• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Destiny

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2010
    A Destiny
    By: Sarafina, a.k.a. Giggles​

Prologue​

_________________________________________________​

I?m here now, you don?t have to worry, I?ll always be with you, you?re safe in my heart, you?re the rose of life, you?re the star in the night sky, you?re the rising sun at the crack of dawn, there?s beauty in your sparkling eyes, you?re a gift???..​

_________________________________________________​

Chapter One: A Loving Family​

________________________​

Darkness embraced and the stars in the sky shown brightly. The silver moon?s white washed light poured down upon a family of Arcanine. The bright orange coats of fur gleamed in the moonlight, their black stripes turned silver in the moonlight. The spring green grass wiped against their fluffy fur, their whiskers on their muzzles were thin. The mother in the family was pregnant, she smiled and looked up and stared at the stars.

?You?ll be a brand new star, you?ll shine as brightly as the sun,? the mother whispered. She searched the sky, happily singing to the baby in her stomach.

?I?m here now, you don?t have to worry, and I?ll always be with you, you?re safe in my heart, you?re the rose of life, you?re the star in the night sky, you?re the rising sun at the crack of dawn, there?s beauty in your sparkling eyes, you?re a gift?..? the mother sang gently. Her soft eyes closed gently as the father walked up to her softly setting his paws down sure to be silent. He lay down next to her, laying his tail upon her body. The mother started to sing gently,

?You?re the rainbow in the bright blue sky, you?re the fluffy white clouds, you?re the dreams of happiness, you?re a gift?? the father set his head down and fell asleep next to the mother.

~*~*~*~*~*~​

The sun rose and turned the sky light red and a bright orange. The sun brightened up and lit up the lands, over to where the family was sleeping. The sun painted the silver grass back into its normal spring green color and threw a ray of sunlight upon the family to awake them from their slumber.

?It?s morning at last,? the mother said gradually lifted herself up.

?Yep, it?s time for the sun to lift our spirits up high.? The father said happily.

?Its morning so soon, the sun?s already up and warming up the land?? the grandpa yawned. The father nodded.

?I?ll catch some breakfast,? the father volunteered. The mother smiled at him warmly. He sprinted off and began his hunt.

?You fell some pushing in your stomach Torch?? the grandma asked concerned.

?Yeah, but I?m fine, it?s only the baby thrashing to get out,? she said weakly.

?You need some more rest, just lie down, take it easy and relax.? The grandma suggested. Torch flopped down under the old oak tree. The shade was cool and felt relaxing on a hot day like it was. Torch?s eyelids felt heavy. She fought to stay awake but her eyelids slammed shut and stayed shut and before she knew it, Torch was peacefully sleeping in the shade of the old oak tree.

Last edited:

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
    This is such a cute story, I love how you did the descriptions and everything else ^_^, please...continue :)

Abskull

Link's Huggle Thing!^.^
    Years
    I love it!

:'( It's so beautiful! Now I get to say how much I love your story!

I love it so much! Keep writing! This story is even better then mine!

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2010
    Thanks, you make me cry, :'( Your so nice! All of you make me cry so much! :'(

Chapter Two: A New Star in the Sky is Born
    ____________________________________​

?Wake up honey, I have breakfast, honey, wake up,? the father shook Torch with his front paw.

?Let her rest Blaze!? the grandma said sternly.

?She has to eat food so the baby can come out alive and full of good food,? Blaze responded and kept shacking Torch.

?Wha- what?? Torch said alarmed and opening her eyes quickly.

?You have to eat some breakfast for the baby,? Blaze said worried about his wife.

?Ok, give me the meat and I?ll eat it,? Torch said yawning.

?Here you are,? Blaze said tossing her a slab of a plump Pidgey.

?I found it, it broke its wing and wanted the pain to stop I made the pain stop!? Blaze said, glad to help it.

?The baby?s soon,? Torch said, her eyes shining with every word she said.

