• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A new move I want to test out

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2024
    Hey there everyone!
    While developing my fan game, I made some new moves and just wanted to share one of them for usage. So feel free to use it for your own game (No Credits needed).
    Feedback and bug reports are always nice. :)
    The move is a more competitively viable alternative of Metronome. It essentially chooses a semi random status move out of a pool that is determined by clauses in the individual battle (f.ex. weather, items, types...). I'm especially looking for ways to improve its "AI" and also make its code shorter so please tell me about any ideas you guys might have.

WARNING: Implementing this move could take some time and effort!

There are two versions of this because I'm using a field effect system similar to Reborn's and also added some custom stuff to my game.
    Link to Reborn: https://www.rebornevo.com/forums/

Implementation
    1.First add this to your moves.txt:
    Spoiler:

2.Change YYY to the next number following the previous move
    3.Then add either the first or second code block at the bottom of your Move_Effects Script.
    I couldn't find Aurora Veil or Sticky Web in the vanilla essentials script (probably mb) So you have to alter its function code in your sript, but that will be explained in the following step.
    1. VERSION
    Original (with custom stuff)
    Use this version only if:
    -Your game is up to date until gen 8
    -has Reborns field effect system
    Otherwise use the second batch of code!
    After inserting the code, Press Ctrl+F to open the search window and type in : #$%
    Then read, check and alter every line it found (else it won't work):
    Spoiler:
    2. VERSION
    Adapted for "normal essentials" (I hope so at least)
    There could be some things I missed. If not, this should work with 17.2.(up to gen 5)
    After inserting the code, Press Ctrl+F to open the search window and type in : #$%
    Then read, check and alter every line it found (else it won't work):
    Spoiler:
    Because I'm new to all this, general formatting advice is also appreciated . :)
    Have a nice day!

Back