• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Pokemon MMORPG is what Nintendo needs!

PokemasterDX

Pokemon Master! Can prove
    Years
    That would be awesome to have Pokemon as an MMORPG! Create your own character and go online and battle till the crack of dawn!!! It could be almost as addictive as Everquest! Too bad Nintendo is against the whole online suff. Forget the GBA for Pokemon and take it online! A feature to get your hard captured Pokemon from your older versions would be awesome too! And make the levels go higher! 100 isn't enough! Pokemon should also have better stats so battles can last longer and be more stratigic!

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I totally agree, and this game needs to be on the DS too!! the little thing's online capabilities are awesome when you're close enough to a hot spot...

BTW, wrong forum, I'll move it for ya though...

Missie Moonshadow

Beginner Pok?mon Groomer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2011
    That sounds awsome. But if it's online then maybe they should make it for PC. That would make more sence. Oh and the fact that I have yet to buy another Nintendo gaming system. ^^; I like PC and PS2 better.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Nintendo'll never make any software for PC. Unless they start making computers... then they could start to rival Microsoft O_O But for the time being, I don't think they'll be doing anything PC based. If they do decide to do one, it'll definitely be on the DS or the GameCube with a broadbadn thingy, or the N5 if it has net capabilities.

Brittany

Back?
    Years
    Mr Cat Dog said:
    Nintendo'll never make any software for PC. Unless they start making computers... then they could start to rival Microsoft O_O But for the time being, I don't think they'll be doing anything PC based. If they do decide to do one, it'll definitely be on the DS or the GameCube with a broadbadn thingy, or the N5 if it has net capabilities.
    I don't think Microsort is even a rival to Nintendo. They already admitted defeat when Bill Gates said they would buy Nintendo(if the chance ever came about, which will never happen XD)

Years
    Why can't with Diamond and Perl have basically an MMORPG except you don't have to be online all the time to play it. You can go online whenever you want. Nintendo could basically release the game with a free subscription and still produce revenue.
    I'd personally love to have an MMORPG Pokemon game. It would be so fun. Finally an MMORPG that I would rule at!
    I would love the game to be online it would beat anything!!! Personally Pokemon Fire Red And Leaf green would be my favourites to play online...

Monzae

Poison Technician
    Years
    there is one that is kinda like the Pokemon games at

tppcrpg.net

It's a big Pokemon roleplay site...but its much more difficult than the game..but a MMORPG would be sweet!

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2005
    hmmm.. My friend works really well with Panda3D (a python usually used for games, 3d, online program) and he wants to start a game. Ill see whats possible (although the first version u might be battling pandas hehehe)

PoKeSaFaRi

Former PokemonSafari Webmaster
    Years
    Nintendo isn't against online capabilities, in first place, because GAMECUBE has them, and so does NintendoDS.

The matter is that Internet it's not THAT widespread still (at least not in Europe), so investing on Online games could be risky for Nintendo and cut down their benefits in case it worked out wrong.

Still, there are good online games such as Phantasy Star Online, and other future games planned for NintendoDS that could possibly include online capabilities.

I'm pretty sure that Nintendo will eventually do a MMORPG for Pok?mon, it's just a matter of time.

Remember when everyone asked for a 3D RPG? Well they did Colosseum...so it's more or less the same kind of thing.

Absolkid

The best Absol Trainer!
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Sep 2, 2005
    Now that's an idea! You could train your pokemon and battle trainers on the other side of the world!

Back