• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] A Pokétale Spinoff: The Legend of the Glitch Deleter

MegaTorterra2

Glitched trainer
Years
  • A POKETALE SPINOFF: THE LEGEND OF THE GLITCH DELETER

Before beginning to talk about the game, i want to explain that the title. It is called A Pokétale spinoff because this is a spinoff of another fangame i started making but i was temporarily stopped by the lack of tilesets i liked. So i started this one, where I will use regular tilesets, to avoid wasting years for nothing again. That said, you don't need to know the plot of the other game to play this one.
    Let's now talk about the plot.

PLOT (eng)
    Spoiler:

FEATURES
    -Travel across Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unima, Kalos (maybe) and the Iride Archipelago!*
    -Every region was devastated by the glitches but,while some places started to recover and to return to normality, others are completely abandoned to themselves: explore the world like you've never seen it before!
    -All pokemon up to 7gen are coded, but you won't be able to catch 'em all (sorry).
    -Added Fairy type
    -added a new type: the Glitch type
    -New forms for many pokemon!
    -Mega evolve your pokemon in battle!
    -Travel through time to discover the origin of the glitches, the power of the spiritombs and more!
    -There are no gyms or badges**
    -Backstory avaliable in the "Adventure" section of the intro, which can be also seen from the main character's house.
    -There are little Easter Eggs in the game, which can be simple quotes from books/tv shows/videogames or secrets which can unlock a new area (for example, there is a quote in the professor's intro and a secret which allows you to enter the house next to the player's one)
    - Main character uses Sprites and Ows from HGSS
    -No town map/ fly (If you travel through time that would be a mess to use, don't you think?)
    -Teleport system to replace fly
    -Important dialogues have mugshots (Not sure about this, it's a bit hard to do every time)
    -Only one starter to choose, which you'll get on route 1
    -HMs have been replaced by items
    -New items, including a special ball to catch glitch-type pokemon!
    -New pokemon forms: Iride forms, Glitched forms, Primal forms and some new mega evolutions!

* You can travel across all the regions, but you can't explore them completely. You'll often be able to visit only a couple cities for each one.
    ** Even tough there are no gyms in the "present", you can challenge gyms in the past, but there will be no pokemon league, so it's optional.

CHARACTERS:

-Main Character
    (Since i'd like to separate the male character's story from the female character's one, consider this part as the male character's one. If i fail to split them, this will become the same for the female one.)
    Spoiler:

-Erina
    Spoiler:

-Hawk
    Spoiler:

-Skylar (who is NOT Skyla from Unova)
    Spoiler:

May's presentation and those below hers contain a few spoiler

-May
    Spoiler:

-Mr. Moore
    Spoiler:

-Elesa
    Spoiler:

Screenshots:
    Spoiler:

Credits:
    Essentials's creators
    MegaTorterra2
    Lex@97 from pokemonhacking, for "Glitcher"'s script
    Deo from Reliccastle, for HGSS Trainer Battle Sprites
    The sprites resource, where i took some sprites and mugshots
    Crazyninjaguy for some sprites
    Zeak6464 for kanto, johto, hoenn e sinnoh maps
    Marin for HM items
    IvanFGK from pokemonhacking for advices and improvements to Erina's ow
    Oroshibu and Smiley-Fakemon from Deviantart for Mega Crobat's sprite
    brainflakes from youtube for some ost i used
    Musikage from youtube for various musics
    A few people from Reliccastle whose name i forgot for 4 and 5 gen sprites and OWs (I'll add them soon)

Download:
    Spoiler:

I also want to say that English is not my native language, so let me know if there are grammar mistakes so I'll correct them.
    I am doing all this work alone, so if you know how to work with essentials 18.1 or rpg maker and you want to give a hand pm me!

