• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen A Pox Upon the Safari Zone and Abra!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cenzo25

Disciple of Red
    Years
    So, today, I am in the HeartGold Safari Zone catching Trade Fodder Pokemon to trade with my Pearl version. I am down to one final Safari Ball, and whaddaya think happens? A SHINY FLIPPIN' ABRA shows up! I throw my ball and... Two nods from the ball and I am thrown outta the Zone... *Sigh...* So now, I have become the Abra Angel of Death, killing all Abra who stand in my way. This leaves me with two questions for y'all:

1: Is there something wrong with me for trying to exact vengeance upon all Abra?

2: Anyone else had anything like this happen to 'em in HGSS yet?

If this in the wrong forum, please, move it. The HGSS forum just seemed like the best place for my tirade...

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2011
    i do not blame you for taking revenge even tho it is not the abras fault but pokemon are meant to be killed anyways

RuRuBell

Beeef
    Years
    I did the opposite, actually. Raticate seem to be especially angry at me in SS and keep making my Pokemon faint, so in the Safari Zone I kept throwing mud at every Raticate I encountered.

I saw a shiny Onix in the Safari Zone the other day. It got away, though. Dx

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    I haven't encountered a shiny in HGSS yet. But yeah I can understand why you'd get pissed.

Years
    Ow, that's sad... :(

My only shinies were one shiny Graveller on Emerald, two shinies geodudes in DPPt (what with the geodude family?). And one shiny Golbat in HG. I defeated the Graveller using Brick Break. I really didn't know fighting was super-effective againt rock ¬¬ And with the Golbat, i was thinking if I wanted to try to capture Articuno or not. I choosed to not battle it. In a few steps, I encountered the Golbat. Whew. If I decided to try capturing Articuno, I won't get the Golbat. Then I looked at Crobat shiny sprite... okay, if it only was a little darker pink...

ahungryhamster

Custom User Title
    Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2018
    See, this is why I avoid using the Safari Zone. I know one day I'll find a shiny there, and it'll get away or I'll run out of balls. Then my DS would likely meet the same fate as my GBA SP (don't ask, it had to do with me getting pissed at something in Pokemon Fire Red).

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    My only shiny was in Diamond. (Shiny Machoke ^.^)

But yeah this is one of the reasons I avoid the safari zone....I hate how it works.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    I thought about this thread for awhile, however the basic topic of this seems to be covered elsewhere in various other threads here. For one, your encounter with the Shiny Abra would have fit better in the HG/SS - Travel Journal. As for the discussion on shinies people capture in HG/SS, then the Official HGSS Shiny Pokémon Thread would be best to use. So, with all that considered, I don't see the need for this anymore.

I just hope that doesn't happen to me though. I've always been worried about encountering shinies in the Safari Zone and then they either run away or I run out of Pokéballs. D:

Closed

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back