• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Knight's Tale: The Order of Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raichu Master

...who?
    Years
    OOC: Just post what your doing while this meeting is going on. I'll be controlling all the Generals except Red Reid.

IC: ?Glenn, you were the last one at Mystric, the outer most kingdom near the wasteland. What are the conditions there?? Alvender asked, his voice firm with a solid resolve. He was clad in splint armor, with the crest of a dragon, it?s wings spread wide and facing away from him, embedded in the middle of the breastplate. His amber colored hair was cut short and messy after being inside his helm all day.

?A group of ogres have been threatening the smaller kingdom by raiding the outer villages that surround it. More and more ogres join the group as we speak. I would dare to say they?re planning on trying to destroy it,? Glenn responded a little timidly. He was the least respect of the Grand Generals, although Alvender had complete trust in his abilities. The others, even the lower generals argued that Alvender only put Glenn in a Grand General position because Glenn was his sidekick during their younger years.

The Order of Night was stationed at Udrath, the inner most kingdom. The allied kingdoms enclose it, so Udrath was the keystone, and it was easy to get to the other kingdoms from there. Mystric and Olson are the closest to the wasteland, Mystric being the closest, and practically part of the border. Kendra and Cenrate were the closest to the 25 other kingdoms that are getting power hungry. Handern?s hope is that he can get the other kingdoms to ally with them.

?That?s stupid!? the half dwarf Edith Grantil grumbled. He was fairly tall for a dwarf, and didn?t have quite as long a beard as most dwarves. Not much is known about Edith heritage, but most agree that he?s a half dwarf, but by the way he talked and grumbled it was easy to say that he was dwarf enough. ?Orcs wer last seen a runnin? fer them hills! Why would ogres be thinkin? they could do anythin???

Slex and Freden were also invited to the conference, knowing that more than three people would be needed to plan out a strategy such as the one they were planning. ?Edith has got a point, Grand Master,? Slex commented.

?Shut your mouth Slex!? a dark voice came from the doorway behind them argued. ?If Glenn says there ogres at the border, then there are ogres at the border!? Slex, Freden, and Glenn turned around in surprise to see who the new comer was. There stood Wulf Karshen, the drow elf. Alvender was the only one not surprised, he had summoned his General to the meeting, and was starting to wonder when he would show.

?I?ll have to agree with the drow, Grand Master,? Freden said as he turned to face Handern.

?The drow has a name, General, or I?ll be down one General, and I?ll be needing a replacement,? Handern warned in a joking sense.

?My apologizes, Grand master. I?ll have to agree with Wulf, is what I meant to say,? Freden corrected with small bow.

?Then Glenn, I want you to take those in your command with you to the border, just incase there is any other underlying powers at work there. Take Elizabeth Defree with you, she?s a very valueable General, and you?d do wise to put her as your second in command for this run. It is 3 days ride from here. Grantil, you take Wulf and Gwen with you, and their soldiers to Kendra to try and figure out what the other kingdoms are up to. Is this understood?? Handern commanded, using his position to bring a measure of control back to the situation. ?Then go, and may the gods with all of you this day and the next to come. Come home safely Generals,? Handern said, which was his customary way of saying the meeting was finished.

* * *​

Jack found his way to his favorite tavern in Udrath: The White Horse. It was the largest of any tavern he laid his eyes on, and was closest to the castle wall, where the headquarters and the bunkers were located. Jack raised his hand once he sat down at the bar, and threw a silver coin down, which prompted one of the people working the table to slid a pint of ale toward him.

Downing it in just one swallow, which drew impressed looks from around him, Jack smacked his lips together in satisfaction. Jack turned around to view the tavern, it was musty with age and smelled of freshly brewed ale, and smoke; Jack?s two favorite smells in the world. He was dressed in peasant clothing, not wanting to show off the fact that he was part of the Order.

OOC: Anyone who still wants to join can do so up until 9:30 EST. That gives everyone a half hour before this closes to applications.

ALL OOC POST AND/OR CONVERSATIONS WILL BE HANDLED IN THE DISCUSSION THREAD I WILL BE PUTTING UP!

