• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Generation

cerulean15

♫Mysterious Melody♪
    Years
    Well if all this is true, though I'm positive of it, but my stepbrother does know a kid who got to help with whole The Rise of Darkrai, so if possible I could even ask him about it. The kid is sort of famous in his little place in Texas recieving letters from the president here and still letters from the creators for his help. Plus just last year when we had some student transfers from Japan there was one who told me a lot about the upcoming of Platinum before its huge release so they usually get more before they really want to let out to the world. Anyway, my assumption would be correct then. I mainly just looked back to the released of FR/LG and thought wow with HG/SS we're so going back to Johto just for some Battle Frontier..which I kind of think as lame, but I do miss Johto a lot so I couldn't say I won't watch it.

But seeing how it is, they will probably make it a very big deal with kids who weren't around during the time of Johto so they will be absolutely lost and of course they will have to have a season in Johto for those kids. Then I'm sure they'll continue on with the big deal of generation 5...fire starter, water starter, and grass starter...now all I need is a re-release of PokemonYellow and my wishes will be complete for the Pokemon World cause come on! There are still many missing links in the Pokemon world and generation 5 is just going to open up more..Think about Tauros, Seviper, Ditto(maybe not ditto...), Kangaskan (xD probably bad example), Heracross, and all those other Pokemon who don't have a pre-evolve form or evolve form. Don't we still want to know the answers to them too?

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Because he didn't know? Why should I know why he didn't know? Anyway, wasn't he removed from Storyboard Director before Diamond and Pearl anyway?

Yes, he was (Well, he was technically demoted from Director to Storyboard Artist [WPM's statements implied that he was the actual Director of the show, not merely the Storyboard director], but still). But the fact is, even a Storyboard Artist would have been able to know about it due to CoroCoro Magazine, Pokemon Sunday, and even the Shaymin Movie

My, my Weedle. An overrated list? Just because something is overrated doesn't mean it's not selling. The latest Top 10 Animé Properties list was released for Spring 2009 in June. It placed #8 on the list. Not bad for an overrated show right? If they release the Summer 2009 list then I'll post it as well. Outside of Ouran High School Host Club and Code Geass the rest are not a surprise. Okay, maybe Cowboy Bebop too.

For the record, the fact that it sank from Sixth Place to Eighth implies that it actually IS doing worse. Heck, Nickstr can explain it clearly to you. In order for it to actually be doing better, it has to rise to fourth or even second place on the list, not sink down further.

Someone even noted that the worst episode in terms of ratings to date is "Queen of the Serpentine", and going by how every saga starts with slightly higher ratings than before, and then begins to drop, well, it will only be a matter of time before "Queen of the Serpentine" is usurped in terms of lowest episode ratings (If it hasn't been already).

EDIT:

As for your comment for the Overrated list, "Overrated" implies that the show is getting far more credit than it ever deserved, so it even ranking in the Top 50, much less ranking #2 on the Top Ten list is a very bad thing that pretty much means that it really has low ratings (or at least is no different than having low ratings).

Last edited:

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    This weedle guy is a real drag, isn't he?

Did your friend ask Satoshi anything else, Wormow or was that it?

MiniEggs

Working On Something Spritey.
    Years
    I don't really know what to believe, as there is no proof, but the information given wasn't really so amazingly unpredictable. I always thought Nintendo liked to kind of keep secrets. :l

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    don't they all say that the next generation is going to be the best and we won't ever forget it?. But the only thing from the OP I do agree with is the battle frontier being in Johto for some odd reason

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I believe this, but only because it seems to be the obvious thing. I would've thought they would have the 14th movie based on, or at least including the 5th gen, otherwise that's 5 movies with no new Pokemon, assuming the 13th doesn't include any.

This weedle guy is a real drag, isn't he?

You're learning fast.

Inferno1

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    Pokemon is still making the people who make it a crap load of money so why would they stop something that is making them money its like mario they wont stop making them even though most of the games a pretty Crappie but it still, makes them money so they will just keep going

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Yes, he was (Well, he was technically demoted from Director to Storyboard Artist [WPM's statements implied that he was the actual Director of the show, not merely the Storyboard director], but still). But the fact is, even a Storyboard Artist would have been able to know about it due to CoroCoro Magazine, Pokemon Sunday, and even the Shaymin Movie

Well, he didn't so that's that.

For the record, the fact that it sank from Sixth Place to Eighth implies that it actually IS doing worse. Heck, Nickstr can explain it clearly to you. In order for it to actually be doing better, it has to rise to fourth or even second place on the list, not sink down further.

