• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen A guide to effective D/P EV training.

Crazy Weavile

Manufacturing a deity
Years
  • We all know what EVS are, right? If not, look them up on Serebii. This guide aims to show not HOW to train, but WHERE to train, and how to keep track.

1. HP: Route 220: With the Super Rod, you can find Lanturn and Chinchou easily... Lanturn provides two HP EVS, and Chinchou one.

2. Attack: Twinleaf Town: With the Super Rod, every Pokemon in the pond provides two Attack EVS. There's also a place to heal nearby.

3. Special Attack: Twinleaf Town: With Surf, you get Psyduck with one Special Attack EV, and Golduck with two Special Attack EVS. There's also a place to heal nearby.

4: Special Defense: Alas, I've no idea where to train for this. Help me out here, please.

5: Defense: Oreburgh Mine: Geodude & Onix. Easy KOs. Move along, now.

6: Speed: Route 225: Fearow and Raticate- 'nuff said.

-Keeping Track-
    You can use the Counter app if you have it, or the Memo Pad. You also can use a bizzare setup with the Calculator, I guess.

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
  • Sweet, thanks a bunch!

-Keeping Track-
    You can use the Counter app if you have it, or the Memo Pad. You also can use a bizzare setup with the Calculator, I guess.

I've always used a Poke's PP as a guide. As in, if you have 20 PP of a certain move, and you fight Pokes that give the same number of EVs, just multiply the number of Pokes/EVs given by the PP used, and bingo. Or, if you're like me, do the math before hand so you know how many PPs have to be used. Granted you get OHKOs, of course.

Pad and pen work much better than relying on a calculator.

Star★Seeker

→s t y l e ;
    Years
  • You should make this more detailed, like after or before obtaining the National Dex.
    Some help:

HP:
    Attack:Bibarel(2 Ev's),Kricketune(2 Ev's)
    Defense:
    Sp.Defense:
    Sp.Attack:Roselia(2 Ev's),Golduck(2 Ev's)
    Speed:Staravia(2 Ev's),Floatzel(2 Ev's)

I will continue helping you on Monday.

Paranoia

FC: 1375 3660 8982
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    A place to find Sp. Def:

Sp. Def: Tentacools (1 EV)
    Routes 205-South, 213, 218, 219, 220, 221 & 222 (Surf) Fuego Ironworks, Iron Mountain, Canalave City, Pastoria City, Valley Windworks (Surf)

Tentacruel (2 EVs)
    Routes 205-South, 213, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 226 & 230 (Surf) Fuego Ironworks, Iron Mountain, Canalave City, Sunyshore City, Pastoria City, Pokémon League, Valley Windworks (Surf)

Source: Serebii

Last edited:

Hippo

Cookie MOnster
    Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2007
    Yeah, the Tentas are the best for spec def.
    And the only really...

It would be great if you did one before and after the national dex, like Neo Shadow said. Especially if you include a few places. I'm near the beginning of the game, but i'd still like to EV train.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
  • wish i memorized the routes and the names of the cities. it's more effective to look for trainers (especially collectors) with a certain pokemon with at least +2 evs.

sp def... D/P is bad with training for sp def evs. basically, there are none. you can go look for some trainers that you can rebattle for sp defense evs, but a majority of them are after the elite four and are at higher levels.

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2007
    For sp def evs, you can battle wild Tentacruel and mantyke in the water above Sunnyshore.

Ketchup n Mustard

I'll have some fries with that
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 25, 2007
    I train in the Old Chateau for Sp Attack EV's, nothing but Ghastlys, and with a GBA game inserted you can get Haunters. But there isn't any place to heal...

Back