Electric Hero

(Lightning) Lord
    Years
    As I wandered around the castle wall with no will to live... I saw a tavern called 'The White Horse'. "White horse?... why not something like... black horse? ... oh whatever" I expressed as I saw the name... and then a man in some peasant clothes entered. "hmm... well... I have nothing to do so... let's enter... I will try not to cause a fight now" I added as I slowly started to walk towards the big tavern. I was wearing my normal and boring clothes.

As I walked in... some strangers started to look at me. "what are you staring at?" I said to everyone looking at me kinda mad. I walked towards the bar and sat down next to the man he saw in peasant clothes. I gave him a strange look like 'I think I know you'... I was in a bad mood... and my feet were sstarting to hurt because I walked so much. "are you going to drink or what?" I heard from the man who gave the drinks. "no... go away" I said in a cold tone.

Flatulus

God of Wind
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Nov 17, 2005
    Transferred again. It always happens. None of them could take a joke or understand me? Still I have heard much about this Red Reid. He seems like the most likable of these generals, even if the stories portray him as useless. Not like such an act can trick anyone who thinks carefully. Just look at how he got selected as general, no one could get there if the way he?s acting isn?t an act. Still I doubt the other generals have seen through it, thus proving how useless they are.

H?ims sat on the grass, legs crossed and eyes closed, and his bow laying to one side of him. His mind may have wandered, but deep inside there was one part which remained focused. A few clouds swirled in the sky above him, centring their spiral directly above him. There were few other clouds in the sky, and the sunlight felt warm on his skin. There was a sudden feeling of something small and cold landing on his skin.

I should be out finding Red, but I can?t be bothered looking around for him yet. He might come looking for me if he?s as smart as I think.

Beside him there was a yelp of surprise from a fox. It was E?tik, H?ims? loyal companion, an average looking juvenile red fox. H?ims opened his eyes instantly to look at what the problem was. It was raining lightly, though the sun still shined brightly because no clouds were blocking it. It was only raining on the spot H?ims was.

?Sorry about that,? H?ims laughed, falling backwards on to the grass. ?I almost panicked when I couldn?t understand what you were trying to tell me. It?s my fault that I can?t focus the ability to understand animals and to mildly manipulate the weather at the same time? I certainly need to work on both my weather magic and using multiple spells at once. Of course that?s only in the perspective of everyone else, I manage fine with my other tricks.?

The rain stopped.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    "Lovely..." Elhan muttered, sidestepping another puddle of unidentifiable sludge on the street as he made his way towards a nearby tavern which, according to the sign, was called 'The White Horse'. The commoners were throwing him suspicious glances, muttering conspiratorily about his spotless robes, his pale skin, and his pointed ears and slender body build as he passed. Mutterings like 'elitist' and 'priss' caught the young half-elf's ears but he purposefully ignored them, pushing up the door and stepping inside.

The crowd inside was not much different from the one outside, although the glaring and muttering was far more open here. Elhan felt his anger buidling as he elbowed himself a path to the counter.

"Oy! Jus' a moment point-ears!" came a gruff voice from somewhere behind Elhan.

"In certain areas that wouldn't narrow down the selection much." the cleric replied, turning around to face the one adressing him, a fairly old and thuggish looking dwarf with tanned skin, a thick, tangled, dark brown beard and a face deformed by numerous beatings. "But I assume you are adressing me, sir?" Elhan concluded, maintaing a purposefully polite voice despite what he really thought about the dwarf.

"Save yer' fancy words point-ears!" the dwarf barked, a projectile of spit flying at Elhan's robes. "This ere' tavern as' a no-elves policy as o' now, so are ya' gonna' leave quietly or will I hafta' force ye' out?" he pulled out an old battleaxe of which all but the blade bore a coat of rust, causing the other nearby patrons to back of.

"Firstly, I'm a half-elf." Elhan replied, eyeing the dwarf with contempt "And secondly, as much as I'd like to gut you were you stand, and believe me I really do, I'd probably end up being the one forced to sew your sorry carcass back together. So why don't we sort this out like gentlemen?"

The dwarf's eyes narrowed in suspicion "Whadda ya mean?" he asked.

