• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Battle] A few questions for pokefirered editing

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2023
    Title. So yeah, I just started rom hacking using decomp (after my first project corrupted since I used binary) and I'm learning how to work pokefirered...
    I have a few questions regarding how to change some stuff in the game?

1. How do I edit stats, evolution methods(and levels), evs, types, and movepool of Pokemon?
    2. How do I make it so battles are forced to set mode?
    3. How do I make it so you actually cannot use items in battles (held items are acceptable)?
    4. Any good scripting tutorials on Youtube for pokefirered hacking (or maybe decomp in general)?

That's all, thanks in advance!

Years
    • Seen today
    Title. So yeah, I just started rom hacking using decomp (after my first project corrupted since I used binary) and I'm learning how to work pokefirered...
    I have a few questions regarding how to change some stuff in the game?

1. How do I edit stats, evolution methods(and levels), evs, types, and movepool of Pokemon?
    2. How do I make it so battles are forced to set mode?
    3. How do I make it so you actually cannot use items in battles (held items are acceptable)?
    4. Any good scripting tutorials on Youtube for pokefirered hacking (or maybe decomp in general)?

That's all, thanks in advance!

1. Edit the files in src/data/pokemon
    2. Here is a tutorial for doing that in emerald. Perhaps you will be able to get it to work with Firered too.
    3. Here is a tutorial for doing that in emerald. Perhaps you will be able to get it to work with Firered too.
    4. Here's a scripting tutorial. Here are some videos if you prefer those. You could also look at binary hacking tutorials since conceptually scripting is the same in both binary and decomp, but the syntax is different.

Back