I don't get it Weedle-y. You claim that the animé is doing terrible in America but it was sixth in Fall 2008. Why? It was fourth in Spring 2008. Why? There's no reason why it was third in Fall 2007. Why? Why does Cartoon Network rerun the 10th movie and 11th movie? Why not get rid of the series like they did with Naruto? Cartoon Network doesn't get money from the series' profits like they do with the Bakugan franchise so there's no point in keeping it around, advertise its new episodes, rerun its episodes and movies, and such right? Why keep it around?

Anyway, explain to me what you're trying to get through people again. For fun.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Just a random question but is the 14th movie a true 5th generation movie as in its the first one for the generation or the first one to show it? And the frontier thing same thing for the game as well?

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Well, he didn't so that's that.

It still proves that they don't plan that far ahead into the future, games or otherwise.

I don't get it Weedle-y. You claim that the animé is doing terrible in America but it was sixth in Fall 2008. Why? It was fourth in Spring 2008. Why? There's no reason why it was third in Fall 2007. Why? Why does Cartoon Network rerun the 10th movie and 11th movie? Why not get rid of the series like they did with Naruto? Cartoon Network doesn't get money from the series' profits like they do with the Bakugan franchise so there's no point in keeping it around, advertise its new episodes, rerun its episodes and movies, and such right? Why keep it around?

Anyway, explain to me what you're trying to get through people again. For fun.

For the Cartoon Network reruns, just because a network reruns something doesn't necessarily mean that it's popular. Peachtree TV had reruns of "Still Standing", and yet, it was given a D- for "following the same fatty-has-family routine.". Also, Disney Channel had aired and reaired the "Super Mario Bros." Movie, and the last time I checked, that definitely never did well in the box-office (it was the quintessal "box office bomb".).

Anyways, Nickstr can explain the situation far better than I can. He's stated that DP and AG were doing far worse than before in terms of ratings, and even went as far as to cite the online ratings, so you may have to ask him.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Forget all thgis cartoon network... its not all in the usa you know! uk... jetix.... "disney XD" rating... i think this is on topic...? aw well.... on topic: its a bit of a duh this is real... it all seems the same... but i think the battle frontier is gonna show little bits of of pokemon from gen 5...

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    It still proves that they don't plan that far ahead into the future, games or otherwise.

No it doesn't. People of higher positions could plan ahead while people of lower positions could not know about it.

For the Cartoon Network reruns, just because a network reruns something doesn't necessarily mean that it's popular. Peachtree TV had reruns of "Still Standing", and yet, it was given a D- for "following the same fatty-has-family routine.". Also, Disney Channel had aired and reaired the "Super Mario Bros." Movie, and the last time I checked, that definitely never did well in the box-office (it was the quintessal "box office bomb".).

First of all, movies shouldn't be compared to episodes since they can't air as often. Secondly, Disney aired the movie when? 2 years ago was the last time, right?

Anyway the rating for Still Standing, was that a critic's rating or an actual number rating? If the former, then it doesn't matter because quality doesn't always transfer to ratings. Cartoon Network has always rerun shows with good ratings. What do they do to other shows that don't? They get cancelled like Chowder is going to be, they air once a week like League of Super Evil, they get screwed over intentionally by the network like Naruto, One Piece, and Transformers: Animated did.

Anyways, Nickstr can explain the situation far better than I can. He's stated that DP and AG were doing far worse than before in terms of ratings, and even went as far as to cite the online ratings, so you may have to ask him.

I know what ratings you're refering to. The same ratings you always refer to. It was a 5.5 yes?

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    No it doesn't. People of higher positions could plan ahead while people of lower positions could not know about it.

He USED to be a higher up, though, which is the point. Still, you have a point. Then again, even people of higher positions [or even the highest position] may not even know about certain things. For example, in the Movie Iron Man released last summer, Tony Blair (You know, Iron Man) was accused of authorizing the selling of the Jerico Missile platform to a Terrorist faction and aiming them at a village. However, not only did he not authorize it, he had no knowledge of this prior to then, thus leading him to accuse his second in command, Stein, if he did this.

First of all, movies shouldn't be compared to episodes since they can't air as often. Secondly, Disney aired the movie when? 2 years ago was the last time, right?

Maybe 2 years ago was the last time they aired it. I definitely know that they have aired it a few times. Heck, the first time I heard that they were airing the movie (much less first time I even heard about the movie) was when I was 11. And anyways, the point is, they aired it. They could have easily NOT aired it if they felt it would do poorly on TV, but they aired it anyways, despite full knowledge of the unavoidable risks.

Anyway the rating for Still Standing, was that a critic's rating or an actual number rating? If the former, then it doesn't matter because quality doesn't always transfer to ratings. Cartoon Network has always rerun shows with good ratings. What do they do to other shows that don't? They get cancelled like Chowder is going to be, they air once a week like League of Super Evil, they get screwed over intentionally by the network like Naruto, One Piece, and Transformers: Animated did.

