• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Boy and His Dog

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2006
    -----This fanfic is completely original and by me. You know all the copyright crap, so I'd best not even say it. Enjoy the fanfic! It will be written in semi-screenplay style, and it will have many episodes (it will be a continuing fanfic). Enjoy the first debut episodes!-----

Episode One : A Boy and His Dog

*A small boy clenches a Pokeball in his hand. A Zigzagoon stands opposite, braced for battle. The boy grunts as he chunks the Pokeball at the Zigzagoon.*
    Boy : Pokeball! GO!
    *The Zigzagoon quickly sidesteps the Pokeball and darts into the tall grass. The boy frowns and walks over to the Pokeball. He leans over and picks it up.*
    Boy : Stupid Pokeball... Can't even catch a Zigzagoon around here...
    *We can't keep calling the main character "boy", can we? This kid is none other than Ben. Ben stands around four feet high, with shaggy brown hair, blue eyes, and casual attire: A white T-Shirt, a pair of bluejeans, and a red cap turned backwards. He sighs and turns to walk home.*
    Ben : Fourth Pokemon to get away from me this week...
    *As he's walking home, another boy about his age runs through the grass. He also stands at about four feet, with short, jet black hair and blue eyes. His clothes are similar to Ben's, a yellow T-Shirt and some jeans.*
    Ben : Oh, hey Dug...
    Dug : Hey, what's wrong?
    Ben : I missed another Pokemon... I can't see what I'm doing wrong! *Clenches fist and stomps the ground.*
    Dug : Calm down, okay? Here, I'll help you catch a Pokemon.
    Ben : Will you really?! *He smiles and his eyes widen. He's obviously hopeful.*
    Dug : Of course. *He puts a hand on Ben's shoulder and smiles reassuringly.* Now, let's get to work. It's not easy to catch a Pokemon, so you need to weaken it and have it on the ground. *A beeping noise is heard from Dug's pocket.* Uh oh... That's my cell. I've got to go. Here, I'm gonna lend you my Taillow. Use it to fight and weaken a Pokemon, then use your Pokeball to catch it. Got it?
    Ben : *Nods* Uh-huh.
    Dug : *hands Ben a Pokeball* Okay, see you later. *He runs off down the dirt road.*
    *Ben stands there for a second, looking at the Pokeball Dug gave him. He throws it up in the air.*
    Ben : Go! Taillow!
    *The Taillow bursts out of the Pokeball energetically. It tweets and lands on Ben's shoulder. Ben looks at it, nods, and walks into the tall grass. After about five minutes of searching, a figure darts past Ben.*
    Ben : Huh?! What's that? ... Check it out Taillow!
    *The Taillow swoops into the air and follows the figure as fast as it can. It swoops under branches and above the grass, and finally lands in front of the figure. It chirps and does a full-body tackle. Ben finally catches up and identifies the Pokemon as a Poochyena.*
    Ben : Wow... I've never seen one of these before!
    *The Poochyena growls and whimpers. It's been hurt, but not by Taillow's tackle. Ben notices a large gash in it's side, and it's bleeding profusely.*
    Ben : *Gasps* You're hurt! Here, let me...
    *Ben walks towards the Poochyena and it snaps at his hand as he tries to feel the wound. Ben yanks his hand back and frowns.*
    Ben : You've got to let me seal that wound up! You're bleeding too fast, you'll die if you don't!
    *The Poochyena growls again. Ben sees it's probably not going to let him touch it. So, he reaches into his pocket and pulls out an Oran Berry. He sets it in front of the Poochyena. It grunts quizzically, and bites the berry. It swallows, but it's eyes twitch as if it's in pain. Ben steps back, and frowns.*
    Ben : I'm not gonna catch it. It's much too hurt... Let nature do as it will. Taillow, return...
    *Taillow returns to it's Pokeball. Ben turns to leave, but the Poochyena staggers up onto it's feet and barks. Ben turns around.*
    Ben : You're free. Go on. Shoo.
    *The Poochyena doesn't move. It stares right at Ben, and Ben stares back. Ben takes a couple of steps away, and the Poochyena follows. Ben raises an eyebrow.*
    Ben : You... Want to come with me?
    *The Poochyena barks in agreement. Ben sighs and grips the Pokeball in his hand. Should he? Shouldn't he? He pauses...*
    Ben : Pokeball, go! *throws the Pokeball*
    *The Pokeball sucks the Poochyena in. The ball twitches once...twice...three times and bleeps. The Poochyena had been cought. Ben walks over to it and picks it up.*
    Ben : It's still hurt... I've got to get it to the Pokemon center.
    *Ben runs towards the Pokemon Center in Oldale Town.*

-----THE NEXT EPISODE WILL BE OUT TOMORROW!-----

psyduck101

Read the **** post bellow ><
    Years
    v. good

This preatty good, i hope poochena is ok!

Ben : You're free. Go on. Shoo.
    *The Poochyena doesn't move. It stares right at Ben, and Ben stares back. Ben takes a couple of steps away, and the Poochyena follows. Ben raises an eyebrow.*
    Ben : You... Want to come with me?
    *The Poochyena barks in agreement. Ben sighs and grips the Pokeball in his hand. Should he? Shouldn't he? He pauses...*
    Ben : Pokeball, go! *throws the Pokeball*
    *The Pokeball sucks the Poochyena in. The ball twitches once...twice...three times and bleeps. The Poochyena had been cought. Ben walks over to it and picks it up.*
    Ben : It's still hurt... I've got to get it to the Pokemon center.
    *Ben runs towards the Pokemon Center in Oldale Town.*

i like that bit!

-----THE NEXT EPISODE WILL BE OUT TOMORROW!-----

i can't wait *subscribes*

Naminé

ナミネ..
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2011
    Naminé cannot help but frown... The plot isn't very spectacular, as Naminé saw almost the exact scenario with Ash helping Pikachu when it's injured when she was little. The texts got no spacing between each other so it looks like a huge blurb of black letters of nothingness to Naminé, essentially killing her eyes. This form of narrative is rather unappealing as it is hard to see any details unless the writer is very skilled and experienced. Details right now, according to Naminé's opinions which are constantly dazed by her numerous hallucinations in her mind, are rather severely lacking. Naminé can't really visualize what is going on, or understand anything of importance except the most literal meaning of words.

Naminé thinks that it is probably best for Mr. JustOneMember to stay away from script formatted fanfictions for now~

Back