"I suggest a simple contest." the half-elf replied "We will both draw each other's weapons, should one fail he will have to leave the tavern. And if we both succed or fail then we settle this in a duel outside. Deal?"

The dwarf eyed Elhan's slender form with a triumphant grin on his face "Hah!" he barked, lobbing of another projectile of saliva "A deal it is. I'll go first!"

"As you wish." Elhan replied, smirking slightly as he held out Moonblade's scabbard. Even though I'll have to disinfect it later... he thought, watching the dwarf's dirty hands.

"Tis' will be a piece of-by Clangeddin's warted arse!" the dwarf's knees buckled under the weight of the sword, forcing him into an awkward kneeling position with his hands firmly pinned to the floor.

"Well..." Elhan said softly, eyeing the dwarf's position "It seems like you've finally gained some manners. Although you should still work on your speech."

The dwarf shot him a murderous look, but the half-elf ignored it as he reached for the dwarf's axe and lifted it effortlessly with his right hand under the watchful eyes of about the entire bar crowd.

"I see you've kept your weapon in good condition." Elhan commented, testing the blade of the axe with his finger as he slowly walked around the dwarf "I bet it could even severe a head with a blow strong enough." he continued conversationaly, giving his opponent a malicious look.

Elhan let him sit there and sweat for a few moments of uncertainity before deciding that this had been educational enough. "I'll relive you of that." he said, putting aside the battleaxe and collecting his sword with ease equal to that which he had shown with the previous weapon.

"Now I believe we had a deal?" Elhan said, arching an eyebrow at the furious dwarf who was struggling back on his feet and reaching for his axe while swearing heavily in dwarfish.

"Deal nothin!" the dwarf barked furiously, bring his axe up for a swing towards the cleric. Elhan was quick to react, pulling out his sword from its scabbard, the blade materializing with a soft hum as Elhan brought it through his opponent's weapon in a graceful arc, neatly cutting through the axe's shaft and causing the blade to fall to the floor with a dull thud, before returning the sword back where it came form.

"I'll give you five seconds." Elhan said coldly, throwing the dumbstruck dwarf a dangerous look. "Use them wisely."

With that, the half-elf turned around and proceeded to the counter, ignoring his opponent's final curses and consequent getaway as well as the shocked stares of his audience.

Last edited:

GoGoTenda

Send me Hate PMs!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2009
    Thunk. A knife had been impaled in a tree all the way to the small hilt which still wavered from the throw. Thunk thunk thunk. Three more trees held three more knives. "Fun, fun. This is fun!" A gnome stood in a small clearing surrounded on all sides by trees of some kind which he couldn't identify (he never really paid attention to botany). Both of his tiny hands held a single dagger. His mouth was smiling slightly and his body was moving back and forth as if dancing. The only thing that might have broken his act were his eyes which were busy tracing imaginary targets. Suddenly, he twisted his body and the gnome released the knife in his right hand. "Gotcha!" The weapon buried itself in a tree trunk at roughly the same height as a human heart.

Almost immediatly, Zook jumped and flipped backwards as the lefthanded dagger was thrown. It sunk into the wood about where a kidney would have been. He landed and ran over to the last target to inspect the hit. "Aw...I was aiming for the stomach. Well...it would have killed him anyway, so I guess that's something." He reached up and pulled the weapon out easily before stashing it away within his jester-like clothing. Zook repeated the action with every knife he had thrown until he had all of his weapons back. He sat on the grass and stared up into the blue sky while his right hand idly played with individual blades. "I was supposed to do something today...what was it? Hm. Wait, I remember! That funny man who said he was a general wanted me to consider joining the Order. And because I have nothing better to do, I said yes. That was a little silly of me. Oh well...there's no point in just sitting here. I'll go find him." Zook sat up and picked a direction to go before running off through the woods.

"Red Reid, Red Reid. Must find Red Reid. Maybe that he knows something. Ooh! He has a fox!" Zook had noticed an elf and a fox nearby, and desperately wanted to meet them. He skidded to a stop, quickly changed directions, then took off running again. The gnome stopped again just before the two and then tried to sneak forward quietly. Walking quietly was not a problem for him; it was not laughing while he thought of what to do next. It's lucky that he's lying down, this will be funny. Once he was in range, Zook suddenly moved his head forward so he was looking straight down onto the elf's. "Hi there! Are you looking for Red Reid too?"

