• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"A-Maze-ing Race" Episode Discussion

Years
  • I liked it, then again, I like every episode.:cheeky: But I do have a question, when Ash starts getting arrogant, some one usually shows up to knock him down a peg or three. Will some one try it with Paul, and if they do, will the lesson take? :\

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2008
    I liked it, then again, I like every episode.:cheeky: But I do have a question, when Ash starts getting arrogant, some one usually shows up to knock him down a peg or three. Will some one try it with Paul, and if they do, will the lesson take? :\

Paul is probably going to take some time to get through to. Unlike the rivals they've had in the past, he seems like the most power-hungry/unfeeling. They'll probably teach him a lesson by the end of this season, but even that may not convince him to change(it might wake him up a bit though or at least make a point).

That's what's so interesting about him though. He's a complete and total jerk, the total opposite of everyone else.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Ash also commanded Piplup and Brock commanded Staravia. The team's Pokemon have ALWAYS been shared between them. I don't call that foreshadowing.

So...nobody noticed the different TR motto? I actually found it to be a bit clever. They also had some other golden lines in the show, like Jessie's during the first blast-off. Paul was also pretty random in the show and not really needed...just another way to make him look mean.

Oh, and breaking the fourth wall near the end of the show...um...Focus Punch & Double-Edge, anyone? They weren't really trying...and how exactly could Ash know which spot to aim for? All Brock told him was to aim for "this spot."

Aside from all of that, though, is the reason why they went through all of it: Coin Toss. They went through that whole, entire crazy maze JUST FOR A POKETCH APPLICATION THAT FLIPS A COIN. I cannot stress enough the sheer absurdity of this. What, they can't even find a coin lying in the street!??

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    When I watched it, Pikachu did have a voice except from it was placed so it looked like Ash was saying "Pikachu" XD

Back