• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen A good team for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2013
    Hi,

This isn't meant to be the ''best'' team, just a team I enjoy playing. If I lose more battles with this team than you I don't really care. =]

Basically, for the purpose of nostalgia I only want to use Kanto Pokemon

Charizard, Blastoise & Venasaur will be in there, so It's the last 3 I need help with.

I do want to try and make it a balanced team, so am trying to fill in the gaps these 3 miss.

My thoughts were Gengar or Alakazam?
    I do have a Machamp, but feel a Golem may be a better choice?
    Lastly I wanted an electric pokemon. Possibly a Raichu as I think they look cool. However, a Magneton would be part steel which could give me an advantage at times

Ideas?

Thanks

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2015
    i agree i love the kanto pokemon i thought i was the only one i think i might skip using the starters slopoke i think is a decent pokemon water/psychic and butterfree is always good with psychic and sleep powder and solar beam,nidoking or sandshrew, sandshrew can be a really good pokemon if you want an electric pokemon why not have starmie who can learn thunderbolt,psychic,ice beam and hyrdo pump?
    slopoke/starmie
    sandshrew/nidoking
    butterfree/pideot
    machoke
    dragonite.
    although tentacruel can be quite cool too

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2013
    i agree i love the kanto pokemon i thought i was the only one i think i might skip using the starters slopoke i think is a decent pokemon water/psychic and butterfree is always good with psychic and sleep powder and solar beam,nidoking or sandshrew, sandshrew can be a really good pokemon if you want an electric pokemon why not have starmie who can learn thunderbolt,psychic,ice beam and hyrdo pump?
    slopoke/starmie
    sandshrew/nidoking
    butterfree/pideot
    machoke
    dragonite.
    although tentacruel can be quite cool too

Some really nice ideas in there. But a few of them overlap the 3 starters. A team including Starmie, Rapidash, Slandslash etc would be nice though. May work on that after

I've gone for Alakazam, Golem & magneton. I think they best compliment Charizard, Venasaur & Blastoise. Means something is resistant against every pokemon.

Years
  • Kanto pokemon I would recommend using are Gengar, Alakazam and Snorlax.
    There are alot of useful kanto pokemon, before you build a tean you need to think first what is your playstyle, and what you are exepting from Venusaur, Blastoise and Charizard(movesets and Item).

URKNightmare

Pallet Town Original
    Years
  • I like the way you are thinking here! I think I would be down for an ol' Kanto showdown. Only be able to use something from the original 151. It would be interesting to play that style again, the new generations do out shine the Ol' Gs. I think some rules would be in order, but I would love to have a showdown.

zygardian harbinger

The One and Only
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2017
    Well, a good team has to have balance. It depends on your Starter Pokemon's strengths and weaknesses for a beginning point. I chose Fennekin, which has Delphox at the end of its evolutionary chain. Delphox has superb Sp. Atk., but a low Atk. and many, many weaknesses as a Fire- and Psychic-type Pokemon: weaknesses to Water, Ground, Rock, Ghost, and Dark. So, to balance it out, I chose to include the event Torchic, since Blaziken is a good, straightforward attacker and is one of the few Pokemon with a Mega Evolution. I also chose Charmander, since Charizard had a good combination of both Sp. Atk. and Atk. Now, as you might have noticed, there is one recurring type in my team: Fire. To balance this out, I put Lapras in my team, which is an HP powerhouse, and I trained its Def. up to make it especially stalwart. To cover for the Fighting-type weakness, I put Pidgeot in my team. Pidgeot is a good all-around Pokemon, so to speak. Lastly, I chose to include Yveltal, since it is a legendary with a lot of power and the Dark Aura ability, which boosts its Dark attacks. The Rock-type I didn't really have to worry about, since Blaziken is a Fire- and Fighting-type. A good team is all about balance in types and in the stats as well.
    Now, to replace Fennekin, I think you should use Alakazam. Alakazam also has a mega evolution, but aquiring the mega stone is post- Elite Four. To replace Blaziken, go for either Hitmonlee or Hitmochan. I would say Machamp, but Machamp is generally a slower Fighting-type Pokemon. Chaizard should stay the same. Lapras and Pidgeot are also 1st-gen Pokemon. And to replace Yveltal, you should make that decision. Use your favourite Kanto-region Pokemon. Just remember type matchups make a huge difference. Sorry if I dragged this out too long, but I hope you find this useful :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    I'd say be a "type trainer". Like how Misty is a water type trainer. It's challenging and fun. I'm a fire-type trainer, myself, because I love the raw power they provide, and I think fire types are just truly magnificent and beautiful. The event Torchic into Blaziken is a damn good pokemon on any team, because of its ability (and some might argue over-powered-ness in stats and mega evolution)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back