• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~_The Artwork of DM31_~

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
  • Here's some of my art that I just scanned into my computer. I hope you like them! Be forewarned, my artwork here is very old- I did most of this stuff in 4th grade. I've gotten better since then.
    *I do not trace!!!*
    The first one is Magmar, drawn by me in grade 4. It was my first venture into the medium of markers. And it shows, too. When looked at closely, it's pretty sloppy and the shading is pretty indecent, but my source image was an official PKMN drawing of magmar and it highly resembles the original. Go figure, eh?
    ~_The Artwork of DM31_~

This next one is a picture I created when I was playing the game Magi-Nation for the GBC. The monster in the background is a Cave Hyren, and the wizard I sorta threw in there to take up space. I know, the wizard sucks to an extreme, but I hope you don't mind. The only reason I'm sharing this piece of turd is because I think Cave Hyren looks cool. Again, I drew this in maybe fifth grade.
    ~_The Artwork of DM31_~

I drew the following picture when I went to Disney. They had this Disney quest thingy, and they had little "how to draw Disney characters" tutorials. I drew this after I took the course. It's pretty random, I know. Don't ask me what's happening here- I honestly don't know. This was just a quick sketch to practice drawing Donald Duck to proper proportion (or at least his face :D)
    ~_The Artwork of DM31_~

I feel really bad because I've been showing you all the pictures I drew when I was just a little kid, therefore they're all really sucky. I now feel obligated to show you all a little sneak peak of my current project (I've grown better now!). I'm drawing all the video game characters from my favorite games, so here's a sneak-peak at Samus. Although I hate showing people my work before it's complete, I figure I might aswell because all of you are probably thinking I'm not that great because the above don't show my full skill. Keep in mind this is just a rough outline. Shading and possible colors come later. I'm focusing on getting all the little details and the proportions. Of course, there's lots I want to change. BTW, it looks better on paper ;)
    ~_The Artwork of DM31_~
    https://server6.uploadit.org/files/darkmage31-Samus.jpg
    Tell me what you think! (Try not to comment about the old ones though, they are old!!!)

Castrainer

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2006
    Yay! I like the Samus too! The other art are great but the Samus Rulez!

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • Glad y'all like it! I know it's pretty cheesy to post stuff I did years and years ago, but I had nothing else to show! :dead: After Samus is Captain Falcon, then Star Fox, then Sam Fisher, then... alright, let's not count my chickens before they hatch; it's probably going to take me another month until Samus is in a final state. :dead: XD

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • Did I say one month?? :D

I meant at least another week. I started the shading on the MP Samus, and it looks great! I'll scan it when I get a chance...

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • Alright, I did more shading. I uploaded a copy, so here it is!!!
    ~_The Artwork of DM31_~

You guys like it? I think it's coming along quite nicely! BTW, it looks better on paper :P

HoundJolter

Insane Asylum
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 14, 2004
    Yeah
    1. color in the gun
    2. there are to many lines on the top left of his head. It still looks good though. Better then I could draw it.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • Thanks. I wonder why very few people look at this thread. No one likes Samus????

EDIT: I started doing shading in the arm cannon. It's looking really great! The only problem is the detail- it's hard to shade and still see the vivid lines and colors.

Last edited:

Pokedragonfire

ph34r |\/|y 1337 n1nj4 5k1||z
    Years
  • Dude, stop double/triple/quadruple posting unless its 4 a good reason. Nice pics, Samus is good so far, you've done great in 4th grade too. :)

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • Hey pokedragonfire, dude, that's not necessary. That's patronization. Yes, there is a good reason for all those posts. Look at the dates- they're all at least one day appart. I am giving updates to the progress of my work, so it would be without point to wait for someone else to post until I get the opportunity to update. And since the topic from the new post to the next is completely different, editing is not an option. The problem with message boards these days are people blindly follow every rule simply because it exists and/or they are trying to suck up to the admins/mods.* What I am saying here is simply that people enforce the rules blindly- without any pretext to the reason for the rule. Let's use this little analogy: Hypothetically speaking, some person double posts. Before patronizing that person, consider the following:
    1) Is the post spam (having no relevance)
    2) Are they posted on the same day?
    3) Are their topics similar, as in the prevous post can be edited?
    If you answerd no to the above questions, it is obvious that there is a truely legitimate cause to the double post, in which case the rule is nullified and has no application. Yet the rule is still inforced merely because the rule exists. This to me is blind following. I'll use the quote of an admin to further my point:
    PPNSteve said:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Shinin4000
    hey u double posted steve!
    and i will probably join

Na... look at the before post date vs the new one.... been quite a while and i wanted to bump this up.. (it's getting lonely on my gallery site)
    Although you pretty much summed up what I said in the with
    pokedragonfire said:
    Dude, stop double/triple/quadruple posting unless its 4 a good reason
    People shouldn't follow rules blindly and patronize others for a reason that has no application.

I'm really really sorry if I offended anyone, but I sooooo love these controversial discussions! And no, I'm not flaming you, pokedragonfire. Actually, I'm quite pleased you said that. I wanted to spit that out for a while now :D

And thanks for the compliment!

*Following the rules is great, but there comes a time to challenge society. The philosphers call it "civil dissobedience." If you want to learn about that, read 1984 by George Orwell. But anyway, that's not the point I'm trying to make.

Back