• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen A New Set of Pokemon

Do You think there will be a new set of Pokemon(100+)

• Yes

Votes: 58 92.1%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 5 7.9%

• Total voters

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    maybe... although it should evolve into something more beautiful like that one ugly spotted brown fish turns into that long beautiful, pokemon. forgot teh names.
    OYE! You just insulted the cool, cute, beatufiul and strong Feebas >D[/OFFTOPICNESS]

I personally wouldn't like to see more than 50 new Pokémon or so, but knowing Nintendo we'll probaly get about 100 new Pokémon, so yes, I do think they will have a ''complete'' set of new Pokémon for the D/P games.

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    I dunno why people slag off Ruby/Sapphire for being unoriginal, there's plenty of originality out there (Chimecho is an example, as is Castform). Anyway, there are plenty of things which can be made into Pokemon, I mean, a lot of them are based on real-world animals, and real legends (yes, even the Regis, they are golems. Not to be confused with the Pokemon Golem, either :-p). So, there's bound to be a lot more that they will do, and a lot more that can be done in the future. We'll probably be pushing around 500 types in total with D/P, which just adds more to the games, especially when it comes to competitive battles.

Years
    In my opinion there are gonna be 114 new Pokemon in order to be in total 500. It's a nice number (neither big nor small). Well, all we have to do is to wait anyway :P

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2007
    On topic: 100 new pokemon would be cool but they need to let atleast 250-300 pokemon to be catchable

Off topic:
    what i like to see is a much bigger game. not get 8 badges and win the league. yay there is nothing to do more then just catch a legendary and do nothing. My opinion is do more cups mabey from kanto till the new region and try orange islands too. All they have to do is let the pokemon lvls go higher like 150 or 200 or so. that means that the last league can have pokemon like lvl 110 or something mabey higher

Yumago

Santa Claws
    Years
    I don't think that'll fit on the cartridge, because my guess is that they'll mainly go for a graphical makover, not make the game bigger. They'll probably just get the maximum out of the DS cartridges by using graphics and keep the rest relatively standard.

And It's true that they've reached a certain line now when it comes to Pokémon design, they're running out of ideas. The DP Pokémon are all (pre-) evo's except for Rucario and that music note bird. I think that that shows their desperation. It's very likely that they won't make a lot of reasonable pokémon games after DP and that those genertions will mainly be for a younger audience, not for the older players.

Angle-san

Don't Worry Little One
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Oct 20, 2007
    yea i think they can make a whole new 100 pokemon most Pre Evol's
    maybe they well give snorlax a new form

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    yea i think they can make a whole new 100 pokemon most Pre Evol's
    maybe they well give snorlax a new form
    Why would Snorlax get two new forms in the D/P games? It seems pretty pointless to me -.-
    how are you ment to make it a challenge if you just have the same pokedex?
    Trading 365 Pokémon over to another came can be quite agonizing, if you don't believe me, try it yourself. I have never had a complete Pokédex, but 6 trades at a time takes a long time too, so...

Years
    • it/its
    • Seen Nov 26, 2022
    I've begun to think that they're going to make it like R/S where there was a mixture of old and new pokemon. Two pokemon that are apparently going to make some sort of appearance are Mantine and Snorlax. (I have a hunch that you'll be getting Tamanta with a sea incense and Munchlax with a lax incense...) I'm also hoping that they bring back Bellsprout/Oddish version exclusives (Bellsprout for Diamond and Oddish for Pearl), and that you'd have a safari zone extension with kanto pokemon like Chansey and Tauros...

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    I was mad that when Hoenn came, they got rid of certain Kanto/Johto pokemon though of course when FR/LG came out you could trade Pkmn like the Polis through to Hoenn. If they make like 200 total pokemon in the P/D pokedex like they did in Hoenn..I'd have mixed issues. But overall I'm sure they'll have another 100 new pokemon, maybe more. And I sure hope they let you "start over". Like in Emerald version, when you complete your Hoenn Pokedex, you get to choose from one of the 3 Johto Starters. But it's not like you get a new journey in a new place, just another pokemon to level up, evolve and store for future reference. You should be able to start another journey in a new land with a new starter BUT get to keep your pokedex, like if you caught Geodudes in the old world, you still have them just can't use them yet. (You could have a choice after finishing one journey when you want to start another.)

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2012
    Dark Venusaur said:
    It may seem pointless but you never know. But I can't imagine Snorlax's evolution. Just think of it he is already fat.

:t003:Dark Venusaur

Hey, Chansey was already fat and they made an evolution of it, lol

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    Trainer_Kris said:
    Hey, Chansey was already fat and they made an evolution of it, lol
    I know what you are trying to say but I am talking about weight wise not how they look.
    Snorlax is over 1000 pounds
    Chansey is about 76 pounds and Blissey is about 103 pounds.
    But I hope that they don't put over 25 evo's and over 10 pre evo's

Zone

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2006
    Dark Venusaur said:
    What's a heron

A heron is a bird.

And there will definately be a new set of Pokemon. Anyone who thinks there won't be is a fool.

:SuperStar:

«:SuperStar: forever.»
    Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2007
    hey guys i thought of something in all pokemon games they added something eg(gold pokegear,ruby pokenav,leaf green fire red fame checker)do u reckon they'll be new main items???BTW pearl is so hot:S

Back