• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen 5th Generation Roller Coaster Gym?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    I argue with numbers, but I would also like the game to be more of a challenge because Soul Silver that game was ridiciously easy. I beat the game in 2 days and I didn't even play it that much I want a game that is more of a challenge

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    I'm guessing you have to switch which rail the coaster goes on to make the coaster get to the leader...for example you get on the coaster and it goes then you choose left or right while you ride and they go to trainers and then after you battle them you continue the ride doing the same thing until you get the ride to stop at the exit where the leader is... and its def at the festival place...on the "Big Isshu Map" its #3...also prob either Electric for power (Unless the lighthouse is Electric like Johto) or Steel as in the Steel seats and everything...

Big Isshu Map:
    Spoiler:

Essence

Aura L♥VE
    Years
    I've always looked forwards to new games, simply because of gym puzzles. They are so fun, and I'll often restart games just for the puzzles :). I hope they don't stuff this gym (or any of the others, in fact) up, or I'll be sad.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    maybe it could be fire, since fire is light, and theme/amusement parks are covered in light ;)

You forget about the map? there is a smelting place at the top left of the map more likely of hosting a fire type gym...

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
    Well, we now know for sure B/W has gyms, but how many is the question, after all, the trailer had that one trainer (the rival possibly) say (Bulbapedia translated it cause I can't read Moonspeak): "I will surpass the champion", meaning clearly that the games will still follow the basic formula

But still, what type will this gym use (I bet it's psychic due to the purple colors, maybe it's the long awaited dark gym)

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    The rollarcoster = fun. It makes me think of that tiny theme park on the Isshu map. Im tempted to say that its a psychic gym, but really now, what psychic gym looks fun?

Im going to say its either a poision, normal, or dark type gym.

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2013
    Does this prove that the Theme Park thing on the map is a town. I would say Dark, Ghost or Fire type gym.

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2012
    I can't believe they are having a roller coaster gym. That's a nice touch if they have more gym's like that it would make b/w all the more better

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2024
    I can't believe they are having a roller coaster gym. That's a nice touch if they have more gym's like that it would make b/w all the more better

I don't know about more gyms, but if they made the game longer (even the main story, and even add length to the post-game [and give it some feel of an organized "story").

Storm_has_formed

"The Storm is here!!!"
    Years
    ooh, i hope theres lots of puzzles!! i love puzzles... i hate boring "just follow the path and youll get to the leader" gyms. like Jasmine's gym. BOR-RING!!!!! Falkner's is cool in the remakes tho. just because the platform is fun to ride up and down. *easily amused* but its no fun if the gyms dont have some sort of puzzle. trainers are lovely, too. trainers AND puzzles is the best. but i hate it if its just a path with a couple trainers. its like, "come on, seriously? too easy."
    *imagines you taking the lift up and down repeatedly* so, um...

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    Well I wouldn't be surprised if it was taken out of the European version out of fears of causing motion sickness. Stupid Censors.... Anyway, the gyms look very promising, this looks like another nice one i would be happy to walk through aimlessly over and over again.
    The honeycomb gym looks like fun as well, hopefully its a bit like the honeycomb maze from Takeshi's Castle! But it appears my eternal wish to see an ancient chinese style gym where you swing off Red Lanterns and push dragon-like pendulums into walls has been unfulfilled...

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Hmmm, well if it's for a psychic gym then I think that would be neat! ^^
    It is at the amusement park, and I'm guessing that the amusement park could be like gyms 4-6? Considering that the starting town is on the southeastern point of the eastern landform, and you have to get through that and Hiun & the desert behind it before getting to the amusement park.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    there's a girl with yellow hair standing alone on that platform, she's probably the leader. Her name will probably be Alexa or Lexi or something like that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back