a little and packed up his instrument and supplies. "Her name's Yuni Odoru, and she is Kanto's reigning Dancing Star champion!"

"Enlighten me as to what this 'Dancing Star' thing is, please." Sendachi was interested.

"Okay...Ash, Misty..the dancing pad..." Brock started. Ash and Misty obliged and unrolled a mat depicting for arrows arranged in a compass pattern. The up and down arrows were pink, and the left and right arrows were blue. At the very front were some wires, which Ash connected to the GameCube sitting under the TV.

"Interesting..." Sendachi mused, piqued by the odd setup.

"Now..." Brock started as he stepped aboard the pad. "Dancing Star's not your traditional button basher...you actually have to move to play!"

"I see..." Sendachi noted as Ash confirmed a few selections for Brock.

"Note the positions of the arrows...left on my left, right on my right, up in front of me, and down behind me...." Brock explained. "In a few moments, you'll see the song background and four arrow outlines at the top...when the music begins, more arrows--rainbow sparkly ones--will start rising towards the outlines. When the rainbow sparkly arrows line up with the outlines, you step on them. Mess up too many times, and you lose."

"Sounds interesting..." Sendachi smiled as he heard the song Brock had chosen begin:

Fallin' in love...
    Fallin' in love...

At this, the music picked up and rainbow sparkly arrows started to appear on the scren, prompting Brock to hop and step to the beat...

I need your love in every way
    And I feel this everyday
    Cause I have too many tears
    To fall in love again

Now, I am walking around
    In this side of the town I just can't hideaway
    How can I look in your eyes
    When I feel like to die I have to runaway

Dariri Ram dariram dariram
    Darirari rariram
    Daririram dam
    Darirari rariram
    Daririram dam

And fall in love again
    And fall in love again

Fallin' in love...

"Wow!" Sendachi was impressed.

"I danced to Yuni's favorite song..." Brock explained as he stepped off the pad. "That's the one she'll be dancing to in the competition she called us about."

"Where's the competition at?" Misty asked as she started upstairs.

"It's at the park, on the main stage." Brock replied as he led the others upstairs.

At the park...

"Wow..." Ash gasped, awed by the crowd that had gathered the various dancers perform on a giant version of the Dancing Star pad he owned. "Look at the turnout!"

"They say Dancing Star tournaments have big prizes..." Misty started until she spotted a girl with long orange-yellow hair wearing a brown shirt and a light brown skirt with a plaid pattern on the sidelines. "Hi, Yuni!" she yelled, waving enthusiastically.

"Misty, Brock, you made it!" Yuni replied as she gave Misty a hug. "I'm so glad you came!"

"Yuni, this is Ash, one of our best friends..." Brock started as Ash stepped foward to greet Yuni.

"I've heard a lot about you..." Ash smiled as he shook Yuni's hand. "I hope you dance as well as people say you do!"

"I hope so too..the Dancing Star machine's been acting up all day..." Yuni started as she watched a dancer perform. "Normally it works great, but the whole staff is baffled as to why it's acting funny." she continued as the dancer tried to step, but the step wouldn't register, causing a long string of 'Miss' to appear. The dancer hung his head as the disqualification buzzer sounded, causing some "Aww"'s in the crowd.

Sendachi watched as the dejected competitor returned to the sidelines. "I have a feeling a Shadow Pokemon is behind this...but what kind of Pokemon would cause machinery to malfunction?"

"An Electric type, maybe?" Ash wondered. He was about to say more until he noticed a purple and gray Kadabra levitating by the platform. "Huh?" He winced as the Shadow Kadabra hurled a blue blast at the next dancer, causing her to fall to the ground. At the same time, the Dancing Star machine began to glitch and turn staticy.

"I knew it!" Sedachi whispered. "It was a Shadow Pokemon!"

"But how are we supposed to transform here?" Ash worried. "Especially in front of Yuni!"

"Come on!" Sendachi led Ash, Misty, and Brock out of the crowd and towards a tree.

"What's going on?" Yuni asked as she tried to follow the group, but wound up caught in the crowd of spectators, staff, and competitors.

"We're going to try to fight that Kadabra!" Brock explained. "But we have to change into protective gear so its power won't harm us!"

"All here?" Sendachi asked. The trio nodded. "Showtime, Sirens!"

"FIRE SIREN VOICE!" Ash called, making his medallion open. It revealed a glowing ruby inside that materialized into a red earpiece microphone. The mic flew over to Ash and settled by his ear, allowing the mic to rest by his lip. Next, Ash started to feel warm as fire consumed him. Seconds later, it faded, leaving sparkling red armor with gold trim. The armor continued down his arms, except for his hands, where golden gloves engraved with a ruby in the center appeared. The armor also appeared on his legs, except it was black, and his shoes were also golden with a ruby in the center. To top it all off, his cap became red and gold.

"OCEAN SIREN VOICE!" Misty called, making her medallion open. It revealed a glowing sapphire that materialized into a blue earpiece microphone. It flew over by Misty's right ear and rested there, resing the mic by her lip. Next, Misty began to glow blue as she transformed-- her arms became covered in long, cerulean blue gloves. A sleeveless shirt with a short skirt attached appeared around her body. It was mostly white with streaks of different shades of blue running through it. Long, blue, high-heeled boots covered most of her legs. A silver tiara engraved with the a sapphire atop her head completed the transformation.

"TERRA SIREN VOICE!" Brock called, making his medallion open. It revealed a glowing emerald that materialized into a green earpiece microphone, which flew over to Brock and rested by his ear, allowing the mic to rest at his lip. Then, a green light engulfed Brock. He lifted his hands high as his shirt turned silver. Next, his vest turned green and lengthened into a green jacket decorated with gold and silver swirls. His legs received a similar treatment as deep green pants laced with gold trim snaked down his legs, culminating in golden shoes appearing on his feet. Finally, a leaf-shaped crystal flew up and settled inside the center of a silver bowtie, completing the look.

"Come on!" Ash lead his comrades back into the crowd, where the staff was getting battered by Psywave attacks. They gasped as Ash and the others stepped onstage, making a rock beat begin over the speakers...

Music is Magic!
    Nothin can compare!
    Everybody starts to rock
    When music's in the air!

Music is Magic!
    Music makes you whole...
    (Music is Magic!)
    It wraps itself around you,
    Filling up your soul!

Music is Magic!
    Cuts through sadness like a knife!
    Wondrous and mystical,

(Music is Magic)
    Somethin' of a miracle!
    (Sweet, sweet Magic)
    Music is the sweet, sweet sound of love!

(Music is Magic!)
    Music sets you free!
    (Music is Magic!)
    It lets you see the world the way it oughtta be!