?Oh my goodness! That?s wonderful dear!? Blaze said with excitement. Torch ripped off the edge of the Pidgey and swallowed it in one big gulp. She smiled with joy. She was having a baby. All the Pokemon in all the lands would gather to recognize the newborn, there would be a ceremony until they went to rest and the moon came out, and they would dance and sing songs to her new baby. Her thoughts were interrupting by the voice of her husband.

?Honey, you should eat the rest, I saved this all for you and you need to fill up before the baby comes.? Torch just gave a small smile in her thanks. She took a piece of meat and flung it in the air and caught it between her jaws. There was a kick at Torch?s side and she leaned over to that side in pain.

?It?s soon! Really, really soon!? Torch cried out.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~​

The day past and the sunset painted the sky spectacular bright colors, it looked like the autumn leaves. The Butterfree and Beautifly flew above the flowers and all the bird Pokemon did the same and chirped at the same time. The spring green grass was turning different colors with the sky. The sun was setting behind the hills and mountains.

?Such a wonderful piece of artwork,? the grandma said in a shaky voice, smiling with joy.

?This sunset looks really bright still, I wonder why, last night is was so dim,? Blaze pointed out with confusion. Torch woke up in surprise.

?The baby! She?s shining in the sunset!? Torch?s eyes widened. Everyone looked confused.

?I think something?s got into your head honey, you should get some rest while you can,? Blaze said concerned. Torch face was flushed a bright pink in embarrassment.

?Sorry, but I think that my baby will shine like the sun setting and the sun rising, didn?t you hear me singing last night?? Torch questioned Blaze.

?Oh, yes I did hear you singing last night, I?m sorry, I took your saying the wrong way,? Blaze said with his head down and sorry. The tip of the sun was a bright red, the sun had almost made its way all the way under it?s covers made out of the mountains.

?It?s time!? yelled Torch in pain. I was trashing and kicking in my mother?s stomach. I only wanted to get out of where I was. I couldn?t hear, see or smell anything, I had a light coat of damp, wet fur, and barley even had whiskers. My little paws pushed against my mother?s sides. All four of my legs were kicking against something. I was squirming around and I wouldn?t stop.

?Blaze! Help! She?s coming!? Torch wailed in her pain. The sun wasn?t beneath the mountains yet, and the Pokemon hadn?t arrived still.

~*~*~*~*~*~​

Fifteen minutes had passed when the Rattatas peered out of their burrors and the Pidgeys looked out from their nests. The water Pokemon jumped out of the water and onto the land to gather with all the Pokemon.

?Look, they?re coming to celebrate!? Blaze said to Torch hoping to cheer her up. Torch just nodded and smiled but her smile faded once I thrust out my legs once again.

?Come on let?s go gather there, it?s an important celebration,? some Pokemon whispered to each other.

?She?s here!? Torch yelled so everyone could here her pain.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~​

After a few minutes the baby was out on the soft grass. Torch whipped her head around to face me. I blinked twice and sneezed.

?Awwwwwww,? the Pokemon in the circle said admire ring me. Torch licked me clean and smiled at my face. I stood up on my wobbly legs but I just fell back down. Torch giggles and helped me up. The moon?s light shown upon me and the brightest star in the sky was right next to me.

?You?re the brightest star of them all,? Torch said, tears swelling up in her eyes.

?You see, that?s your star Torch said, her head showing me the star above my tiny head. I turned to look at it, without the knowledge of knowing what it was. My father joined with my mother.

?That star never stops burning its light. In the daytime it burns inside of you and in the night it lights up the night sky for you,? Blaze said to me. The information they were giving me was totally useless until I grew older and knew where I was and what I was doing. I didn?t understand what my parents were telling me so I yawned and tried to stand up again.

?Its party time for the birth of the new baby!? a bold Flareon spoke up. I opened my mouth in a smile at all the other Pokemon. The Pokemon just started to dance and sing to me. They sang happy songs, they even made a song up for me. I looked at all the things I saw with wide eyes.

?I think I?ll call you The Spirits Within,? my mother whispered to me into my sensitive ear. I wasn?t all that smart still but I remembered the word and I put it close to my heart because I still knew it mattered.

Last edited:
    Years
    Awww, cute story. Reminds me of The Lion King in a way, with all the Pokemon coming to celebrate. The story itself is fine, and their are only a few typos. For example...

