• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Question Regarding VIZ Media's Publication of Pokemon Adventures

Years
    Hello

I just have a pretty simple question about the future of the Pokemon Adventures manga which has been publicized by VIZ Media, but first, some background.

I read the first two volumes of this manga series a really long time ago when they first came out. Recently, I found out that the manga is still available after seeing the first 5 volumes being sold at a local book store. I've been trying to track down the English translations of all the manga volumes up to 15 (I'm not really interested in anything after the Gold, Silver and Crystal series) so that I could pick up from where I left off, but I'm having trouble locating any English versions after Volume 11.

According to Bulbapedia, Volumes 11 and up have not been published in English and that 9 and 10 have only recently been published. Will VIZ Media continue to publish Pokemon Adventures past Volume 10? Also, are the scans of English Pokemon Adventures found on sites like MangaFox simply Japanese volumes with English translations pasted over the speech bubbles?

Thanks in advance for any responses

Benjamin510

The King of Typio's!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2016
    Ci yaung, Makes translations into actual books. but I always hate the fact that they misnamed to people.

Years
    I'm going to assume you're referring to Chuang Yi. Thank you for the response. Up until your post I hadn't even taken the time to check whether Chuang Yi published in English after assuming all their mangas would be in Chinese only.

I went to their site and it looks like they've published everything in English up until Volume 33, which is excellent. I will look into this.

Thanks

Last edited:
    Years
    Thanks for the reply Mileyangel. Yeah, I was considering doing that, but unfortunately, I live in the United States and after contacting their staff I found out they do not ship to where I live due to copyright issues.

Mileyangel

Inuyasha Fan
    Years
    I know how you feel. I've tried to buy off the Chuang Yi website, but for some reason, it never lets me order....

Have you tried eBay? Personally, I've never bought anything off there yet, but they have a ton of the later volumes, available in English, up for sale. You don't even have to bid on some of them. The only drawback is that they don't have all of the volumes INDIVIDUALLY for sale, meaning, you can only find buy of them in bulk. However, since you said you're not very interested in anything past volume 15, I'm pretty sure that most of the books in that area are available. It's worth checking out. Hope I helped.^_^

Years
    Yeah I found a seller on Ebay that is selling all of them up until volume 15 but he's charging like 10 for shipping and handling + the fee for the book itself. Worth it?

SuperLink

Lost focus when she dissed me!
    Years
    Personally I'm not sure it's worth so much money to get the Chuang Yi volumes, especially since the Viz volumes are under half the price.

I'd buy the Viz versions that are available, maybe wait for the Viz ones being released soon, and buy the Chuang Yi versions of the volumes that were censored (like Volume 3). If you're really desperate for all of them you could get the Chuang Yi versions of volumes that Viz won't release for years, but personally I'm ok with reading them/summaries online until Viz releases them so they're easy to find and affordable.

Years
    buy the Chuang Yi versions of the volumes that were censored (like Volume 3)

Oh yeah. I read your article on the whole censorship of green's battle with Sabrina (at least I think it was yours). I completely forgot about that even though that is kind of important to me.

I'm not that impatient, so as long as I can get the Viz Media copies of up to volume 15, (and the CY copy of the censored volume) I'll be fine. It's just that I'm really scared that Viz Media has stopped or will stop publishing Pokemon Adventures. Although, it sounds like you're saying that they will continue publishing them for some time, so I just hope you're right because I think I'll take your advice, SuperLink.

Thank you for all the replies and help guys!!!

SuperLink

Lost focus when she dissed me!
    Years
    Oh yeah. I read your article on the whole censorship of green's battle with Sabrina (at least I think it was yours).
    Yeah I made a thread about it. Someone else did too. As much as it bugs me I'm not sure if I'll even bother getting the Chuang Yi version, they're not exactly easy to get a hold of.

It's just that I'm really scared that Viz Media has stopped or will stop publishing Pokemon Adventures. Although, it sounds like you're saying that they will continue publishing them for some time, so I just hope you're right because I think I'll take your advice, SuperLink.
    Volume 8 is set for publication in August, and even the unpopular Zelda manga is still being published, so unless there's another huge drop in popularity (and I doubt there will be so long as the fanbase keeps supporting Viz' publications) I'm sure Viz will release them all. They're currently at a decent pace of about 4-5 Volumes per year.

I just hope there aren't many future events censored like Green's boob prank.

Years
    They're currently at a decent pace of about 4-5 Volumes per year.

Wow, I didn't realize they were actually at as fast a pace as that. I'll have 8 volumes to read as well, so I'll be busy buying and reading those while they're working on the rest of the series in the future.

I just hope there aren't many future events censored like Green's boob prank.

You and me both. Especially for something so trivial and inoffensive. I'm becoming less and less worried about it though because of the abundant availability of the uncensored volumes online. Thanks for all the information, you've helped me understand the current nature of Pokemon Adventures at Viz Media a lot better.

Last edited:

ToshiroSato

Crazy Brit
    Years
    I would suggest going to Ebay Singapore instead the USA version, they have up to Volume 33 now. I can buy them for £10 a go including shipping. Don't rely on Viz to get them out as they have stopped before, they could always stop again.

Back