Music is Magic!
    Cuts through sadness like a knife!
    Wondrous and mystical,

(Music is Magic)
    Somethin' of a miracle!
    (Sweet, sweet Magic)
    Music is the sweet, sweet sound of love!

(Music is Magic!)
    Music sets you free!
    (Music is Magic!)
    It lets you see the world the way it oughtta be!

(Music is Magic!)
    Music makes you fly!
    (Music is Magic!)
    It finds you when you're low
    And lifts you to the sky!

(Music is Magic!)
    (Music is Magic!)

The crowd roared with applause as the three Sirens took a bow, but the celebration was cut short as the Shadow Kadabra lifted Yuni onto the stage and bound her in Psywave chains!

"Sirens! Help me!" Yuni screeched as the chains bound her ever tighter.

Brock thought for a moment, then had an idea: Maybe if I sang Yuni's trademark song... He motioned to Misty. "Hey Misty...let's give Yuni some strength by singing her trademark song."

"Good idea..." Misty smiled, then sang Fallin' in love... The Kadabra looked in the direction of the voice and techno beat, interested, as Misty sang again: Fallin' in love... The music picked up as Brock appeared on the giant dancing pad, dancing to the beat as he sang:
    I need your love in every way...
    And I feel this everyday....
    Cause I have too many tears
    To fall in love again!

Now, I am walking around
    In this side of the town, I just can't hide away!
    When I feel like to die, I have to run away!

Darirari rariram
    Daririram dam
    Darirari rariram
    Daririram dam

And fall in love again
    And fall in love again...

Fallin' in love... Misty sang again. Yuni weakly smiled as she felt her chains begin to weaken. The Kadabra also started to flicker...

Life, can be hard so many times....
    How can I just live it fine?
    And I'm trying now to smile,
    To fall in love again...

Now, I am walking around
    In this side of the town, I just can't hide away!
    When I feel like to die, I have to run away!

Darirari rariram
    Daririram dam
    Darirari rariram
    Daririram dam

And fall in love again

Fallin' in love... Misty sang.

Darirari rariram
    Daririram dam
    Brock continued.
    Darirari rariram
    Daririram dam

And fall in love again

Fallin' in love... Misty sang one last time, causing Yuni to fall to the ground and the now purified Kadabra to fly away, to the roar of the crowd. The Sirens bowed again, flattered by the applause.

"Thank you, Terra Siren...you saved my life!" Yuni smiled as she gave Brock a hug.

Unbeknownst to her, Brock and Terra Siren are the same person... Brock smiled as he and Yuni embraced.

Later...

"Well done, gang..." Sendachi smiled as Yuini stepped aboard the platform. "Thanks to you, Yuni and the other Dancing Stars can dance safely again!"

"For the Sirens!" Yuni called to the crowd as she began hopping to the beat of the song. The crowd roared with approval...

To Be Continued...

Last edited:
    Years
    And I wondered how a musical-theme would work with Pok?mon...

This story makes that a good thing!

I'm not suprised by your imagination, EmeraldSky; all of your fanfics, including this one, are very unique in my eyes!

Nearly everything in this fanfic is facinating. I did notice however that you did use Brock's I'm your little Beautifly back in Pok?mon Rescue Force. Though it's a repeat, it still worked out.

And in the very beginning... Research Papers in middle school?! I didn't hear of those until high school! Boy, Ash must be in one of those really tough ones...

EmeraldSky

Years
    This story is very loosely based on an anime with a lot of singing in it....

I have a color code for who's singing:

This is Ash singing
    This is Misty singing
    This is Brock singing
    This is Ash and Misty singing together
    This is Misty and Brock singing together
    This is Ash and Brock singing together
    This is all three singing together

EmeraldSky

Years

With three days of Shadow Pokemon attacks under their belts, the three Sirens decide to relax one Saturday...but their Saturday isn't so lazy as they had planned.

The threesome decide to cheer on their friend Yuni; as she defends her title of Dancing Star Champion...but when a Shadow Kadabra crashes the competition, the three Sirens are the ones that end up dancing!

But, the force behind these Shadow Pokemon has other plans for our heroes...

Episode 5: Too Close for Comfort

In Deoxys' lair...

Deep within a dark cave not too far from Indigo Plateau, a strange Pokemon hovered deep in thought. I've sent out four Shadow Pokemon so far... it thought as it tapped a double helixed tendril against the wall. Each time, it has been purified...but by what? Suddenly, the Pokemon's small black eyes brightened...it had an idea. It hovered over to an odd console and pressed a button with a tendril. "Admin Lovrina, report...

At this, a young girl with long pink hair clad in the gray Cipher uniform appeared. "What is your command, Deoxys?" she asked the DNA Pokemon that had called her. "It will be done." The Delcatty standing by the girl's side meowed in approval.

"Lovrina, I am troubled..." Deoxys began. "I have summoned Shadow Pokemon into Kanto...and the four I have sent so far have been mysteriously purified. Do you have an idea as to how this can happen?"

"To be honest, my lord...I don't know." Lovrina stammered, fearful that the omnious DNA creature before her would shift into Attack mode and skewer her and her Delcatty. Much to her relief, it did not...it appeared to be puzzled.

"You're sure you do not know?" Deoxys asked. "Not even one piece of information?"

"No, my lord." Lovrina sighed, knowing that a shift into Attack mode was probably coming next. Deoxys' mood was highly sensitive, and the slightest slip could send him flying off the handle.

"Hmm... Deoxys thought for a moment. "If that is the case...then you will go search for information about this mysterious light force that is purifying my shadows...can you do this?"

"Yes! Yes!" Lovrina smiled. "Give me a Shadow--I'll tell it to go find the source for you!"

"Very well, then..." Deoxys reached for a purple crystal and dropped it into Lovrina's hand. "If you see this Shadow purified...tell me how it was done."

"Yes, sir!" Lovrina replied, then departed the cave...

At the Ketchum house...

"Great, we're out of milk!" Ash complained as he trudged back to the breakfast table, appalled at the fact he had to have dry cereal for breakfast.

"Calm down, Ash..." Misty started as Ash bit into a spoonful of dry cereal nuggets

"If you're so anxious about milk in your cereal, then let's go to the store and get some!" Brock suggested as he reached for a piece of paper and a pen. "And while we're there, we can go get some other things too!"

"Just be aware..." Sendachi cautioned, "That there have been reports of strange activity at the supermarket--so be on the lookout for Shadow Pokemon activity." Ash nodded as he ran a comb through his hair, then followed Brock out the door.

"Why would a Shadow Pokemon attack the supermarket?" Misty asked.

