• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A NEW SPECULATION: Pok�*�n Diamond/Pearl/Gold/Silver

pmape09

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2006
    I know your probably thinking "no nintendo isn't re-releasing Gold & Silver" but it hit me when I was thinking about something.

Ya'll know how following Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald was FireRed/LeafGreen which was with the same type of graphics, features, but different pokes and maps. Well... what if they were saving Gold & Silver re-releases (since they have day/night feature, and certain stuff lol) to have the same type of graphics as Diamond/Pearl so they were saving them for the DS. I was thinking it would've been cool if they did.

Because think, G/S/C covers kanto too, so you could be able to trade over 200 old pokemon to the new games.

Let me know everyone's thoughts on this.

Fl0W:HHGURU

Used to be pokEMOn UseR =]
    Years
    But we dont know what graphics Diamon and Pearl will have. I asume they will be better or atleast the same standered as FR/LG/R/S/E. But to see G/S/C in this type of format would be very strange.

Yivyn

Wave Guiding Prince of the Sea
    Years
    That's quite a good estimate...it's possible, or they ARE working on it for GBA and not releasing information about it.

Years
    For the past while, I've had this "time hypothesis" going on. (I bet a bunch of other people think the same thing, but still.) It's that Ruby/Sapphire take place during the same time period (ie. 1996) as the original Red/Green/Blue/Yellow. (Obviously, FR/LG also take place during this same time period.) The reason for the lack of many features from G/S/C in Ru/Sa/Em was to keep things parallel. They were rebooting the series, perhaps to justify the change of key data structures making things incompatible.

It follows that the next generation would take place in a time period 3 years after the previous, as did the second generation to the first. This puts D/P in the same time frame as G/S/C, justifying 4th-gen G/S/C remakes. (I suspect that these remakes might actually be for the GBA. Nintendo has stated on many occasions that they don't want the DS to replace the GBA, yet moving Pokémon exclusively to the DS would do just this. This would give players only with GBAs a taste of the fourth generation, while not holding it back by keeping it on the aging handheld platofrm. Who knows? It's possible that they might do a simultaneous Diamond/Pearl/Gold remake/Silver remake release, placing version exclusives on each. You'd better start saving up!)

Back