Electric Hero

(Lightning) Lord
    Years
    I suddenly started to hear some noises coming from the entrance of the tavern. I saw a half-elf walking in. Until a dwarf stopped him. I looked at the man next to me and I finally remembered his name. "Jack! your name is Jack... sorry... maybe I need just a little fight... no... no fights" I said... first to Jack... and since the 'sorry' it looked like I was talking to my hands.

I looked again at the half-elf and the dwarf. And he was dealing with the dwarf pretty well... I always wanted to deal with people like that... instead of fighting. I looked back at the man infront of me... and he was giving a strange look. "what are YOU staring at?" I said... kinda loud. He shook his head and went to talk to another person not so far from me.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    "It seems they stare at most anything around here." Elhan commented on the outburst of a nearby man "Although I get the feeling that your shouting isn't exactly making you less conspicious." he turned over to the bartender who was eyeing him cautiously.

"I apologize for the disturbance." The Cleric said.

"S' alright." the bartender grunted, relaxing a bit "Ol' Brynar isn't exactly new to that sorta' bussiness. Will you be having anything then?" he asked, eyeing Elhan's nearly spotless robes hopefully.

"I'm fine, thank you." Elhan replied with a polite smile "I'll just enjoy the atmosphere of this establishment for a while."

"Suit yerself." the bartender replied with a hint of dissapointment and turned to serve his other patrons, mumbling something about strange foreigners under his breath.

Last edited:

Dactylus

Your card has been declined.
    Years
    Reid nodded sagely at the orders, his gruff dwarf mutter acknowledging them. Well, he attempted to nod sagely, accomplishing only a tipsy half bob that veered off to the side, threatening to betray his balance and send him sprawling to the floor. As he analyzed the events that had recently occurred, a small hiccup bubbled from his scabbed lips, and he held up a hand apologetically, trying to stutter some sort of phrase to go with the gesture, but only managing a sort of forced gulp, as if he had a bit too much brandy. So, he and Slex were too skitter off to the boundaries and hold off the enemy, eh? It could be worse, he thought to himself, at least I gots some new recruits.

He chuckled at the thought of the two. One was a cheery, yet slippery, little gnome with a knack for small weapons, preferably pointy ones, if he recalled. The other was a sort of would-be druid, whom he thought could be valuable but didn?t smile upon as he did with the juggler. Such a sly little fellow, which such a cunning personality! Always brings a smirk to me face, tha? one does. Of course, he had also noted Slex?s new warrior, a sort of imposing creature that was often out and about, which probably was the reason they had only met once.

Reid didn?t like him. Not at all. Too sullen and depressed and, the way he saw it, angry with people. People couldn?t help themselves; it wasn?t fair to be mad with their impure hearts. With a start, he remembered where he was and belched out a half-hearted note, swaying slightly, ?Aye sir, but, if ah? may,? at this point he hiccupped again, ?I?m not suh sure about the prese?prez?presa- not suh sure abou? orcs bein? around these here parts, not favlorabale to their little brains, ye? know.?

?Filthy, disgusting, sickening,? murmured the magnificent humanoid creature as he stepped lightly through the squalid streets, avoiding the sides of the road, where dirty peasants routinely dumped large buckets of waste from their broken windows. Thus, as he strolled, shoulders hunched, through the middle of the street, wagons were hurriedly pressed to a side and mules were tugged, whining, away. Nobody wanted to argue with a winged soldier, and no criminal, of which there were quite a few, wanted trouble from the infamous Sylviharu Harugaia. So the pickpockets allowed their nimble hands to explore their own breeches for once, and petty one-coin assassins nervously hid their cumbersome swords as he passed, mumbling.

?Where?s the blasted white horse,? he wondered aloud, silvery voice trailing behind him much like his shoulder-length hair, ?Slex ordered me to fine Moonshire, but how can I find him if I don?t know where the tavern is?? Minutes before, he had asked a passerby whether he had seen the half-elf, providing a deep description, and was rewarded with the name of the establishment he had been heading too.

