• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A good website maker?

nicoleb

Whannell's hot.
Years
  • Does anyone know of any good website makers? I'm okay with paying a bit of money, but I don't have a lot. ^^ And I don't really know HTML, either. I wanted a nice website design. Not just black balckgrounds. I mean ones you can design yourself.

scolari

spriter god (yes me)
    Years
  • PD Wooper said:
    You're forgetting that dreamweaver and co cost hundreds of pounds, let alone dollars x3
    ;) are you sure? ;)
    or you can do it with one of hte geocities site builders

Yameneko549

Eat hammer!
    Years
  • You can find a good site builder at SnapFiles. Here, I'll give a direct link to the right area:

https://www.snapfiles.com/freeware/webpublish/fwwysiwyg.html

Pay attention to the stars and green bars. They usually point out great programs. There's also a shareware section. Just click the link near the bottom of that page.

I do suggest learning HTML, though. It's extremely easy. Lissa Explains it All (https://www.lissaexplains.com/) and HTML Goodies (https://www.htmlgoodies.com/) are two of the best places to learn, IMO. It only took me about 6 hours to get the basics down when I learned through LEiA.

Good luck with your site, though, no matter what path you take.

nicoleb

Whannell's hot.
    Years
  • Thanks, guys! ^^ I do know the (
    A good website maker?
    ) code. And the opther ones here. But I'm not sure if that counts in other websites.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
  • Dell Dimension 3000: $299 after Rebates
    Notepad: $0
    HTML for the World Wide Web by Liz Castro: $30
    Making your first webpage: Priceless
    ----
    XD Just use Notepad and htmlgoodies.com :P

Golden Groudon

hi i'm golden groudon
    Years
  • About the dreamweaver thing, just plan out your website, download the trial, and start working around the clock.:P

....Noooo! Only one day left! XD

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • It's easier and better in the long run to just learn HTML. It's simple- just a couple of hours should get you the basics. There are hundreds of HTML editors out there for free. I recommend HTML Kit, which is powerful, easy to use, and expandable (plugins).

MalafeX

Typhlosion #1 fan
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    Morkula said:
    It's easier and better in the long run to just learn HTML. It's simple- just a couple of hours should get you the basics. There are hundreds of HTML editors out there for free. I recommend HTML Kit, which is powerful, easy to use, and expandable (plugins).

yeah, html kit is one of the best, it also find some of the errors you do, it has a lot of usefull features.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • But Notepad won't display a lot of stuff right (most PHP documents, i.e. when modding/skinning a forum) and doesn't have prettiful colored tags to keep everything nice and organized and easy to find. XD

MalafeX

Typhlosion #1 fan
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    sometimes when i open with notepad a php file that i want to modified, the script is display all messed up, and with html everything looks great.

Years
  • If you're not that good with html and want to get a decent layed out site up pretty quickly, I suggest searching through some of those free template sites and editing the template, that's quite easy even for a beginner ^_^.

Back