?The baby?s soon,? Torch said, her eyes shining with every word she said."

It should be "The baby is coming soon." Or something like that seeing as "baby's" is only used to show possetion (pardon the spelling).

There are a few other minor things such as that, but aside from those, a great story indeed. ^.^

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2010
    Thank you for pointing that out, I'll work on that!

Chapter Three: A Long Night
    _________________________​

The party lasted until midnight, but I was well knocked out before then. Torch smiled at the sight of my body lying in the grass. I shivered slightly but when Torch cuddled me I just nuzzled her with my back.

?Look at her, she?s gonna make me cry, I have a granddaughter now,? the grandma sobbed in joy. I was startled to her crying so I decided to see what was going on to learn more about the world I was living in. I slowly opened my eyes. My eyelid started to drop but I forced myself to stay awake. I stayed awake long enough to turn my tiny head towards the noise. Torch looked at me in surprise. She could tell I was curious because I was trying to stand up.

Torch helped me get up to see what was going on. I took two quick steps and tripped over my own paw. I could tell it would be a long night trying to walk. Torch jumped up checked to see if I was ok. I just looked up at her with innocent eyes telling my mom to give me another chance to try walking by myself. Torch just sighed and shook her head. She grinned at me and I took wobbly steps over to a flower, forgetting my grandma?s tears.

I sniffed the flower with my tiny black nose and blinked at it. I tried to make a sharp turn but then I tumbled over and rolled repeatedly on the grass.

?Look at her, she?s adorable,? Torch said, her eyes glowing at my as she said those words.

?Yeah, I remember when I was that age, I had the cherry pip of a Growlithe, all young Pokemon have that one cherry pip that makes them their selves,? the Grandpa said happily. I looked at him and he looked at me. He opened his mouth and I ran away, not really running but walking quickly.

?She a fast learner,? Blaze said with amazement.

?Yeah, she?s my baby, she?s just like me, I catch on everything fast whenever I try it,? Torch said proudly. I ignored the conversation and went back to my walking matters. I took high steps, being careful not to trip. When I succeeded on walking I let out a loud yelp that startled all the Pokemon.

?Baga boo, boo baa!? I screamed with delight. The Pokemon looked at me strangely then went back to parting. I smiled then flopped down and thought,

Baa, baa taca, too, too wee!

?Time for the fireworks!? the same bold Flareon shouted. All the fire Pokemon including my parents let their sparks fly. They were all glowing red, flaming fire, bright colors lit up the night sky. I looked up frightened. One spark from the fire Pokemon hit me in the side. The spark faded away quickly. I was terrified just glancing at them. I tried to walk away from them but I ended up slipping on a wet leaf.

?Baga boo,? I said quietly, exhausted from the long night. But the night wasn?t over yet, I had only just begun.

The fireworks stopped after a few more moments of the spectacular flames. Torch trotted over to me with concerned eyes.

?Is my little baby afraid of the fireworks?? Torch asked. I sneezed, not knowing what she just said. I walked away from my mother, trying to keep my balance. I didn?t slip until I got to the leaves; they were all still covered in dew. I didn?t slip on them; I just stopped walking so I could just examine more of the world. I turned away from them and continued my walking. I walked for a while and saw a meadow covered in wild flowers. All the butterflies danced above the flowers. Fireflies lit themselves up and danced above them. I looked up only to see more of nature?s art. It was a perfect night, a perfect world.

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2010
    Chapter Four: Growing Up Can Change Your Life​
    _____________________________​

I woke to my mother?s voice echoing through my ears.

?Rise and shine sweetheart,? she happily said with a grin.

?Go away,? I said half asleep and flopped down in the leaf bed my mother had made me.

?Come on honey,? my mother said with frustration in her tone.

?Ah, leave me alone,? I said and covered my eyes with my paws.

?I have had it with you,? Torch lost her patience. A tiny ember came out from her body and rested on a leaf. I smelt the smoke and heard the ember grow and crackle.

?Wha-wha-wha-wha, FIRE!? I jumped to my feet and stamped over the burning leaves. The fire was gone but my paws were slightly burned.

