• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen A better chance of shinies?

Years
    Do you get a better chance of getting a shiney egg when a shiney breeds with another shiney, a shiney breeds with a regular one or a shiney breeds with a ditto?

Popuri

~Eievui~
    Years
    Nope, the only way to get a higher chance of getting a shiny is to breed two pokemon from different real life regions. i.e. a ditto from japan and an eevee from america will result in a higher chance (1/2000 rather than 1/8000)

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    no, but you get a better chance of getting a shiny egg when you breed any foreign pokemon, shiny or not, and only one parent has to be foreign. This gives you a 1/1200 chance instead of the usual 1/1600 chance.
    EDIT: Sorry, I think we posted at the exact same time, and you maybe right about the exact chances, I just knew for sure that it was a higher chance

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2012
    Nope, the only way to get a higher chance of getting a shiny is to breed two pokemon from different real life regions. i.e. a ditto from japan and an eevee from america will result in a higher chance (1/2000 rather than 1/8000)

I didn't know that. How do you know this?

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    Thats funny lol
    But which do you think will get you a shiny faster Breeding 2 pokemon from different regions or chaining?
    Chaining. Only the really really really lucky people hatch a shiny within their first 100 eggs. As long as you have enough patience to chain, you can easily get one before you even hatch those 100 eggs.

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2010
    Or you could use the RNG method. I recently came across the method and used it for the first time today. It worked flawlessly. I got my second shiny ever. Although finding your secret ID can be difficult, and manipulating the Random Number Generator by abusing the poketch is time-consuming.

Even though I did it without hacks it still feels morally wrong. How does everyone else feel about RNG abuse?

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Fl
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    RNG abuse is perfectly fine. There's no hacking involved. And who want's to breed 10,000 eggs and not get a shiny? How else can one breed shinies if not by RNGing? It actually takes a lot of work to breed shinies even in the RNG method, you gotta deal with tons of taps, mess ups, the RNG reporter telling you your time/date is wrong. I don't see how it can be labeled morally wrong. The game generates the shiny, the shiny is not created or hacked with a hacking device, so it cannot be wrong. If chaining pokemon is an acceptable way of obtaining shinies, then I don't see how RNG is not.

Back