• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen A Good Team!!

supermega_boy

Water Master
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 13, 2010
    I need your opinion I want to do a good pokemon team

Here is my starter pokemon: CHIMCHAR

So which pokemon can I put in my team to do a good team?

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    There's no need to bother asking. This is an ingame team, no? Any random Pokemon you catch will be able to beat anything if its levelled high enough.

Years
    this should be in stratiegies and movesets... i think

You think right. :)

Yeah, anyways though...

For a good in-game team, just try to get a big mix of types of Pokemon. Don't have all the same types of moves either. Like for Chimchar don't have: Flamethrower, Flamewheel, Ember, etc. all in one moveset, go for something more like: Flamethrower, Close Combat, Grass Knot, Earthquake. Keep a big mix of moves, and different types of Pokemon.

Fire, Water and Grass always help, a Gyarados for water and Roserade for grass can do good. A flying type, psychic type and rock type will also do good, since they are a great difference in types. Staraptor, Alakazam and Golem will do wonders for ya. Just my opinion though, only thing I really suggest, get different types.

Joey the Cockroach

Dino Crisis will never die!!!!
    Years
    well, if you are starting off, maybe get Budew, Starly, Abra, Magikarp (with exp share) and Shinx because you need different type pokemon and not all the same type.

Joey the Cockroach

Years
    oh yeah i forgot about machop because it learns quite a few good attacks, Cross chop, Vital Throw, etc.

The best attack for Machop is Revenge.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    lol, Sonic. Revenge is one of the weakest moves.

Cross Chop is the the best. Though if this is for future battling, Machamp is a below average pokemon to consider using.

This goes in S&M. *reports*

Joey the Cockroach

Years
    lol, Sonic. Revenge is one of the weakest moves.

Cross Chop is the the best. Though if this is for future battling, Machamp is a below average pokemon to consider using.

This goes in S&M. *reports*

i wouldnt really say so, yeah cross chop is strong and has a high critical hit ratio, 80 damage, and only 5pp.

Revenge is an awesome attack because of its pp, how much damage it can do if hit by a strong attack because the power is doubled.

and also i am not saying moves which are 5pp are useless, im only saying that they are very powerful but the weakness of those moves is the pp.

BodhiGymLeader

The Grass Gym
    Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2007
    go with catching a Budew
    along with Shinx
    plus a Zubat at night.

and then capture a Buizel near Floroma town.

Keep the 6th spot open for anything else. (eggs)

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Cross Chop has 100 Power. 80 Accuracy. and 5 PP

But anyways, if this is for future pokemon battling, Machamp is a pretty much NO due to its low speed stat and below average Defenses.

Overall, Dynamicpunch is the best way to go since Machamp gains the No Guard Ability

Joey the Cockroach

Years
    go with catching a Budew
    along with Shinx
    plus a Zubat at night.

and then capture a Buizel near Floroma town.

Keep the 6th spot open for anything else. (eggs)

you could even have the 6th space free for certain pokemon which learn HM moves for which you dont want your main pokemon to learn. (Rock Smash, Defog, etc.) and also it would be useful for eggs.

Years
    Machamp @ Zoom Lens/Leftovers
    Adamant
    No Guard
    -Dynamic Punch/Cross Chop
    -Earthquake
    -Stone Edge
    -Thunderpunch

Or another one:

Machamp @ Toxic Orb/Life Orb
    Adamant
    Guts
    -Cross Chop
    -Earthquake
    -Stone Edge
    -Thunderpunch

Faceless*

YES!
    Years
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 17, 2013
    Machamp won't be able to sweep or do any serious damage, after all it has 50 Base Speed =( Speed Passing or Trick Rooming Machamp is usually the best

supermega_boy

Water Master
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 13, 2010
    OK here are the 2 main pokemons

Chimchar
    Budew
    buizel(maybe)

To everyone
    What do you think about buizel?

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2008
    Well if you have Wi-fi get the other starters! Either put a pokemon up for trade for it or if you have a pokemon that some1 is asking for do that unless its unreasonable (like a level 25 pikachu for a level 1 turtwig)

Then I'd suggest a elertric pokemon preferably Pikachu but you cant catch that until later in the game so just use Pachirisu or Shinx and evos for now.

Then maybe a... ground pokemon or rock pokemon? Like Onix or Geodude. Only use Geodude if you have a friend you can trust so you can get golem!

Then I guess... a flying type... Maybe starly... becuase starraptor can help you out alot!

That team will help you alot! I think... After you defeat th egame then transfer your pokemon from the old games and make a even betetr mix of them =D

Back