• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

a photo will last forever in your memory ♥ forever's gallery

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
    Years
    Ohmygod. I love love LOVE blur and centrepeice. They look really... contrasted, bright and prettyful. <3 Good job Nica. :3

WonderGirl

Bye bye :(
    Years
    OMGOMGOMG!!

Spoiler:

CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE!!!!!!! :3

Lol what camera do you use by the way?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Nice! Thanks for sharing. It's cool you brought your creativity to PC.

No...problem!

OMGOMGOMG!!

Spoiler:

CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE!!!!!!! :3

Lol what camera do you use by the way?

A kodak camera~

Ohmygod. I love love LOVE blur and centrepeice. They look really... contrasted, bright and prettyful. <3 Good job Nica. :3
    Really? I thought they were too bright. XD

Ah, I thought you had a DSLR body with interchangable lenses, my mistake. Though some of those definitely look like they were shot with nicer glass than a point and shoot.

I think you have an for composition, but here's a challenge, just take a few seconds/minutes before each of you next shots and think about how it'll turn out and what you could do prior to make it better. It'll make a much better photographer in the long run. I also think you could definitely benefit from a DSLR, the control over shutter and aperture could definitely help you make some more artistic photos, but you're doing quite well for a point and shoot.

Nah, just a boring camera. XD

Mhm, I'll do so. Aaand... as for DSLR, I assume they're expensive so... D;

Ah Nica, you've always had a good eye for photography. XD

Anywho I love pretty much all of your work, not to be biased. And I don't think you use a fancy camera if I recall, so your photography is pretty amazing. You have a fair few images, so I'll just comment on the ones that caught my eye the most. :3

https://i.imgur.com/XQNns.png
    I love the colours in this image, and how the background is blurred out, making the middle flower piece stand out more.

https://i.imgur.com/R7Md1.png
    The Pray mantis is my favourite insect, and I have never seen a brown one to be honest. XD I love it though, it's adorable.

https://i.imgur.com/3kTLP.png
    And your dog Cuba, he's also adorable, I'd just like to point that out. Haha.

https://i.imgur.com/dsCcH.png
    And I love this, the position is just amazing. :3

And yeah, you should take more pictures, maybe of other things either than flowers and stuff, they are pretty never the less! But more variety would be nice. XD ahhh don't shoot me ily

I totally would! ...except I don't get out much, lol. When I do, I will!

ily2maly
    You heard my thoughts on your first set of photos, and my favorites on these, but I'll go ahead and critique. :3

Yellow
    I rather like this one. The flower's bright color stands out against the ground. The lighting is good enough to help the flower stand out, but not to the point where it's blinding. The little black spots twirling around the center of the flower draws attention right to the flower, which is amazing since it's your focal point. Great job on this one. <3

Sepia
    Now this one is interesting. The sepia effect you used definitely helps to bring out the focal point, but what would have really made this perfect is if you left the color on the focal point [the plant], and kept the sepia on the rest of the picture.

Delicate p2
    To be perfectly honest, I prefer the original Delicate. The original had just one tiny plant sticking out from the rest of the growth, with the lighting on it just right. This one lacks lighting, color, and an actual focal point. The "delicate" flowers just seem a tad over excessive in this one.

Centerpiece
    Despite the flower not being much bigger, nor looking different from the rest, it does stand out. It's in the center of the photo, and the rest of the flowers and plants are blurred out to draw even more attention to the centerpiece. It's a lovely photo, and one of my favorites in this batch~.

Nothing Special
    There is something that is actually very special in this picture. From an outsider looking in, the background behind this flower looks very much like a little pond and a somewhat waterfall effect due to the blur above it. It has a wild feel to it that is so hard to get with a picture from your own yard.

It's a Beetle
    Haha, that's very adorable. I like how it's black contrasts yet flows with the concrete. Very simple, and I wouldn't have it any other way. :3

Have a Flower
    Just like from the "Nothing Special" photo, you recreated yet another wildflower feel. The flower is big, it's bright, it's beautiful. The background is very grassy and has that feel of being out on a walk in a forest that I love so much. <3

"Bad" but oh well
    To me, this one isn't bad at all. I love the ground view that you used. It makes the flowers feel powerful since you can see how they stand so proudly almost. The sun's light is a tad bright, but from the point of view you used, it gives a more natural "above" feel.

Blur
    As you said, it is a little over bright. But, sometimes that's not a bad thing. Like in this case it looks fine to me.. though not the best picture of this batch, it's definitely one of a kind.

As for sepia, I'm....yeah I don't think it's possible to do that with my camera. XD

Um, yeah, I realised that with Delicate 2. D:

And the bad one, yeah figured the sun wasn't a positive, but the idea was okay, so yeah. XD;

Soo much nice comments. XD;

Silver

Kyle
    Years
    Nah, just a boring camera. XD

Mhm, I'll do so. Aaand... as for DSLR, I assume they're expensive so... D;
    Eh, not horribly. You can get an entry level Canon Digital Rebel XS for ~$400 - $550 as a kit with an 18-55mm lens.

As for sepia, I'm....yeah I don't think it's possible to do that with my camera. XD

What you would do, is take the photo in color, pull it in to photoshop, add a sepia filter to the photo, then use the history brush to return the color to the area's you'd like to not be sepia. Or something to that effect, I can't be bothered to go do a test run to figure out the exact workflow for that.

Last edited:
    Back