"Beats me..." Sendachi replied as the group walked off towards the supermarket.

At the supermarket...

For a while, the group's trip to the store was relatively uneventful...but as Ash rounded the corner to start down the cereal aisle, he thought he saw a flash of purple out of the corner of his eye. Huh? He glanced down the aisle again, but he didn't see anything.

"What's the matter?" Misty was curious.

"I swore I saw a shadow Pokemon..." Ash started as he glanced around the corner, only to spot a Shadow Ledian scarfing down box after box of cereal! "There it is!"

"You know the drill, Sirens!" Sendachi called.

"OCEAN SIREN VOICE!" Misty called, making her medallion open. It revealed a glowing sapphire that materialized into a blue earpiece microphone. It flew over by Misty's right ear and rested there, resing the mic by her lip. Next, Misty began to glow blue as she transformed-- her arms became covered in long, cerulean blue gloves. A sleeveless shirt with a short skirt attached appeared around her body. It was mostly white with streaks of different shades of blue running through it. Long, blue, high-heeled boots covered most of her legs. A silver tiara engraved with a sapphire atop her head completed the transformation.

Brock calmly walked up to the Shadow Ledian and examined it as it discarded another cereal box. "You'd think this guy would learn some table manners..." he noted, apalled by the mess of cereal nuggets and boxes scattered all over the floor. At this, the Ledian looked at Brock and growled.

"Nice going, Terra Siren!" Misty yelped as the Shadow Leadian began chasing the trio.

We're livin' really close to the edge, babe...
    Almost right on the brink!
    Ash sang as the trio jumped over stray boxes.
    Judgement day is only moments away!
    Baby, you know what I think?

We're gettin' too close, too close
    We're livin' in a danger zone, oh, whoa!
    Misty and Brock joined in as they led Ash into the produce.

Too close for our own good!
    We're keepin' an impossible pace, babe
    Always under the gun!
    Day and night, there ain't no end in sight
    This ain't no life on the run!
    Ash continued as the trio wound around the different aisles and ducked into a freezer in an attempt to lose the Shadow Ledian--but the trio lasted for about 30 seconds!

We're livin' in a danger zone, oh, whoa!

(Livin' too close to the edge)
    Too Close for our own good!

Keepin' an impossible pace, babe
    Ash continued as he led Misty and Brock into the candy aisle.
    Always under the gun!
    Day and night, there ain't no end in sight
    This ain't no life on the run!

We're livin' in a danger zone, oh, whoa

We're livin' in a danger zone, oh, whoa

(We're gettin' too close to the edge, babe!)

Finally, the trio found themselves cornered by the meat case and a stage advertising fruit snacks--and the Shadow Ledian was not very far behind!

"AUGH!" Misty screeched as the Shadow Ledian unleashed a horrible screech, causing Ash to also cover his ears!

Brock, however, seemed unaffected by the screech. He calmly snapped, summoning a beautiful yellow brown acoustic guitar. After tuning up, he began a light intro, over which he sang Close your eyes tonight and wish upon a shooting star! This was enough to break Misty and Ash free of the screech.

See it fly into a million points of light! Misty joined in.

Every promise, hope and prayer becomes a jeweled star! Ash sang along...

And I believe deep inside my heart that fate, will lead us on... the three Sirens sang to the panicked Ledian.

"Sing it, Terra Siren!" Sendachi smiled in encouragement. Brock nodded and continued to sing as he played:

I've broken free from a cold wave of doubt...
    Yet, I don't know why I'm crying...
    And so I turn, looking away from everyone...
    Silently, I vanish in the night air...
    I'm searching endlessly for something that I lost!
    My heart is aching painfully!
    And as the falling rain consumes me, soothes me...
    I will never stop singing this song for you!

If the morning sun should come again and shine once more,
    Ash led the chorus.

Oh, how I would want that sunny day eternally! Misty chimed in.

If we meet again, my joy, my love, my everything, Brock continued.

Would become like jewels, and everyone would know...of a miracle... the trio sang again, growing mindful of the crowd watching their performance.

The Ledian started to flicker as Brock started the second verse:

My heart is open, let my dreams come forth...
    Please, don't let anything surprise you...
    I can't stop now, for I have come so far today,
    And I must...remain pure, strong, and faithful...
    The item that I lost will remain in my sight!
    And may the world forever turn...

Close your eyes tonight and wish upon a shooting star!

See it fly into a million points of light!

Every promise, hope and prayer becomes a jeweled star!

And I believe deep inside my heart that fate, will lead us on...

The now purified Ledian flew away as Brock launched into a quick guitar solo, wowing the crowd as he played.

The item that I lost will remain in my sight!
    And may the world forever turn...

If the morning sun should come again and shine once more,

Oh, how I would want that sunny day eternally!

If we meet again, my joy, my love, my everything,

Would become like jewels, and everyone would know...of a miracle...

The crowd cheered again as Brock launched into another rousing solo, prompting Ash and Misty to dance to the beat.

Outside, Lovrina listened to the music coming from the supermarket. I can't believe it--the three Sirens--alive?

To Be Continued...

EmeraldSky

Years

Deep within the confines of an underground lair, the evil Deoxys charges Lovrina, a Cipher admin, to see what is purifying the Shadow Pokemon, and if she sees one purified, explain how it was done.

Lovrina sends out a Shadow Ledian, and it thinks that the purification is being caused by food...so when it attacks supermarkets, the Sirens come to the rescue!

How will Lovrina explain to Deoxys that the Sirens that sealed him away long ago are alive? Find out!

Episode 6: Cerulean Idol

In Deoxys' lair...

"Ah, Lovrina...you've returned..." Deoxys started as Lovrina materialized in the cave. "What did you discover about the light force?"

"Well, I sent the Shadow Ledian out to find the light force..." Lovrina explained, "and it felt that the light force was coming from food...so it went to destroy supermarkets and eat all the food inside!"

"The light force--from food?" Deoxys laughed. "What made it think of that sort of thing?"

"All I did was tell it that food gave humans energy...and off it went." Lovrina stammered. "As I watched it attack, I heard singing..."

"Singing?" Deoxys gasped.

"I couldn't hear too much of it...something about shooting stars and a million points of light and sunny days." Lovrina explained. "I did see the singers--a black haired boy, a red haired girl, and an older boy with brown hair and tan skin...the older boy played a guitar as he sang."

"Hmm..." Deoxys mused. "Enlighten me as to what this 'guitar' thing is, please..."

"Okay!" Lovrina replied. "It's a musical device with strings--and you pluck them to make sound, like this!" With that, Lovrina summoned an electric guitar and gave the strings a mighty strum, making the cave walls rattle. She then proceeded to play a very flat and off key rock beat.