?Who did that?? I asked as I slowly turned my head trying to control myself. My mother smiled at me.

?Next time you?ll get up to help out,? she said with a grin and walked out of the cave. I growled and walked further into the cave. Fire crackled to light up the darkness. Every day my mother lit a couple of branch surrounded by stones. And every night she would blow it out so everyone could sleep in peace.

After a while I noticed that where the table had no meat on it. I couldn?t have breakfast.

?They?ll get it soon,? I told myself. My stomach growled. ?Or maybe on the other hand I could help them.? I dashed out of the cave with an empty stomach. When I got outside my mother looked at the field with a worried look on her face.

?What?s wrong mom?? I asked, looking up at my mother.

?It?s your father, he hasn?t caught anything yet today, it?s the trainer season,? my mother said more worried then ever.

?I?ll go help him then!? I suggested and raced off.

?Spirit, come-,? Her voice was faint and couldn?t hear the rest of her sentence.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*​

Soon I grew tired. The sun was still high in the sky but it felt as if it was midnight. I threw myself down and rested. The tall blades of grass shaded me. I started to get drowsy. Soon, my eye lids started to get heavy and soon I shut my eyes and went to sleep.

?Look at that Squirt,? I heard a voice say off in the distance, ?It?s a beautiful Growlithe.?

?Squirt!? a Pokemon named Squirt shouted with joy.

?Squirt, use your TACKEL!? a trainer shouted. I heard something move quickly towards me. Soon I was hit with something that felt like a stone being thrown into your side. I immediately woke up. I looked around. I barked with fury.

?Squirt, use your WATER GUN!? the same trainer shouted. The Pokemon blasted water out of its mouth aiming it towards me. I shook my head in disgust. Pokemon weren?t born to be commanded to attack others, Pokemon were free, powerful animals, some referred Pokemon as monsters. It was unnatural to listen to someone you call your master.

Before I could anymore a blast of water hit me. It felt like stone hitting you but worse. I tried to use flamethrower but only smoke came out of my mouth. I was weak and I knew it.

?Finish her off with SURF!? The Pokemon created a huge wave of water that was much taller than me, even taller than my cave. I tried to run away but the wave was much too big to run from. The wave hit me with such power; it put such pressure on me. I was being pulled down underwater from the crushing waves. I tried to swim up but the current was pulling me and swerving me. It felt as if I was drowning.

When the waves settled and vanished back into the Pokemon, I couldn?t stand, I couldn?t walk, I could barley breath.

?Go POKE BALL!? the trainer shouted and threw a white and red ball at me. It hit me on the head and went back and little ways, then opened up. It started to suck me inside of it. I turned from solid to liquid. I couldn?t control my body any longer. It was dark inside the ball. All I could do was thrash and kick the ball with all my strength. I could fell the ball rattle. But it was no use. The ball stayed shut. I could soon fell myself going up higher and twirling. But I could still hear my mother?s sweet voice in the distance.

?Spirit! Come home! Spirit! I love you!? My mother called. I longed to see her bright face. I wish I?d listened to her. Now she was gone. I couldn?t see her anymore. I didn?t even get speak to my father for the last time. I didn?t get to even say good bye to the ones I loved. My life was changing. My life was changing and it would never be the same again.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Awwwwwwww... it got captured! *cries* ... *cries some more* ... Anyways, to review:

The main concern I had with this fic is the length of each chapter. They are incredibly short. You could easily put the first three chapters into one - and they would still make sense.

