• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

#9 - Overshade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Weekly Pixel Art Challenge: #9 - Overshade
Hosted by: Logiedan
Approved by: Logiedan

Theme: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=238754#Overshade
A simple theme to do, grab one Pokémon and shade it with a lot of detail and also showing a powerful light source. Remember that there is a palette limit. Good luck!

Omits:
In some cases and themes there will be omits.
  • There are no omits this WPC.
Main Rules:

• One entry per person. You may update your entry until the end of the contest.
  • You can't enter if you picked the theme.
  • All work must be made from scratch (unless the current theme states otherwise).
  • No previously made work.
This Week's Rules:

• Canvas Size: 96x96
  • Palette Requirements: 54 colours
  • Transparency: Optional
  • Animation: None
  • Other: None

Last edited:
Years
Well, what's expected is that you take an official Pokémon sprite and shade it with a greater palette choice and better shading.
(I'm assuming you mean you take a scratch sprite/repose you made and then you give it an overshade) I'm going to say no, that's not allowed.

Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
An enthralling tale, bro.

Spr_5b_623.png
Goruugu-2.png

Last edited:

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
I may as well provide some competition (although I know shocks going to win.)

I'm hoping fairly sure it's less than 54 colours. Anyway, here's my entry.

This is allowed, right? XD

Original:
593.png

Last edited:
Years
Thought this would be a fun little competition so I decided to enter.

The first on is the one I found off the Internet. The second I shaded in Gimp. I hope its okay.

Attachments

• original flygon.JPG
    original flygon.JPG
    3 KB · Views: 155
  • new flygon.jpeg
    new flygon.jpeg
    10.8 KB · Views: 157

Humm96

Fly little Mockingjay!
Years
hmm sounds fun, never done an over shading before.... well theres a first time for everything! :D brb.. *begins first overshade*

anattempt-1.png
:D its a first...

Last edited:
Years
All entries accepted due to lateness.

And the winner is...

Retribution and his Jellicent Overshade!
burungeru.png

The sprite is overall great and the palette choice is wonderful. I love how you saturated it more and I love the way it still looks like the element of official Pokémon sprites is still kept here. What I recommend doing is adding more anti-aliasing at some outlines such as the crown area and the beard.

Honourable mentions...

The 100 Mega Shock's Golurk
Goruugu-2.png

The palette choice is marvelous, and I especially love how you have added hue switching. What I kind of disliked is that your marvelous shading made Golurk lose his boulder/stone/block-like structure. Some shading parts it look fuzzy such as its left shoulder area, its fingers and the side of its right foot.

Good luck next WPC, everyone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back