"ENOUGH!!!" Deoxys boomed as he shifted into Defense mode, making his tendrilous body grow thicker. "Stop this infernal noise!"

Hail, Deoxys! I LOVE Deoxys! Lovrina sang as she skipped around the room strumming on her guitar, completely ignoring Deoxys.

Deoxys quickly shifted to Attack mode, granting his tendrils enough length and strength to pick Lovrina up. "Didn't I say to stop?"

"Yes..." Lovrina gulped as Deoxy set her on the floor again.

"Now...if you can get these three humans to appear again...that would be very appriciated." Deoxys explained as Lovrina departed.

At Pallet Theater...

"Thank you so much for coming to support me in the talent show, you guys!" Misty smiled as Ash, Brock, and Sendachi moved some of Misty's props and costumes backstage. "I know everyone's going to love my singing!"

"We hope so too...and thank you for letting us be your stage managers." Ash replied as he set a box aside. No sooner had he done so, did he see a flash of purple climbing up a wire....but he shook off his gut feeling and continued unloading boxes.

Sendachi noticed Ash's concern. "What's the matter, champ?"

"Well...I just have this bad feeling a Shadow Pokemon's here..." Ash stammered. "I don't know if one's here or not..."

'If you want me to check it out, I will." Sendachi replied. "Just trust your gut feeling..."

"Sh, the show's starting!" Brock interrupted as he watched the emcee come out on the stage and welcome everyone. Once he had finished, the first act; a comedian, appeared in a spotlight.

"Misty's on third, so we've gotta hurry!" Ash called as he offered a costume to Misty...

Later...

"And now, for our next act..." the emcee began as the second act finished cleaning up. Misty watched from the wings, nervously awaiting her turn and breathing deeply to rid herself of the Beautiflies in her stomach.

"Nervous?" Sendachi asked.

"A little.." Misty replied. Suddenly, she was cut off by a scream from onstage! She glanced onstage and gasped as a purple Ariados bound the emcee up in a cobweb, much to the horror of the audience.

"Of all the times for a Shadow to crash the show..." Brock grumbled as Sendachi led the way to a dressing room.

"I know it's inconveinient, but we can't let a Shadow just wreak havoc on the show like this!" Sendachi explained. "Besides, that Ariados spoiled your big debut, Misty!"

"True...it's time for a little payback!" Misty smiled as she readied her medallion. "It's showtime!"

"OCEAN SIREN VOICE!" Misty called, making her medallion open. It revealed a glowing sapphire that materialized into a blue earpiece microphone. It flew over by Misty's right ear and rested there, resing the mic by her lip. Next, Misty began to glow blue as she transformed-- her arms became covered in long, cerulean blue gloves. A sleeveless shirt with a short skirt attached appeared around her body. It was mostly white with streaks of different shades of blue running through it. Long, blue, high-heeled boots covered most of her legs. A silver tiara engraved with a sapphire atop her head completed the transformation.

"Come on!" Sendachi led the way onstage...

Onstage...

Misty was the first to arrive onstage, just in time to see her opponent! But before she could scream in terror, she heard a snap--Brock had summoned his guitar and started to tune up.

Ash was puzzled by how Brock had obtained an instrument. "Hey, how come I don't get an instrument?" he complained.

'Well, if you'd like one, just think of an instrument you'd like and snap." Sendachi explained. "Simple." He watched as Ash snapped--and ended up struggling with a tuba!

Misty winced. "Are we trying to sound like the sewage duct?" Ash sheepishly blushed and snapped again--this time creating a drum set.

"I send you have to think of your desired instrument first..." Sendachi sighed as Ash snapped through various instruments. "So pick one!" Ash snapped again, this time creating a digital piano. At the same time, his mic disappeared off his face and reappeared as a gold mic with a ruby in the center on a stand.

"Wow!" Ash made himself comfortable and played a slow chord. "Ready, Ocean Siren?"

"You got it!" Misty replied. She waited as the piano and guitar joined in with the music on her mic...

(Ooh, Ooh, mood I'm in!)
    (Ooh, Ooh, mood I'm in!)
    Ash and Brock started.
    I can be whoever I want to, Misty joined in.
    Anyone at all!
    I can strut, when I want to strut,
    Or hide behind a parasol!
    It all depends on the mood I'm wearin'
    It all depends on the mood I'm in
    (mood I'm in)
    I can be beautiful, or truly outrageous,
    It all depends on the mood I'm in!

(Ooh, Ooh, mood I'm in)
    (Ooh, Ooh, mood I'm in)

Off I go in search of adventure (Ooh, Ooh, mood I'm in),
    Anytime I choose! (Ooh, Ooh, mood I'm in),
    I wear heels, if that's how it feels (Ooh, Ooh, mood I'm in),
    Or else I wear my blue suede shoes!
    It all depends on the mood I'm wearin',
    (mood I'm in)
    I can be beautiful, or truly outrageous

(Ooh, Ooh, mood I'm in)

The Ariados began to flicker as Brock started a solo. Ash joined in soon after, bringing the crowd to its feet! Misty just decided to dance as the guitar and piano traded solos with each other...

It all depends on the mood I'm wearin',
    (mood I'm in)
    I can be beautiful, or truly outrageous

(Ooh, Ooh, mood I'm in)
    It all depends
    On the mood I'm in!
    all three Sirens sang. The now purified Ariados fled as the now freed emcee acknowledged her. Misty led the bows as the crowd roared...

To Be Continued...

EmeraldSky

Years

The school talent show is underway, and Misty's raring for her big debut. But a Shadow Ariados crashes the show, and in the true spirit of the old saying "the show must go on", the show does go on...with the Siren trio as the main attraction!

Today, though; the trio seeks to get away from it all by spending a few nights camping, being ever mindful the Deoxys and Lovrina are doing whatever they can to make sure their vacation is anything but.

What awaits our heroes? Find out!

Episode 7: Live and Roughin' It!

On Mt. Moon...

"Here we are, guys!" Brock smiled as he led Ash, Misty, Sendachi, and Pikachu up one of Mt. Moon's many trails up to a forested clearing. "This is Moonstone Grove, where it is said that the Clefairies here found the giant Moon Stone that's inside the mountain." he explained as he began pitching his tent.

"What would Clefairies want with a rock?" Sendachi mused. "I mean, a rock is a rock is a rock, right?"

"The Clefairies believe the Moon Stone is their life force." Ash explained. "They're very protective about the Moon Stones here...."

"I see..." Sendachi replied as Ash finished pitching his tent. "Say...I wanna tell you guys something...."

