• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Call To Arms for MegaMan Legends 3!

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
Years
  • Friends and fellow members of the PokéCommunity! It's time that we let Capcom know of our displeasure of the news of the MegaMan Legends 3 cancellation almost 4 months ago! It's time, for those who have a Facebook account, to "sign" the petition for the continuation of production of MegaMan Legends 3! I say that everyone should boycott Capcom, no matter the game or how good it may look!

https://www.facebook.com/GetMeOffTheMoon

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • I dunno if petitions are really going to reverse their decision. The 100,000 thing was strong at the beginning but it hasn't went anywhere in the last month. At this rate it will be 2 years or what seems like it before it hits 100,000. I am not happy with what they did they could at very least released the demo on eShop to gauge the interest instead of using Capcom Unity to do that.

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
    Years
  • That's why I'm trying to rally support for it. If we can get up to that 100,000 mark, it would be great, and trying to get people pumped again is going to help that.

I find it funny, though. I don't generally hold a grudge, but almost 4 months later and I still can't muster up a happy thought towards Capcom.

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2021
    Didn't Capcom provide a good detailed reason why they couldn't do MML3?
    I don't think the whole fanbase could agree on that.

The original reason Capcom gave was that MML3 didn't meet "the required criteria". Clear enough to Capcom to issue it publicly, but vague enough to the fanbase to drive it into the frenzy we see now.

Later on, Capcom Euro stated on Twitter that "unfortunately so few fans took part in the creation of the game. It was felt the project was not worthwhile :-( " which just as well sent fans into a rage.

So as of right now, unless I'm missing some statements made by Capcom staff, there is no exact idea of what the real reason is.

Years
  • I dunno if petitions are really going to reverse their decision. The 100,000 thing was strong at the beginning but it hasn't went anywhere in the last month. At this rate it will be 2 years or what seems like it before it hits 100,000. I am not happy with what they did they could at very least released the demo on eShop to gauge the interest instead of using Capcom Unity to do that.

Look at Operation Moonfall, and Operation Rainfall. Moonfall is to bring Majora's Mask to the 3DS, and Rainfall is for international localization of critically acclaimed Nintendo-published titles.

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
    Years
  • I have the strangest feeling that it's just Capcom childishly lashing out at Keiji Inafune. There were 3 MegaMan games that he was working on before he left Capcom, all of which had become cancelled once he had left. Capcom can't claim that the level of fan participation was low as whenever I went into the devroom, it was alive with chatter.

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2021
    I have the strangest feeling that it's just Capcom childishly lashing out at Keiji Inafune. There were 3 MegaMan games that he was working on before he left Capcom, all of which had become cancelled once he had left. Capcom can't claim that the level of fan participation was low as whenever I went into the devroom, it was alive with chatter.
    Three? What's the third one? All I knew or heard about was MML3 and Mega Man Universe.

Back