• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A big issue. Animal Cruelty/Slaughter

Doopliss

(+) Sirena Beach
    Years
    ANimal Cruelty is everywhere. Including our stomachs (well not really). Animals don't deserve to be abused and slaughtered. When animals are brought to slaughterhouses they don't die a quick death. They suffer an agonizing series of torture such as having their throats ripped out. If your going to kill an animal. Do it with a shotgun to the head so it's quick and easy. It doesn't have to suffer.

What do you think of animal cruelty/slaughter?

Last edited:

Tw1tch

Amateur Dragon Breeder
    Years
    OK, I have a soft spot for animals. But I also need to eat. Yeah, slaughterhouses should probably be more humane, I agree. Also, I can't watch shows like Animal Cops, whenever I see an abused animal I want to cry, it tears me apart inside. If we can stop the abuse and make the killing of livestock more humane, then we'd be alright. Otherwise, however, we won't be doing so hot.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    I didn't even watch half of that. It disgusted me too much. Seriously, I almost puked watching that thing.

Seriously, there are much more humane and cheaper ways of killing an animal, so why waste time and money just so some sick bastards can kill animals in a cruel and inhumane way that apparently gives them a lot of pleasure? They deserve to die an even more painful death. People have the right to dislike animals, but that doesn't give them the right to torture them. And what does the government do to this? Nothing! They are most certainly well aware of what's going on in slaughterhouses, but what do they care?

I could ran on about animal rights for hours, but I have already said what I need to.

Sanctuary

Member #11,352
    Years
    I didn't even watch the next part after the cattle!! It already sickened me...it was just so sad.

I have a big passion and love for animals, which is why I'm deciding to be a vet when I grow up. But seriously animal cruelty is wrong. Whenever I see animals being hurt in the world, I cry. Animals are being slaughtered, killed and hurt, and people seem to just stand there and do nothing about it...as if they enjoyed this.
    Although I will go on and on and on, I won't...so I don't bore you all who care.

~Mighty_Mightyena99 :t262:

Trikip

Can you Handel this?
    Years
    Doopliss said:
    ANimal Cruelty is everywhere. Including our stomachs (well not really). Animals don't deserve to be abused and slaughtered. When animals are brought to slaughterhouses they don't die a quick death. They suffer an agonizing series of torture such as having their throats ripped out. If your going to kill an animal. Do it with a shotgun to the head so it's quick and easy. It doesn't have to suffer.

What do you think of animal cruelty/slaughter?

I disagree. I know we need a lot of animals to help us, but I don't really care. That's other people's jobs, not mine.

Tw1tch

Amateur Dragon Breeder
    Years
    It's things like the lack of concern for animals that made me an Anarchist! The government doesn't care! I could go on a rant about it, but that'd be off-topic.

Has anyone ever met someone who abused their pet? My former friend did. I went to his house to hang out and I saw that he had a dog there. I thought it was awesome, I played with the dog, the dog was lovable, it was great. But, later on, someone forgot to take him outside to use the bathroom. He was inside overnight, holding it in. That morning, there was urine on the floor. My "friend" shoved the dog's face in it, smacked it in the face a couple of times, and yelled at it. I was livid, so I shoved my "friend's" face in it, punched him, yelled at him, and left. I never spoke to him again. It makes me happy that I moved, now I don't even have to see him at school.

Ichiro Miyamoto

The Reminder
    Years
    I hate animal cruelty, but I have tried to become a vegetarian, and it doesn't really work for me. I love animals as much as the next person, but becoming a vegetarian is too hard for me.

Katsu-Bang

Nankurunasai~
    Years
    Ah! This is the topic I did for my first speech. >< I sucked BTW

This is a major issue, one that I feel is not brought up enough. Animals deserve rights too, abusing an animal is like abusing a human, even though animals aren't as smart, they are still creatures on Earth, and deserve the same respect as humans, in certain places I mean.

And getting to the Slaughter part. I wish I was a vegetarian, I just can't quit once I started. The way they do it is so inhumane, it makes me sick! They could at least kill the animals before the....erm....process. Grrr, what if it was animals doing it to humans?!

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
    You could've at least let us know the content of it.

It's videos like that that make me wonder who filmed it in the first place. I wouldn't exactly call that animal cruelty though. We know what the purpose of the slaughterhouse is and it's for the good of our race.

I've heard that PETA "makes" these kinds of videos just to let you know how animals are being treated. If they can't find anyone that's doing this stuff, what's their solution? Do the cruelty themselves.

Iron Tiff

OBJECTION!
    Years
    I agree that slaughterhouses should be much more humane than they are. Right now I'm slowly trying to convert to vegetarian, with help from a close friend of mine. It's kinda hard though, cause my mom is such a good cook! XD

I really don't mind there being slaughterhouses, but they really have to be more humane. I'm just glad that my family doesn't raise livestock for food, cause I wouldn't be able to eat something that I once fed. I honestly don't see how so many people can, especially how cruel some of them are in the process.

Dactylus

Your card has been declined.
    Years
    First of all, this is going to be long post. Sorry, I'm bored. On to business: why do you people think this is such a big issue? Humans are killed everyday. If you want to rant about death, rant about crime rates all over the world.

Animals were put here by God for us. They are here to further our existence. We need food, we like meat, and meat is good for the body. Therefore, we eat it. Now, somebody said there are cheaper ways of doing that job, I'd like to ask what his/her suggestion would be. That process costs nearly nothing, just the original machine (which can be used thousands of times), a pen, and a saw. Using a shotgun for every animal would not only contaminate that specific part of the meat, but also use more bullets a day that you'd care to imagine.