"Make it fast, I'm having trouble with my tent here..." Misty grumbled as she struggled with her tent. Before she could hammer the last stake in, all the stakes popped out! She sighed as she started hammering the stakes in again."

"I'm gonna use Ash as my lab Rattata..." Sendachi began. Ash nodded and followed Sendachi to a small hill overlooking the campsite. "Your medallions also have a quick transformation mode in case you guys need to transform in a hurry. Ash here's gonna show you how it's done." Sendachi continued before addressing Ash. "Now, Ash...open the medallion and touch the ruby." Ash nodded and touched the ruby, making it glow. At the same time, a bouncy melody began to play for a few moments, then ended.

"Interesting song..." Ash noted.

"You have to finish the transformation before that little jingle finishes, or you start over." Sendachi cautioned. "The transformation goes like this: clap twice, and your gloves will change. Tap the medallion on your feet, and your shoes change. Clap twice over your head, and you'll get your mic and armor, then tap your cap twice, and it'll change to finish. Got it?"

"I think so..." Ash stammered.

"Now try it." Sendachi commanded. Ash swallowed hard and touched his ruby again, triggering the short tune...

CLAP CLAP! Ash's usual green gloves turned gold with a ruby in the center.

CLAP CLAP! Ash's shoes transformed to match the gloves in a flash of fire.

CLAP CLAP! Ash's armor appeared over him in a flash of fire, which slipped comfortably onto him, giving him time to adjust his mic.

CLAP CLAP! Ash's cap turned red and gold as Ash struck a pose to finish.

"Bravo!" Brock led the applause.

"Why are you guys applauding? I haven't even sung yet!" Ash laughed as he snapped, making his costume disappear. He came down the hill and began tending to Pikachu.

"Ooh, I wanna try, let me try!" Misty begged as she finally finished pitching her tent.

"You wanna give it a go?" Sendachi was surprised. "All right, just open your medallion..."

Misty raced up the hill where Sendachi was standing, then opened her medallion and touched the sapphire....

CLAP CLAP! Misty's gloves appeared on her hands.

CLAP CLAP! Misty's boots appeared on her feet.

CLAP CLAP! Misty's armor appeared over her head, then slipped comfortably onto her, giving her time to adjust her mic.

CLAP CLAP! Misty's tiara appeared on her head to finish.

"Come on, Terra Siren, your turn to try." Sendachi coaxed as he nudged Brock up the hill. Brock watched Misty's costume disappear as he climbed the hill, but once he was facing his friends, he sighed, opened his medallion, and touched the emerald...

CLAP CLAP! Brock's pants turned a deep green with gold trim.

CLAP CLAP! Brock's shoes turned gold.

CLAP CLAP! Brock's shirt turned silver, and his mic appeared on his face.

CLAP CLAP! The rest of Brock's costume appeared over his head and slipped comfortably onto him.

Sendachi smiled. "You guys are fast learners, you know that?"

"Hey, look; a swimming hole!" Ash called, pointing out a lake in the distance.

"YAAAAAAAYYYY!!!!" everyone cheered as they charged down to the lake, completely ignoring Sendachi.

In Deoxys' lair...

"Look here, my lord..." Lovrina explained to Deoxys as she watched the image of the gang swimming inside her crystal ball. "These are the ones I think are the new Sirens."

"I see..." Deoxys replied. "They're alone, where no one can help them if a Shadow were to appear..."

"Ooh, I have a better idea..." Lovrina suggested. "Why don't we attack when they're asleep? They'll never know what hit them!"

"An excellent proposition." Deoxys smiled. "and since they're out in the woods...I have the perfect Shadow for the job...."

At the campsite...

"Mmm...these hot dogs are delicious!" Ash commented as he nibbled on his umpteenth hot dog of the night. After a eventful day of swimming, fishing, hiking and other adventures, the threesome were now having dinner around the campfire, and judging from how quickly the hamburgers and hot dogs were disappearing, it was a hearty meal.

"My compliments to the chef." Misty smiled as she set her plate aside.

"Now, the moment you've all been waiting for!" Brock announced, only pausing to summon his guitar. "Let's all sing...I do take requests." he continued as he tuned up.

"Oh, sing the one about Terra's Ponyta!" Ash begged. Brock nodded and began a slow and quiet melody...

Epona, Epona, come out here by me...
    As long as I see you out here, I never shed lonely tears.

Tell me now, Epona, since you're here with me...
    We shall rest here together, and our dreams will grow!

However, as wind blows and rain becomes like snow...
    As the fire of dawn comes again...
    The moon, it is setting now, rising is the sun...
    Along with its bright light, you return...

Epona, Epona, come out here by me...
    As long as I see you out here, I will never shed a tear.

Tell me now, Epona, since you're here with me...
    Listen, please, for I will sing, the song of this time!

Ash quickly snapped, summoning a fiddle. He added a soft harmony to Brock's guitar as Brock sang again:

Hmm...Hmm...

However, as wind blows and rain becomes like snow,
    As the time, keeps on, passing by...
    Even when I pass on, my voice will sing for you,
    The song of this time!

Hmm...Hmm...
    As long as I see you out here, I will never shed a tear!

Hmm...Hmm...
    I will always remember, the song of this time!
    The song of, this time!

"Pika!" Pikachu cried as he applauded. Misty whistled as the boys took a bow.

"Very nice!" Sendachi commented. "Now let's hear a scary story!"

"Okay!" and Brock started a relaxing melody as he began a story: "Once upon a time, in a town not far from here..."

Later...

"...People say that Keiko's spirit haunts this place, forever searching for her lover...but never finding him." Brock concluded, then set his guitar aside. "Well, bedtime..."

"I can't wait to go hiking tomorrow!" Ash started as he crawled in his tent. Before he could get comfortable, he saw a lumbering purple shape off in the woods. "What's that?"

"Not sure..." Sendachi replied. "It's hard to tell if it's a Shadow Pokemon or not, but I'll keep an eye on it. You just go on and sleep for now...

"Okay..." Ash yawned as he climbed inside his sleeping bag. "Night, guys..."

At 3:00 AM...

"Ash!" Sendachi barked as he scratched against the tent, all the while frantically studying the hulking purple Ursaring digging through the gang's trash. "Wake up!"

"What's the matter?" Ash asked as he unzipped his tent's entrance and let Sendachi inside.

"Shadow Pokemon!" That was as far as Senachi needed to go before Misty and Brock were awakened...the three Sirens raced from their tents and fled to a bush, not wanting to risk being eaten by a Shadow Ursaring.

"It's three AM, and I'm in no mood for the whole nine yards..." Misty yawned. "Let's make this quick." With that, she touched the sapphire in her medallion, Ash touched his ruby, and Brock his emerald.