I got it off of wikipedia, and they sourced it. I made the mistake of even citing it in the first place, so I'm asking Wikipedia to add in sources and intel about critical reception that isn't just one reviewer.

I know what ratings you're refering to. The same ratings you always refer to. It was a 5.5 yes?

Yes, and those were the Japanese ratings.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    He USED to be a higher up, though, which is the point. Still, you have a point. Then again, even people of higher positions [or even the highest position] may not even know about certain things. For example, in the Movie Iron Man released last summer, Tony Blair (You know, Iron Man) was accused of authorizing the selling of the Jerico Missile platform to a Terrorist faction and aiming them at a village. However, not only did he not authorize it, he had no knowledge of this prior to then, thus leading him to accuse his second in command, Stein, if he did this.

Tony Stark. His name is Tony Stark. Also, I don't know how similar the operation of a cartoon is to the operation of a military company so I don't know how to argue that part.

Anyway, the key is "was". Is there any indication that he didn't know about Emerald's inclusion into the animé? If not then you can't use him as a proper example since he was demoted.

Maybe 2 years ago was the last time they aired it. I definitely know that they have aired it a few times. Heck, the first time I heard that they were airing the movie (much less first time I even heard about the movie) was when I was 11. And anyways, the point is, they aired it. They could have easily NOT aired it if they felt it would do poorly on TV, but they aired it anyways, despite full knowledge of the unavoidable risks.

Exactly Weedle, if they felt that it would do poorly on TV. Disney Channel could've felt as though the movie would do well despite its reputation.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2016
    It's Tony Stark. (EDIT: Vernikova beat me to it)

I found it to be a decent movie. Being an all-time fan of the Super Mario franchise since Super Mario Bros. 1, I can honestly say it was a faithful adaptation of the series as best could be done. And you know what? Shigeru Miyamoto, the creator of the game, thinks so too.

But yeah. Just because the Pokemon anime isn't Cowboy Bebop or Neon Genesis Evangelion and lacks any artistic merit doesn't mean it doesn't convey a good message and portray a unique world. Quality =/= Popularity.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    It's Tony Stark. (EDIT: Vernikova beat me to it)

Yeah... I know, I can't believe I didn't get it right.

I found it to be a decent movie. Being an all-time fan of the Super Mario franchise since Super Mario Bros. 1, I can honestly say it was a faithful adaptation of the series as best could be done. And you know what? Shigeru Miyamoto, the creator of the game, thinks so too.

I'm note saying that I think it's a bad movie. Heck, I thought it was good enough for one of the first Video Game movies made in-house. Technically, if it weren't for this movie, people may not even try to do Movie adaptations of video games. However, what my viewpoint believes, or what your viewpoint about the movie is doesn't change the fact that it ranked poorly.

But yeah. Just because the Pokemon anime isn't Cowboy Bebop or Neon Genesis Evangelion and lacks any artistic merit doesn't mean it doesn't convey a good message and portray a unique world. Quality =/= Popularity.

Unfortunately, quality has gone down ever since they decided to use girls solely for eyecandy purposes than as actual characters. Maybe if they decided to make May and/or Dawn not seem like this "Love Hina" esque Female Stereotype. Also, the book "Pikachu's Global Adventure: The Rise and Fall of Pokemon" indicated that Misty was a vital asset to the Show's popularity, not just to the fanbase, but to the critics as well. Ever since they replaced Misty with that FAS, and started doing this girl switch, the show ended up going downhill even worse than before, and it started having problems in Johto. It had lost not only popularity, but also quality, thanks to those pigs.

@Vernikova: About the indication about his knowing about Emerald, we'd probably know if he did or didn't if we had an interview with him around the start of the Seventh Movie. Unfortunately, since the only time the fans have ever directly contacted someone of the writing staff was when WPM asked him about the release of Platinum two years after his demotion, we can't say one way or another, thus we can truly never know.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    @Vernikova: About the indication about his knowing about Emerald, we'd probably know if he did or didn't if we had an interview with him around the start of the Seventh Movie. Unfortunately, since the only time the fans have ever directly contacted someone of the writing staff was when WPM asked him about the release of Platinum two years after his demotion, we can't say one way or another, thus we can truly never know.

You have to assume that they do plan ahead though. The animé airs weekly in Japan without many breaks between episodes, even between series, so the only conclusion that can be drawn is that the animé is planned ahead.

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
    Spoiler:

So there. Read it. :]

Interesting. I'm gonna wait and see before I go believing, though.

moa

Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2009
    Spoiler:

So there. Read it. :]

hummmm,
    battle frontier in johto---check,
    frontier brains from shinou -----check

Back