Everything else appears to work quite well. The description at times is vivid, but can occasionally run stale... The actual plot is progressing nice and slowly - nothing happening too quickly, as that can spoil a fic indefinitely. It's really just the length that's spoiling this fic. Improve on that and this fic should do well. ^_^

"A Vote for Justice is a Vote for MCD"

Psychotic_Demon

The Espeon of the Moon
    Years
    this is one of the best fics i`ve ever read! (and one of the only!) i am just now starting to make fics myself, so i dont have any advise, but i love it!!! good job!^^

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2010
    Thanks to everyone who bothered to read my story and thanks for the review! And I know on this chapter deatail is lacking but I couldn't help it. At the end I tried to make it better! Anyways, on with the chapter! ^_^

My New Life
    __________________________________​

After about a half in hour I got bored and exhausted from thrashing around. I laid there. I was still and motionless. The walls around me seemed like the bars of prison. Then, I felt a sudden drop and the ball opened. I could see the light again! I was still a red liquid but soon it formed into my shape and I turned back into my normal self. I looked around. There were huge, narrow mountains with water that you could see through and there were things inside. They were talking on these black shapes that they held up to their ear. I squinted at the weird new things. It was all so unnatural.

The afternoon sunshine lit up this new world. I walked around but the Squirtle that had attacked me made sure I stayed with him. But why?

?Why are you keeping me with you?? I asked him.

?I must. If I don?t you will surely run,? he said a mature tone.

?And who are you to control whether I run or not?? I snapped back.

?I?m not the one who says that, master is,? he said and pointed to the monster that had gotten me into this. I looked at the Squirtle again. He was worshiping her. He was obeying her. And I was ordered to obey her too.

?Squirt, you don?t have to watch this pup anymore, I?ll handle her now,? The monster said and gave a gentle pat to him, ?Hello there little fellow,? it said to me. I just turned my head and took a few steps away from it.

?I?m not going to hurt you sweetness,? it said to me in a tempting tone, but I ignored her and kept walking.

?Ok, Squirt, I guess I could use some help,? she said giving up. Squirt happily smiled and he turned me. It seemed like he was the Growlithe and I was the Mareep in a herd of sheep. I turned widely. I did not want to but the memories of the swirling waves crushing me darted back into my mind.

?Wow Squirt,? she said, eyes shining, ?you really could be a herding Pokemon!? I rolled my eyes. If anything was going to herd me it was NOT going to be him. He was the most inexperienced herder I knew. I wanted to show them. I wanted to show them all who I was. I was the free running spirit that raced across the lands. I was the untamed fire that burned. And I was going to show them what I was made of.

I bolted. I raced with the strong winds. I leaped into the air like a rocket taking off. The Squirtle and his trainer watched with amazement. I soared through the air. I let the wind brush against my face and whip my fur back. My front legs aimed at the ground. I landed as if I had just cleared some bushes. Squirt stared at me with wide eyes. And it, she looked at me as if I were one of the legenendary Pokemon. Her mouth dropped open. Her eyes filled with happiness, amazement, and pride all at the same time.

But that wasn?t all. I needed to show them my inner strength. I opened my mouth and let out a burst of fire. The brightly colored flames headed for Squirt and his trainer. The quickly ducked. All the fire landed directly on a tree. The tree fell over with a loud THUD! Another tree caught the flames and started to send it to the rest of the forests? trees. Squirt and the trainer turned back to see it. Sparks flew up high and the fire crackled.

?Squirt, WATER GUN now!? she yelled. Squirt blasted water out at the flames skillfully. Smoke rose up but the fire seemed to be put out.

?Squirt Squirtle squirt,? Squirt said.

?Wow,? it sighed, ?I never knew that you were so full of power. I?m sure you?re ready for battling right now!? Battling?! Is that the only thing that mattered to her? Battling? She still hadn?t figured out that I was meant to be wild. I was meant to run in the fields, happy and free. Not being turned into a red liquid and forced into a small, dark ball. I glared at her. I ran towards her and pounced with my claws sticking out towards her.

Before I reached her Squirt blew a blast of water that dug into my side and through me off sideways.

?Thank you sweetness,? it said her thanks and turned towards me. I shook myself off and crept towards her. She took the same ball from her vest and clicked the button in the center of the ball.

?Its time for a time out,? she scolded me gently but I knew the punishment was far worse than any other scolding. The red liquid sucked me up. I was pushed into the ball with such force. I watched the sunlight disappear and I heard the clicking sound of the ball closing shut.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*​

I started shaking inside the ball. I could not see the world around me but by the way the ball bounced, I could tell she was walking. I hit my delicate head on the top of the ball several times before I came to a halt. The ball was thrown downwards. I did not have any idea where I was going until the ball cracked on in the center as I emerged out.