The other interesting thing here is that many of you seem surprised at this. You seem genuinely astonished that humans are *******s. Well buddies, get used to it. A large slice of our population does stuff like this without any hesitation.

Also, which of you were whining about the government doing nothing? You want to know what they're doing? They keep that kind of footage hidden from us because so many Americans would balk and rise into a frenzy at it (similar to what you are doing; the balking, that is). But guess what, my friends? Guess who eats meat and generates the demand? We do, and for good reason. The government is just meeting our desire, so quit bad-mouthing it if you see my point, please.

You want to be a vegan? Fine, go for it. I won't. People will still want meat, it will still be made, and you want to know who one of the people will be there requesting it? Me. Yeah, I said it. God gave me meat, and I get one shot at life. Put two and two together. Oh, and Roselia? Animals don't need to slaughter humans; we do it to ourselves in a little something called war that is, unfortunately, a part of our nature that will never be abolished.

And finally, Tw1tch? Good game, man. Good game. I applaud your actions.

Tw1tch

Amateur Dragon Breeder
    Years
    I actually disagree with being a vegetarian/vegan if you do it for the wrong reason. If you do it for a more healthy lifestyle, then I don't mind. HOWEVER, people who do it because of their love for animals or because "they're helping the environment" annoy me. Humans are omnivores, our stomachs are intended to digest both plant and animal. Yet there are people who feel it is wrong to eat the flesh of other animals. Does that mean it's wrong for a cheetah to do so? Wrong for a wolf to do so? If it's wrong for us, then it should be wrong for them.

Yeah, I needed my little rant about vegetarianism/veganism.

By the way, Dactylus, I appreciate your intelligence in this matter. Thanks.

punkhobbitqueen

chibi peoples? Where?!?!?!!?!?
    Years
    this video does make you think about the people who flim it. I know PETA's intentions are good, but they themselves have bombed places and such in the past to "help" animals. yes humans are made to be able to eat meat and vegi's, but that doesn't mean we have to. But the only problem i find with the vegetarian thing, if every human becomes a vegetarian then the animals would over populate us and then we would have to kill them. So in the end the war of no one eating animals can never be won. Now i know i sound mean but it's the truth. I myself am trying to be a vegetarian, it's just my mom cooks so well, and she says it's too expensive to buy me vegetarian food, and meat for the rest of the family.

Chase Leader

Music Is My Miracle Drug!
    Years
    Kay sometimes I don't know why people have stupid logic!!!

Their is no wrong reason for being a Vegan/Vegatarian, I have said this before and I will continue saying it...Animals do have rights they think therefor they are, they exist, they can feel pain...

I give up sometimes people are to stuborn to realize that animals do think and feel.

Another thing, just because we are omnivores doesn't mean we have to eat meat...again I give up!!!

Dactylus

Your card has been declined.
    Years
    I agree with you Chase, the people on this board are just too stubborn to realize animals can feel pain and whatnot! Let's go find every single person who said such things! ...What's that? Nobody here ever said that? Huh, well fancy that.

I have no problem with vegans. If they want to give up one of the joys of life and something our body not only enjoys, but is also good for us, let them have their lifestyle. It's perfectly fine with me. What I don't like is when vegetarians claim enlightenment and act like every person who doesn't conform to their ridiculous cult of not indulging in a substance our body was fashioned to eat is some sort of monster and below them in the evolutional hierarchy. I gotta' tell you, not eating meat does not make you a better person, and I'm not sure where such people get the idea that it does.

Rather like feminists.

But that's neither here nor there. We're not here to argue vegans, are we? Nah, we're here to talk about slaughterhouses, so let's try to stay on track, guys.

Suki

I'm gonna make it.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2019
    I hate people who kill for fur that belongs to beautiful animals who get endangered because of it. I know this isn't about slaughter houses, but I found this out ~

When the fur is finally peeled off over the animals' heads, their naked, bloody bodies are thrown onto a pile of those who have gone before them. Some are still alive, breathing in ragged gasps and blinking slowly. Some of the animals' hearts are still beating five to 10 minutes after they are skinned. One investigator recorded a skinned raccoon dog on the heap of carcasses who had enough strength to lift his bloodied head and stare into the camera.

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    Dactylus: Youre here. ;;

Choosing what you want is eat is nonthing wrong. No need to sterotype it. Everything in this world feels pain. It's one of those things that will never be abolished like Dact said. The species may change but it will never be gone.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    I love animals, but I also love to eat meant, it WOULD be a LOT cheaper just to kill them simply and humanely...

fallen_natsumixx

K a i o r a
    Years
    ... Have any one of you seen the video on YouTube where it shows in Japan thousands of dolphins being hacked to be sold as "whale meat"? And I don't mean a quick chop to the head. I mean where they get those large knives and hack at them while the dolphins flop helplessly on the ground and all this blood and other liquid spew out from them.

Plus someone said on YouTube if anyone had a video about the dog and cat fur trade thing going on in China. (Not because he wanted to watch it for entertainment, but he wanted to inform everyone about it and try and stop it.)

-

Now, I love animals but it is too hard to become a vegetarian. Animal slaughter is down right awful. If they're going to kill an animal, do it fast and quick and not slow and painful.

What IS the video about anyway? I just ate... and don't feel like seeing my food again.

Last edited:
    Back