• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

a better type of pokemon battles for ds

Years
  • i think pokemon should have a new battle system like where you can move around.
    i think it should be something like.

.you enter a battle and you choose your pokemon you want to send out.
    .after you and your opponent send out a pokemon you move around with the stylus or the pad.
    .the controls would be something like
    -A.use move set on a button.
    -B.use move set on b button.
    -Y.use move set on y button.
    -X.use move set on x button.
    -start.pause the game.
    -select.go to pokemon select screen.
    -pad/stylus.move.
    -L.dashes left.
    -R.dashes right.
    -double tap direction.dash in that direction.
    .you and your opponent have a helth bar at the top left and right of the bottom screen.
    .moves and there pp are located at the top screen.
    .after a pokemon loses you automatically get sent to the pokemon select page.
    .after someone loses all there pokemon the match is over.
    .also some battles oly allow a certian amount of pokemon.
    .and last the battle takes place in a rectangular arena on the bottom scrreen.

i think pokemon should be something like this.
    what do you all think? :)

gigabyte8877

Cant wait for Platinum
    Years
  • Hmmm, I like yout Idea, But I dont think Nintendo Would go along with it.. Cause like the Part where you said about before battle you pick what pokemon, I think nintendo thinks that you shouldnt be able to do that because then its sorta more challengingg..

Years
  • Hmmm, I like yout Idea, But I dont think Nintendo Would go along with it.. Cause like the Part where you said about before battle you pick what pokemon, I think nintendo thinks that you shouldnt be able to do that because then its sorta more challengingg..

yea but i mean like if theres a 3 on 3 match or something you get to pick the 3 pokemon y our using then the battle would start but if its a normal battle you start with your first one.

and some battles dont allow you to switch.

Darkjagwar

lollerskates now available
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2014
    2 words: Super. Smash.

They managed to have Pikachu, Pichu, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Lucario, Squirtle, Charizard, and Ivysaur all as Super Smash characters.

Who's to say you can't do that 400+ more times?

The JUMP games are sorta like Super Smash, so we know that it's not impossible...it would just take forever..:P

Controls Idea:
    A - Jump. Pokés would be limited to 1 jump while pokés with Levitate and Flying-type could have unlimited airborne-ness...or pokés like Shedinja and stuff could have floating power. There would be no falling off the side and only a flat stage. Down + A would be used to swim like in Mario 64. Some pokés obviously would not be able to attack underwater and "Drowning" would slowly deplete health if the poké is not a water-dweller. Diglett and Dugtrio....different story...

B - Attack. Each of the 4 moves could be registered as Neutral, Up, Down, and Side + B. They could be manipulated so that they make sense, too. Moves like Growl and Tail Whip would have a certain range.

Example: Graveler
    B - Magnitude: Press B, and if the opponent is in range, it will be shaken up a bit, to say the least.
    B + Side - Rollout: After Executing, hold down B and alternate sides to change direction. Powers up w/ each consecutive hit just like before.
    B + Down - Defense Curl. Yea. You get teh idea. Ups Rollout too. Yay!
    B + Up - Rock Climb. Makes you jump a little and if the guy is above or next to you, he gets hit and or hit by the rocks u climb.

X - Use hold item.

Y - Use non-hold item.

L - Switch Pokés.

R - Dodge.

L + R : Run from wild battle.

What u think? Unfortunately, this is probably impossible to put into a game for 493 diff pokés each w/ many possible moves and battles that happen every 5 seconds that you just run away from.

also 2v2 battles wouldn't be doable unless you had the comp control one of ur pokés.

Health bars and all the other parts of poké battling would still be in effect.

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2009
    I'd want them to implement something like this.. just not in the core games, as the core games are strictly RPG..

This is my dream plan of what they would do.. :
    1. they release some kind of actual dueling/fighting game for the wii with the original 150 pokemon..
    2. if its a sucess, add in catching/training pokemon to it in the next version, i.e. make it like the handheld games.
    3. profit?

Andelc

Cool Trainer Alex
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2011
    It sounds like your talking about a super smash bro. type game for the ds.

I wouldn't like a whole game to be like that. but if maybe when you battle gym leaders or on wifi. or instead of contest halls they have a fighting area for your battle system.

Heiheipig

- This is Madness? -
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2009
    Yes! An action/adventure Pokemon game. Definately. Probably never (ever) going to happen though since if they didn't do that 2-3 years ago they're probably not going to start now. (Plus the graphics wouldn't be all that great)

J-Rad

In ur comp h4xing ur interwebz
    Years
  • Lolz it's called Tales of Symphonia 2: Dawn of the New world for the Nintendo Wii. You can collect monsters, level them up and fight with them in real time combat. The only difference is that monster have to be Computer controlled, but if you took that and made it so you can control monster and turn the monster into pokemon it would be pretty fun...

Back