CLAP CLAP! Ash's armor appeared over him in a flash of fire, which slipped comfortably onto him, giving him time to adjust his mic.

CLAP CLAP! Misty's armor appeared over her head, then slipped comfortably onto her, giving her time to adjust her mic.

CLAP CLAP! The rest of Brock's costume appeared over his head and slipped comfortably onto him.

"Come on!" Brock led the way back to the campsite and triggered a pop beat from his mic, getting the Ursaring's attention.

How I want you, I can't see you
    This feeling here, feels so lonely...
    Ash started the song.
    I can't tell you, but I want to
    My chance, always keeps passing me by!

But still, but still,
    My wings are spread, and I will fly right to you!
    In the sky, marathon,
    Dreams are in unison with yours!

Now I'll catch you, catch you,
    Catch me, catch me, wait up!
    Misty and Brock joined in.
    Look this way and tell me that you love me!

So, nice to meet you,
    Good to see you, I'm sure!

My feelings for you, let's take them to the stars
    And they're flying, flying, flying, to you!
    I, will, not, give, up!

Brock called his guitar over to him and joined in as Misty led the next verse:

Every day now, I am tired,
    I'm recharging my batteries
    However, with your smile,
    I'm up and at full power, I'm ready to go!

Oh please, oh please,
    I met you first, you are my first best friend!
    I will smile, look at you, be with you, and have fun!

Catch me, catch me, of course!

Just us two, we're here forever.

So, nice to meet you,

I will not give in to anything at all!
    I am number, number, number, the one!
    I, am, so, in, love!

Brock broke off to solo, paralyzing the Ursaring. It tried to fight the song, but could not as it began to flicker...

Catch me, catch me, wait up!
    Brock sang, making the Ursaring howl in pain.
    Look this way and tell me that you love me! Ash chimed in.

So, nice to meet you,
    the trio sang again.

My feelings for you, let's take them to the stars
    And they're flying, flying, flying, to you!
    I, will, not, give, up!

Catch me, catch me, of course!

Just us two, we're here forever.

So, nice to meet you,

I will not give in to anything at all!
    I am number, number, number, number, the one!

I, am, so, in, love!
    With that, the now purified Ursaring lumbered away, knowing it didn't stand a chance against three voices.

Sendachi watched as the Ursaring disappeared into the woods. "Nice work...now let's go back to sleep!" Everyone laughed in agreement as they returned to their tents...

To Be Continued....

EmeraldSky

Years
    Last time, on "Pokemon: A Siren's Voice....

When the Sirens embark on a camping trip, what starts as an adventure brimming full of hiking, biking, swimming, scary stories and campfire songs turns into a nightmare when a Shadow Ursaring ambushes the camp!

However, Deoxys isn't quite ready to show any mercy to the Sirens yet...he has even more traps, challenges, and Shadow Pokemon in store for them!

Will the Sirens survive Deoxys' challenge? Find out!

Episode 8: The Treasure of the Regi's Temple

In Deoxys' lair...

Deoxys watched the image of the three Sirens waking up and fixing breakfast. "So they survived an attack...they're more resourceful than I thought." he mused. "Sending Shadow Pokemon after them isn't going to be enough..." He waved the image of the Sirens away, then conjured up another image: of ancient ruins nearby Moonstone Grove. "Maybe if I lured them into the ruins...surely they would perish trying to get the treasure..."

"What's going on,.my lord?" Lovrina asked as she entered the cave.

"You are aware of the ruins that lie on Mt. Moon, namely the ones by Moonstone Grove?" Deoxys asked.

"Oh yes!" Lovrina replied. "They say it's filled with gold, jewels, and other treasures! Many explorers have gone in, but none have come out...yet!"

"Rather than wasting one of my Shadows, I was thinking about getting in touch with the ruin's guardian, Regirock; and requesting if he could lure the Sirens into the ruins...they probably won't survive the traps and challenges inside!" Deoxys explained.

"Perfect! No one can resist the lure of treasure!" Lovrina smiled as she petted her Delcatty.

"Deoxys to Guardian Regirock..." Deoxys commanded, making the image of a human-shaped rock appear in the room.

"Guardian Regirock, awaiting orders." Regirock replied.

"There are three humans camped by your abode...and I believe they are the three Sirens that sealed me away before." Deoxys began, before conjuring a second image of the Sirens walking. "They are currently headed that way...perhaps you could lure them into the ruins?"

"Of course, my lord!" Regirock replied. "I've protected the treasure inside for a thousand years...and they're not going to get away with it!"

"They'll probably perish in the traps you've set!" Deoxys added. Both Pokemon laughed with delight.

Meanwhile...

"This is it, guys, the Lapis River...beyond that lies the Temple of Rukario, which is said to contain many fabulous treasures." Brock explained as the gang rounded a corner in the hiking trail to approach a rushing river.

Misty was psyched at the mention of treasure. "I can just picture it: rings on my fingers..." she mused as she relaxed by a tree.

"Gold and jewels beyond our wildest dreams..." Ash agreed as he laid his hiking staff against the tree and sprawled into the grass.

"But to get there, you have to brave the traps of the temple!" an omnious voice proclaimed. The three Sirens watched, awed, as a rock-like creature appeared before them!

"Who are you?" Misty demanded. "What do you want?"

"I am Regirock, the guardian of Rukario's Temple." Regirock replied. "I have heard your dreams about finding the temple's treasure, Sirens...is that your greatest desire?"

"Yes!" all three Sirens replied without giving any second thoughts.

"Wait!" Sendachi interrupted. "It could be a trap!"

"Are you sure?" Regirock asked.

"Oh come on, we could use a little adventure, Sendachi!" Brock smiled before answering Regirock. "Yes. We seek Rukario's treasure."

"Very well then...it will be a long and hazardous journey, but I feel you three are worthy enough to enter and claim the treasure...Rukario charged me that only those that braved all the temple's dangers and survived would receive his treasure. But to start, you first need to cross the river." At this Regirock snapped, making several small islands rise out of the water.

"Oh, this is easy!" Misty chuckled. "We just step across the islands to the other side!" She was about to start across, but a force field prevented her from stepping onto the first island." "What the--"

"Ah, but crossing is not that simple!" Regirock interrupted. "Do you have any wooden boards with you, by any chance?"

"We sure do, oh mighty guardian!" Ash laughed as he unzipped his bag, grabbed three boards of wood, and gave one to each of his friends, keeping the third for himself. Once everyone had a board, the Sirens lined up on the bank facing two of the islands Regirock had made.

"We await your instructions..." Brock called to Regirock from his position on the bank.