?Hey,? Squirt said walking up to me.

?Yeah?? I said back.

?What?s your name, you know my name now but I don?t know yours,?

?My name is Spirits Within, The Spirits Within,? I said quietly.

?That?s a wonderful name,? Squirt said softly. I nodded.

?Here baby, here girl,? the girl gently said. I held still, expecting nothing from her. Then she reveled something from behind her back. I rolled my eyes as she walked closer to me. She walked over to me so silently I could hear the leaves rustle in the tall oak trees. She gently slipped something over my head and tightened it so it fit around my neck.

A small shiny golden plate hung on it and she clipped on a long thing that she held in her hand. Squirt walked over me.

?The thing around your neck is a collar and the thing she?s holding is a leash,? he told me. He was full of wisdom. It seemed like I was blind and he was guiding me through my life. I nodded in agreement.

I started walking slowly next to Squirt. We walked together, side by side. I held my head low and relaxed. The scent of freshly backed bread drifted through the air. Then as I walked farther, the scent of juicy drumsticks filled the air as my mouth watered. My tongue hung out of my mouth as we walked farther. The girl pulled my collar slightly as I changed direction.

?Are you hungry?? Squirt asked me. I nodded. ?Me too,? he said with a grin. I turned back to face the girl. She looked down at me and smiled. I didn?t smile back. I turned around and tugged at the leather collar around my neck. I pulled with such force. I stomped furiously at the concrete. I stomped so hard I thought it might crack. But it didn?t. I soon realized that my collar wasn?t tight enough. It snapped. It snapped and I was free. I was free again. The words repeated in my mind.

?Hey, you broke your brand new collar!? Squirt informed me. I smiled.

?Now I can go back home,? I said happily, ?I?ll smell that pine scent when you run through the forest. I?ll splash in the mud puddles. I?ll hop in my leave mound and race the wind across the fields.?

?Race with the wind?? Squirt asked me. I sighed.

?You know what I mean,? I told him.

?No I don?t,? he snapped back at me. I just shook my head and trotted away.

?Where you going?? Squirt asked me.

?Home!? I shouted with excitement, ?Home, home, home!? Squirt looked back at the girl.

?Well, umm, I-I th-th-think that w-w-we should stay,? he stammered. I looked at him. Did he know what he was saying? Choosing battle over freedom? I couldn?t believe it. Squirt quickly straightened himself up and brushed off the dirt.

?Wha-what?? he asked me. My jaw dropped open as he walked over to the girl. I tried to speak but no words would come out. Squirt happily started skipping once the girl lifted her head up. Squirt cried out and jumped up in the air. I stared at them in disgust. The two were acting like?friends? I kept my eyes fixed on them.

?Squirt! Squirt come here!? I yelled after him. He turned to face me. He shook me and made signs to show he was busy. I groaned. Why didn?t he just abandon her and come over to me. I flopped down and watched the puffy clouds slowly move in the bright blue sky. But the sky wasn?t a pure blue. It looked like a?dirty blue? Yes. It was a dirty blue sky. As I watched more puffs of gray smoke rose in front of the sky. I coughed.

The air didn?t seem as easy to breathe. I slammed my eyes shut and wished everything would go back to normal. When I opened my eyes back up I was still there. Everything looked the same. Even the light gray stone my paw was next to stayed in place. Nothing seemed the same. And I soon realized that my life never would be the same

Psychotic_Demon

The Espeon of the Moon
    Years
    this is awesome! i love this fic! i promise to read it every time theres a new post. *runs off to sign an oath* see? this is so kool!^^

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2010
    Sorry I didn't finish this chapter! I was grounded forever and this is all I've gotten done in the last two days! I'll continue the chapter soon!

Chapter Six: I Meet Him
    ______________________________________​

I turned to see Squirt who was still playing around with the girl who had taken me away in the ball. I snarled in disgust. It wasn?t right. Nothing seemed right! I looked around for some grass. The only grass that was around was a small patch of short grass; it looked like a Syther had crossed its path. I trotted over to it and my legs collapsed. I watched as Squirt played with the girl. I wanted them to stop. I wanted them to stop and set me free. Free to do whatever I desired.