?Pay up!? came a voice from his left, and Sylv turned to see an armored pikeman pestering a small man in rags, ?you haven?t paid your taxes in three years! You?ve been forgiven thus far because of your service in the past, but now you must pay or face prison, dog!?

?B-but sir, I simply don?t have the money a-and?? his face crinkled up in sadness as his hands wrestled with one another.

?Save your lies, peasant,? roared the official, drawing a mediocre blade from its scabbard, ?you will come with me!?

?NOW!? cried the tiny man in response, and three large, bulky people, one a half-orc, lumbered out from the nearby alleyway and rushed at the terrified tax collector. However, they failed to get within a few yards of their prey before a horribly beautiful sound sliced through the wind, its musical melody ringing across the brick walls; Smite and Purge whistled out of their sheaths, blazing with majesty, and lunged hungrily at the three fools. One thrust swiftly embedded Smite into a chest, then it slashed to the left with amazing ferocity, ripping half the torso askew, before swerving upwards and decapitating the half-orc. Simultaneously, Purge launched three successive hacks across the length of the thirds body, the shredding sounds delighting the sword.

All three fell to the ground in a puddle of their own tainted blood, but before they had touched the stone, the celestial had turned and charged, impaling the soldier and continuing to send one blade across the cheating little miscreant?s ribs.

?Misuse of force,? he whispered to the fallen official, ?failure to comply with law,? he said to the dead overdue man, and, finally, he looked to the triple massacre, ?aiding a criminal.? With that, both blades slipped into their scabbards and Silv continued onward, finally entering the bar he sought after a few more minutes of interrupted searching.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    There was yet another wave of commotion among the patrons as the half-celestial appeared in the doorway. Elhan turned around, his eyes narrowing. Sylviharu... he thought for himself That zealot is always trouble. I wonder what he's doing over here?

Moonblade radiated a small warmth from within its scabbard, concuring with the Half-Elf's opinions and ready to spring to action if need be. Elhan peered closer at the paladin, his armor bore a few bloodstains, indicating that he had 'dispensed justice' as he called it. Or, in layman's terms, commited a smaller massacre.

As a cleric, unmotivated though he was, Elhan felt disgust towards this self-righteous man's utter disregard for the sanctity of life. He couldn't for the life of him understand why someone as wise as Slex Killian would allow this...this lunatic to go free, let alone work for the order. But we're technically on the same side... he reminded himself And he does do some serious damage to our enemies.

Flatulus

God of Wind
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Nov 17, 2005
    ?Yes, I am looking for Red,? H?ims laughed as soon as Gnome finished asking, ?But the point is he has probably already found us and gotten us into his sights. He?ll need to watch us while we think he isn?t if he is to determine our value. Of course I don?t think we should start looking around for where he is hiding, as he?s either hiding too well for us to spot him or he thinks he is thus finding him could ruin his confidence? I mean he?s smart, but he does lack actual skill.?

?Now, I wonder what you think of E?tik, my pet fox? You seem to not mind his presence, but that could be an illusion just as you gnomes like to do? I know for a fact a lot of people don?t like foxes, apparently their smell is unpleasant for humans and they are portrayed as far too cunning for humans to get along with. Of course it?s hard to get an idea of my kinds general opinion of foxes, elves tend not to stick with any stereo types of others because it is miss leading, but I wonder about your kind, the gnomes??

?Still, here?s a trick for you.? H?ims closed his eye, and his body began to morph with ease. He quickly shrunk down, disappearing under the crudely woven material of his clothing. Within seconds he had taken the form of a red fox, almost a perfect copy of E?tik, and stuck out his head out of his pile of clothing that remained after the transformation.

Now lets see how the gnome reacts. No one could go on pretending just to try working as a team for long in these circumstances. It might also surprise Red if he?s watching, but I doubt it as he?s a smart man.

?Yay, play time!? E?tik called out, though it sounded like only a usual fox bark to any how couldn?t understand animals, as he pounced at H?ims in his fox form.