"On my signal, place your board between the bank and the first island, then walk across." Regirock began. "Then do the same for the rest of the way across. If you fall at any time in your crossing, go back to the bank and start over. When you do make it across, run over and ring the bell that bears the symbol of your medallion." He gestured to three bells on the other side; one with a red flame, one with a blue water drop, and one with a green leaf. "When I hear all three of you ring, I will guide you closer to the temple. Understood?"

"You bet!" Ash replied.

"I gotcha!" Misty agreed.

"No questions here." Brock agreed.

"All right..." Regirock replied. "Ready...set...GO!"

Ash was first to start across, being extra careful to keep his balance as he crawled across the board. The boards weren't very large to begin with, so Ash had to resist the feeling he was going to fall. Misty was not too far behind him as she stepped across to her first island. Brock was carefully stepping across, in a manner similar to Misty's. "Maybe I ought to try that..." Ash though as he set his plank down on the first island in preparation to cross over to the second. But he was jarred from his thoughts by a bell ringing--Misty had made it across! This spurred him to nearly sprint across his board, passing Brock on the way over to the bank. The boys rang at almost the same time, but all three collapsed to the ground before their respective bells, exhausted.

"Why couldn't we have just walked?" Misty gasped as she wiped the sweat from her brow.

"Regirock's the Guardian, he makes the rules, okay?" Sendachi replied as he shook himself dry, getting the group even more wet!

"Some rules these are..." Brock complained, but gasped as Regirock appeared before them again!

"Were you complaining about my rules?" Regirock snapped.

"Nice going, Brock..." Ash thought. "Uh no, we were just...discussing how great the rules are!" Thankfully, Regirock bought his little lie.

"All right...when you are ready, please follow me into the forest. " Regirock started....

"What do you think, Sendachi?" Ash asked. "Do we follow?"

"If you really want the treasure, then go." Sendachi replied. "We can't turn back now....but transform, just in case."

"Make it fast if you need to prepare." Regirock cautioned.

"All right, one quickie transformation..." Ash smiled as he opened his medallion. The other Sirens touched the jewels in their medallions as well....

"All right, come with me..." and Regirock disappeared into the forest. The Sirens were not far behind.

Later...

"Wow..." The Sirens gasped as they arrived at the temple ruins. They were standing on top of a stairway decorated in Mew characters that led down into a central courtyard. The courtyard was wide and spacious, enough to fill at least three football fields. Beyond the courtyard was the temple itself, with its gate still intact.

"It's like we're entering an ancient Greek temple..." Ash gasped.

"Now Sirens...you're standing on the top of the Stairway to Knowledge." Regirock began. Your physical strength alone won't get you through Rukario's temple...the Stairway to Knowledge will measure your mental strength...knowing the legends of the world will guide you closer to the treasure you seek."

"Okay..." Brock motioned for Regirock to continue.

"Listen close as I tell you one such legend...the legend of the unknown Grass type Beast, Midori." Regirock began. "She slightly resembled Suicune in body shape. She had dark green fur with light green spots all over. Carrying strong vines on her back, she could strangle foes with them, among other things. If frightened, she would secrete a deadly toxin from her fur. Her ways of attacking were with the poison, the vines, or the spiked club at the end of her tail. She was a timid but gentle Beast. Unfortunately, Ho'oh sealed her away by accident. Ho'oh wanted to seal away the Beast of Darkness, Akuji, but in doing so, she also sealed away Zoltin, Beast of Light, and Midori.

Many years later, when the Beast Riders were told that Midori too had a rider, Ho'oh commanded them to go to Kadessa, where Midori was sealed. Upon release, Midori met her rider, a girl named Shalin.

"Shalin had no experience in the way of the Beast Rider, so Midori took her to her home world. After convincing the other Beasts there that humans were not as bad as they seemed, Midori trained Shalin to ride, and gave her a weapon, the Rose Whip, as proof of her ridership. With Midori by her side, Shalin and the other riders went on to save the world."

"Great story..." Misty commented as she started down the stairs.

"Not so fast, Ocean Siren!" Regirock boomed. "You must show me what you've learned from the legend before you can pass into the courtyard."

"Why didn't he TELL me there'd be a test at the end?" Brock muttered under his breath as he waited for Regirock to continue.

"I will ask a question pertaining to the legend I just told you...if you know the answer, stomp on the Mew symbol before you. If you are correct, you may move down a step, if you're wrong, I'll let the other two have a chance to answer. When all three of you reach the bottom, we will move on."

"Okay..." Ash replied. Misty and Brock nodded in agreement.

"All right, we will begin...which of the three known Beasts did Midori most resemble?" Regirock asked.

Ash quickly stomped on the character, making his step glow red. "Suicune." he replied.

"That is right." Regirock smiled as Ash proudly stepped down to the next step. "Who did Ho'oh want to seal away when she accidentally sealed Midori?"
    Misty was next to buzz in, making her step glow blue. "The Beast of Darkness."

"That is right." Misty smiled as she too stepped down.

"Where was Midori sealed--" Regirock started, but was cut off by a step glowing green--Brock had buzzed in!

"Kadessa." Brock replied.

"That is right." Brock rejoined his fellow Sirens on the third step.

"Good match going here..." Regirock smiled."What was the name of the girl chosen to ride Midori?"

Ash and Brock both stomped down, but Brock got in first. "Her name was Shalin." he replied.

"Figured Brock would get that one..." Ash sighed as Brock stepped down.

"What was Zoltin the Beast of?" Regirock asked.

Ash quickly stomped down. "Light." he replied.

"That is right." Now only Misty remained on the third step. Regirock waited a moment as Ash stepped down, then continued. "Where did Midori take Shalin for training?"

Ash stomped down again. "Her home world." he replied, smiling confidently.

"The Fire Siren has reached the bottom!" Regirock announced, making the bottom step Ash was standing on glow red. "Now...What did Midori convince her fellow Beasts of?"

Brock stomped down. "That humans...uh..." he stammered, trying to think of the answer.

Misty took advantage of Brock's uncertainty to buzz in! "That humans weren't so bad."

"That is right, Ocean Siren." Now the race was between Brock and Misty!

"What did Midori do when she was afraid?" Regirock asked.

Misty quickly stomped down. "She sprayed poison."

"You are right...Ocean Siren has reached the bottom." Misty's bottom step glowed blue as she stepped on it.

Brock swallowed hard as Regirock began. "The final question for you, Terra Siren...what weapon did Midori give Shalin when she completed her training?"

"The Rose Whip." Brock replied. As Brock stepped down, the threesome followed Regirock into the courtyard.