Then, the girl got up and walked over to me.

?Well hello there. I guess I?ll need to name you sometime baby. Might as well be now!? the girl laughed. I didn?t think it was the least bit funny. She wouldn?t know my name. I mean, she couldn?t!

?Lets see, I?ll call you, Spirits Within, The Spirits Within!?

??GROWLLLLLLL!? I cried. How did she know my name? Did Squirt tell? No, Squirt would have to be able to speak her language. I got up and went crazy. The one girl giggled a little when I ran in circles then jumped and fell. I glanced at Squirt who was busy watching a raging battle going on.

?Squirt! Squirt,? I cried. He turned his head and smiled at me.

?Sup?? he said in a casual voice. I knew he was hiding a secret from me.

?Did you tell?? I burst out.

?Tell what? Have you gone crazy or something?!? I took deep even breaths and bared my teeth at him.

?You told her about my name! You told her that my name is Spirits Within! There?s no other explanation!? Squirt tried to look surprised. He shook his head a couple times but I just calmed down and gently shoved him with my front paws and walked away. I knew one of them could speak each other?s language. But who?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~​

The bright stars glittered like diamonds in the deep blue sky. It reminded me of the open fields. Tears started to swell up in my eyes but I pushed them into the corner of eyes and let them trickle down my check. I turned back to look at it and Squirt, sleeping soundly in bags. I turned away from them. They were mysterious. I started to walk away when something rubbed me against the check. I whipped around to see what it was. All I saw was a huge, burning flame above me.

Last edited:

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    I'm really enjoying it, but that last bit is a little confusing. Was that a continuation of the previous scene, or is this something new?

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2010
    Because of how stupid I am, I cannot answer that question but I can assure you that I will try not to mkae it as confusing! Oh yes, and when it says, Squirt:, that means the story is going through Squirt's eyes. Oh, and one more thing, please don't accuse me of having this short and not having a chapter title because I'm continuing on my previous chapter! Heh! ^_^

Bursts of different colors suddenly started flashing in the sky, and the burning torch above me sprung into action.

He jumped towards me, nearly crushing me with his broad chest. I realized he was an Arcanine.

?Growlll!? I cried with joy. He showed no sign of happiness so I didn?t continue my cheers. He shot a look towards the flashing colors and turned back to me. Then he acted. He grasped me firmly between his teeth right on the loose skin under my neck and raced towards the flashing lights. My normally soft brown eyes were nearly out of my eyes sockets, bulging, wide open to see everything. The terror. The trees bursting into flames. Pokemon scrambling. Screaming. I looked to see Squirt, still hiding in his shell, not realizing the terror, and her, with something covering her ears so she didn?t have to hear was still sleeping.

?Squirt! Help me!? I cried. There was no reply but the wind rushing through the remaining trees. Then it shot through me like a bullet. This Arcaniane wasn?t helping me, he was taking me away!

?Squirt!? I cried for the last time. ?Help m-?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~​

Squirt:

I wearily opened my eyes when I heard something that sounded like a Pokemon war raging on in the distance. I finally decided to take a look outside, and there I saw it. I saw it all. The Spirits Within, crying for help, begging for me to listen, but I saw I just watched her fade into the hot orange flames of the forest.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2010
    Yes, short, I know... It was bad of me... I was gonna continue but I became lazy cuz I'm stupid.

Chapter Seven: I Meet Him

Squirt:

My arms and legs emerged from my shell quickly. I got out of my warm sleeping bag into the cool night. I ignored the wind and raced over to Amber. She was sleeping. The Spirits Within called Amber an ?it,? but I knew she wasn?t just a monster. If only The Spirits Within would listen. I shoved the thought aside and called,

?SQUIRTLE! SQUIRTLE!? But it was no use. Amber had on ear plugs. Her eyes were tightly shut and her amber colored hair was hidden beneath her. I gave Amber a gentle shove but still she lay, sleeping. I finally gave up on her. I turned to see the forest. It all happened so fast. Too fast. So suddenly. The wind seemed to whisper my name.