Now, I'll add a few things that weren't told above, since I added this stuff after creating the topic I just translated here.
    - New feature: Glitched tiles. These are events like rocks or small trees with a custom texture and they randomly look around at max speed, making them look "glitched". Here's an example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6A8PLzv1C4
    - I discovered that Janine is Koga's daughter too, so now I'm currently thinking about making Janine Erika's daughter too or making Koga a Don Juan.
    - I talked about new abilities, right? But what about new terrains? I added the Glitched Terrain, a terrain that works like grassy terrain if you're a glitch-type, but if you use a non-glitch pokemon, the terrain will hurt him at the end of the turn.
    - I also posted a video about a new primal form with a new ability. Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRedYcaA210

A last thing, i tried to use the "Youtube" feature of the forum, but it says the video can't be played. if anyone can explain me what went wrong i'll replace the links with videos. Aand... that's all for now (I think)

Last edited:

MegaTorterra2

Glitched trainer
    Years
  • It's been a while since i posted here... The truth is i didn't have much time to work on the game in this period, but i made a few little updates, since the last time, which i forgot to post here too. Here they are:

I already talked about new abilities, but i never showed them.
    The first one is Glitcher, alredy introduced in The Seal of Spiritomb, which increases the power of glitch-type moves by x1,5.
    Then we have True Justice, which is the glitch-type version of Justified: If a pokemon with this ability gets hit by a glitch-type move, his attack goes up by one stage.
    No Glitch Zone is some sort of Levitate, but that makes the owner immune to the Glitch type. The problem is that i didn't find Levitate in the abilities scripts, so i created it by modifying the code of Water Absorb instead. There is the chance of this ability not working correctly right now.
    At last, Glitch Realm is a very dangerous ability. A pokemon entering the field with this ability, sets un Glitched Terrain for 5 turns.
    King Crimson. This is the exclusive ability of Celebi's new form and i spent really a lot of time working on it. In the beginning it multiplied by 3 Celebi's Evasion, but that was too broken. Then i tried various other effects always related to evasion, but i wasn't satisfied.At last, i chose to give it this effect: I boosts evasion by really a lot (i don't remember the exact multiplier, but it's more than 6 stages) only against priority moves. This way the only priority moves able to hit him are moves that don't check evasion with boosted priority (unless you have an INSANE amount of luck).
    That's all regarding the abilities.

Now let's talk about the game itself. I was asked to show an ingame event, but i didn't have the time to finish and record it. Instead of this, i worked a bit on some other things.
    First of all i defined the plot better, deciding which places and which era the mc will visit. They are actually all pretty close to the times of the original games, but since this game is set in the future, he'll still travel back by about a century. So, before the end of the day i'll add some new characters to the main topic, but their descriptions will have some spoilers on the plot.
    Moreover, thanks to some resources i found on the net, i have the full map of kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh, interiors excluded. This really reduced the size of the work that needed to be done, or at least until i discovered that the tilesets used had no beach tiles, so half Hoenn is missing tiles.
    Anyway, i decided to ignore that for now and i finished the "Violet city in the past" map.
    Spoiler:

(Yeah, i swithced to HGSS tiles, since the resource i found used them).
    As you can see, there isn't the trainer school and there's some tall grass here and there. The Sprout Tower is closed for renovation but there are a few more houses. The gym is new, so the interior will change. You can't do much here, aside battling Hawk, but in one of the houses there's a Tutor that teaches you an ice type move compatible with your starter (pokewood intensifies, lmao). In Johto, I plan to make explorable the rectangle formed between Violet City and the Ilex Forest, with a few side routes (you can visit Mr. Pokemon for example).
    At last, i'll recreate Erina's Sprite to adapt it to the HGSS style and i'll probably update the old maps with the new graphics.

Last edited:

MegaTorterra2

Glitched trainer
    Years
  • Thanks for the interest!
    Well, the game is in early development, since i'm doing most of the work alone and i started it about 6 months ago. Moreover, in June i have the final exam to graduate from high school, so i think i'll probably do much more during summer than right now.
    Right now i'm working on the maps and the sprites for the demo, then i'll move to events.
    I'd say that the hardest thing are probably trainers, because it takes a lot of time to add them in the game.

Also, i added the new characters' presentations

Back