Raichu Master

...who?
    Years
    "JACK!" a woman's voice screamed through all the turmoil that arose from the tavern. "What did you do this time!" she scolded as she pushed her way through crowd. A few thought they could stand in her way as they stood shoulder to shoulder, lustful looks printed on their face.

Already enraged, Elizabeth shouldered passed the well muscled men, pushing them aside with strength neither of the two could match. That was the one deception of this young woman, she was elegant, beautiful and slender, which betrayed the true strength of her voice, and her physic.

"Pardon me, commander?" Jack slurred as he wheeled around to see a fuming Elizabeth literally in his face, standing on her tiptoes.

"Don't give me that crap, soldier! What have you been doing here, that I was sent down to investigate?" Elizabeth growled, who recieved a drunken look from Jack. He hadn't been paying the least bit of attention to what was going on around him. "5 killed, one officer, four civilians. As it is you already have a few of your comrades all hyped. What DID you do!?" Elizabeth went on, as she pointed to Max who was obviously itching for a fight, the half-celestial, and the rest of the soldiers who were in there.

"Cap'n," Jack hiccuped, "I be tellin' the truth when I sayin' I got nothin' to do with them," Jack slurred, swaying back and forth, obviously having too much to drink.

"Easy there, General," a soft voice said softly from behind her. It was Elizabeth's turn to wheel around to see a stout plump man, dressed in a brilliant white rob and a staff that towered him by at least 5 inches. Slex was obviously sent to investigate the goings of the Tavern as well when word got to the Grand Master. "Your soldier had nothing to do with this," Slex said calmly.

Then he turned to the rest of the group. "All military, report to headquarters immediately, and everyone will explain themselves," Slex said loudly, as the crowd suddenly hushed under his rich and soothing voice. "Now go!"

Turning to face Elizabeth, Slex wrapped his stubby fingers around her arm and pulled her back over to Jack and Max. "You better help these two. I'm not quite sure they can make it on their own," Slex said as he turned to leave and make sure the tavern was cleared of military personnel. "Oh and general," Slex said turning around again, "Keep track of you men. It isn't healthy for them to get this drunk, especially before a mission," With that Slex turned around, his robes swirling majestically behind him as he exited the White Horse.

Meanwhile, Elizabeth took the scowled with grace as she willingly helped Max and Jack out of the Tavern. Jack laughed and stumbled all the while, now slurring stuff too unintelligent for anybody to make out what he said.

Electric Hero

(Lightning) Lord
    Years
    "whoa! I haven't done anything!" I said to General Elizabeth as she pointed at me... kinda mad. I stayed there silent all the time until General Elizabeth took us ,both me and Jack, out of The White Horse. When we were out, I took some steps away from my general and looked at her. "I'm not so drunk as you think my General... I'm just..." I started saying until I stared into space... silent for some seconds. I finally reacted and looked back at General Elizabeth. "anyway... to the Headquarters, right? so... let's go!" I added and started to walk slowly. I somehow fell on the ground and stood up quickly. "um... lead the way my General" I expressed.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    Elhan observed the events in silence, not seeing the need to clear up their confusion since none had bothered to ask for his account of the happenings to be given in public. The cleric knew more than well who was behind the killings, and he was sure that Slex knew as well, even though the old man didn't speak of it, or even as much as adress the half-celestial before leaving. Probably knowing that confronting Sylviharu with this in public would only lead him to further misdeeds.

"It seems that this my queue to leave as well." Elhan announced to the crowd in the room after a moment of silence, "Have a good evening gentlemen...and women." with that, he walked out of the tavern after the others, taking a chance to adress Sylviharu on the way "I hope you're proud of your accomplishments this night." he whispered in an emotionless voice as he passed the half-celestial. In full knowledge that he would both hear and understand the meaning of his words. He gave a quick half-bow to his 'audience' before stepping back out on the streets.

Outside, Elhan noticed that general Elizabeth's soldiers seemed to have some trouble in accomplishing the intriciate feat of walking. A faint smile spread across the half-elf's lips as he witnessed the scene, but he kept his distance from the group and didn't comment. Knowing full-well the general's fierce temperament.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back