?Squirt?Squirt?? it seemed to call. I closed my eyes and covered my ears, hoping I would die. When I open my eyes again, the fire, the disaster was still there. If only I had been there. If only I had been there for The Spirits Within? The thought was as strong as a dragon, filling my mind with sorrow.

The Spirits Within:

Just the thought of helplessly being dragged away was enough, but actually experiencing it. Sparks flew into the air wildly. It reminded me of my birth. Before I could remember the good times, I was tossed aside into a large cage with nothing but metal bars.

?Excellent work, Devil,? a deep, low voice said. I looked around the room. How could I explain it. More monsters, with weapons, sharp needles much like a quill.

?Now I shall put this one to sleep before it gets in our way,? the monster said, his gaze following me, pressing against my fear. He gave a smile that filled with evil, happiness. I snarled in disgust. He may have had me locked in a cage but, I knew my place, and he knew his.

?GROWLLLLL!? I snarled.

?Ha! Yap all you want but you?ll be with the rest of the Pokemon in the lab!? the beast howled. I did not know what this, ?lab,? was, or anything of this prison.

The cage door creaked open on its hinges quietly but it was enough for my delicate ears to hear and my keen eyes to see. I sprung for the door at top speed. Right when I was about to run back into freedom, the cage door was shut. I skidded to a stop, but right after I stopped, a needle shot through my fur and pierced through my skin. When it was pulled out, I suddenly felt drowsy. My eyelids felt heavy and my muscles went limp, causing me to lose control over my body. I fell over and shut my eyes, sleeping in prison?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~​

When I awoke, I saw more silver bars, locking me inside. I shook my bright orange fur and looked around. I saw a bunch of other Pokemon, panicked, huddled together in a corner. They whimpered and one yelped. Anger rose from my feet and made its way through my slender body. I roared and bolted. I focused on the silver bars and aimed. I bite into the metal, as hard as I could. I bite, tugged, snapped, but the glossy bars remained stiff.

?Growllllll?? I whimpered.

?Aw, don?t worry, puppy,? a Pokemon softly spoke. I turned my head, but slowly turned back to look outside.

?Yeah, we?ve been captured but, umm, well, if we?re bad we?ll be sentenced to death, so, umm, be good,? a male Charmander said, confused with his own words. I suddenly felt determination fill my body. I couldn?t let them keep me prisoner! I had to do something. But what? I scanned the cage, hoping to find another strong Pokemon, and indeed I did. There he was, big, strong, a huge mass of fur hanging over his skin. He was an Arcanine. He was sleeping in his own corner. Cleary, he didn?t care what was going on.

?Wake up!? I yelped.

?Whu-,? he mumbled.

?Get up, come on, you need to help me,? I pleaded.

?Fine, fine, fine,? he said, slowly rising to his feet.

?We need to break out of here,? I told him.

?I?ll do this, helping business, but after that, I?m taking a nap,? he said casually. I sighed deeply. Why didn?t Squirt get taken away with me? Then escaping would be a lot easier.

?Your plan is?? the Arcanine asked. ?Oh, and if you want to know my name, it?s Zip, Zippity Zip.? He said, his tone meant business.

?Ok, I plan to burn the iron bars of this cage and we head out, setting the entire place on fire and then-? I started.

?Wait a second; I?m only helping you get out of here. I?m setting the place on fire, but I will burn the cage open.? Zip assured me. I whimpered, hoping he would come to his senses and help me set the place on fire, but her just started using his Fire Blast to burn the cage.

?GROWWWWWWWL!? I cried. I decided every oncoming battle needed a battle cry. Then I started of with Flamethrower. I saved my real fire for a closing attack, my powerful Fire Blast.

Flames quickly burned the stiff steal, the material becoming weaker by the second. I decided I wanted the spotlight, (again, as usual,) so I used Fire Blast with my strongest effort.

?Nice,? Zip complemented me when the silver bars burst open, creating an opening.

?Thanks,? I simply said, with a weak smile, and we ran out, side by side.

Back