"Well done...we have one more trial before the temple itself." Regirock began. "This trial will choose who has the right to enter the temple...so why don't we play a little game?" he asked as he hovered into the courtyard's center.

"A game? What kind of game?" Ash asked.

"What are the rules?" Misty agreed.

"Observe..." and Regirock conjured up a large table with holes, which contained tags with various Mew characters, along with the characters Mi, do, and ri. Some signposts also appeared, which displayed a picture of Midori, but the name under the picture was missing. "When Shalin first saw the Beast of the earth, she did not know its name until Ho'oh revealed it to her. Like Shalin, you also have to learn the name of the Earth Beast!"

"Go on..." Misty asked.

"Crawl under the table and enter a hole, grabbing the character you find there. If it's the character Mi, bring it back to your signpost, then do the same for finding the characters do and ri. If the character you find is not one of those three characters, pick another hole and exchange it for another character. Whoever spells Midori first before sixty seconds is up will earn a Crest." Regirock paused to show the group small metal versions of their Siren signs.

"This shouldn't be too hard..." Brock smiled as he and his teammates got into position.

"Ready, set, GO!" Ash grabbed a Mi character right away, but Misty found a ra character first, but swapped for a Mi.. For some reason, Brock kept finding all the wrong characters: ra, shi, te...but not mi, do, or ri. To make matters worse, he had 30 seconds left; Ash's and Misty's signposts read "Mido--", and Misty was on the way back with a ri! He quickly grabbed a Mi and raced back, just in time to see Misty spell "Midori".

"All right...Ocean Siren has earned a Crest!" Regirock announced as he led the group to another part of the courtyard, where three slingshots were set up, one red, one blue, and one green. "Now then, you remember from the legend that Shalin and Midori saved the world with the other riders....likewise you're going to battle like they did, but on a much smaller scale." he explained.

"Uh huh..." Ash replied, toying with the red balls he was using as ammo.

"Before you are four Akuji riders..." Regirock explained, gesturing to four poles that looked like Akuji riders. "Use your slingshots to knock them all off the hill...whoever defeats all their riders first, wins a Crest."

"Sounds easy enough..." Brock replied as he reached for one of his green balls.

"Ready..set...GO!" Red, blue and green balls began flying, and one by one, the "riders" fell, Before long, Misty and Brock each had one "rider" left, while Ash struggled to knock down one of his remaining two. Misty fired another shot, but it sailed into the grass! Brock's next shot, however, made his final "rider" fall! He smiled as he accepted a Crest from Regirock.

"Mine wouldn't even fire half the time!" Ash complained as Regirock cleared the mess out of the way.

"It's all in the technique!" Brock smiled as he awaited Regirock's instructions.

"Our final game..." Regirock began, gesturing to three poles in the distance. Suddenly, the Sirens felt themselves glowing as they were lifted into the air. "When the Beast Riders returned, victorious, the people of Ecruteak built a tower in their honor. Like those builders, you too will build a tower. Catch the rings that are sent to you from below, and drop them onto the pole. Whoever has the most rings on their pole in sixty seconds earns the Crest."

"Okay..." Misty shakily replied, afraid she was going to fall.

"Ready...set...GO!" Misty and Brock were unprepared for the onslaught of rings, but Ash grabbed one just as he passed over the ring launcher, then whizzed back to the red pole and dropped it off, then flew back over the launcher and grabbed another. Misty noted Ash's strategy, and grabbed a ring from a launcher, all the while laughing at Brock frantically grabbing the air. However, she missed the pole...and noted Brock had finally gotten the hang of catching the rings.

Ash dropped his next ring, but quickly retrieved it and flew off to get another. By the time the clock expired, Ash's pole was fuller than the others!

"Oh my...we have a tie here..." Regirock noted. "In that case, which of you would like to brave the dangers of the temple?"

"I will!" Misty volunteered. At this, the temple gate lowered, allowing Misty access inside.

"You know, there may be real danger in there..." Brock noted as Regirock briefed Misty on the layout of the temple. "So..."

"What?" Ash was curious.

"When Regirock gives the word for Misty to go in...we sing to support her." Brock suggested. He waited as Misty prepared to run inside...

"Ready...set...GO!" With that, Misty raced into the temple...

Like a crystal gleaming bright, Ash started to sing.
    Like a prism bending light,
    She can turn the day into night!

She's got the power! he and Brock sang together.

She's got the power,
    Power! She's got the power!
    Power! Power! She's got the power!

Misty raced up a small stairway, and into a room filled with Gastly statues. She yanked the lever of the first one, which opened a door into a gorge with a vine at one end, and a pole on the other. After swinging across, and knocking the pole down, she climbed down into an old tomb, where many bones were scattered about the floor. After swatting away some Zubats, she found a skull hidden in the bones, and jammed it onto the one skeleton missing a head, granting her passage to the next room...

See the way the candles gleam, Brock sang this time.
    Feel the sun throw off its beam!
    She can turn life into a dream!

She's got the power!
    Ash joined in.

She's got the power,

Misty climbed into a room with wall paintings of Pokemon. She tried lining herself up with a Dewgong painting...nothing. Next, she tried the seated Golduck...still nothing. The kicking Hitmonlee painting didn't work either, so Misty decided to try the Golduck again....and it worked! Next, she stepped through the vines of a jungle...but a Shadow Arcanine lunged at her, surprising her! .

See the way the candles gleam, Brock sang again.
    Feel the sun throw off its beam!
    She can turn life into a dream!
    She's got the power!

She's got the power,

The boy's combined voices purified the Arcanine, allowing Misty to pass safely.She hurled herself at the wall, and climbed up another stairway leading into a room with three tablets....

She's got the power to create confusion!
    Her mastery is no illusion!

Ash's voice alone was enough for Misty to decipher the Mew on the tablets. Iradane na mizu! she called...triggering a door to open into a small shrine...

She's got the power,

She's got the power,

"Guys! I found it!" Misty called as Ash and Brock finished their song. The boys hurried as quickly as they could through the maze, until they came to a large room filled with treasure! Regirock returned to his post, irked that someone had made it to the treasure.

Ash gasped as a familiar wolf Pokemon appeared before him. "Rukario..."

"Welcome, Sir Ash..." Rukario replied. "I've waited so long for someone to come share all this treasure with me...Deoxys intended for you to die in here, and charged Regirock to test you...but you all have survived the dangers and made it here. For that, I must reward you. Take a bagful of the treasure here, but only one bag for each of you.

"YAHOO!!!" Ash grabbed a bag and dove into the sea of coins. "We're rich!" he triumphantly screamed as he, Sendachi, and his friends "swam" through the gold and jewels...

To Be Continued...

Back