• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A reach out to the Community

Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    So my motivation is stronger than ever in creating my own hack. I've dabbled in the hack scene for several years. Basic scripting, and mapping. Mainly for personal projects. But since discovering the Special command for the rental Pokemon in Emerald, I had this thought.

What would a Hack be like where you start with 3 Starter Pokemon? You will choose from 6 random Pokemon (Via Slate port Battle tent) that are generated from 70 pokemon with custom movesets, natures and EVs. All at level 30
    Now, what is the highlight of Emerald version that set it apart from R/S? The original Battle Frontier. Now, the hack I'm working on has a picture image to it.
    1. MINIMAL STORY. Meaning no Evil teams(in excess), saving the world or blooming romances.
    2.Areas for exploration (Pokemon, Items, Strong trainers) access, via Ship captains. So islands, volcanos, ect.
    3. Famous trainers in the Frontier. Brock, Lance, Whitney and others might appear at the Frontier. Or around the islands.

Now for features, I planned to keep the game as vanilla as possible and borrow flags and variables from the mainline quests.

But not limited to. If/when I figure it out, The PSS split will be added. Same goes for expanded Monz. I'm not the greatest at Hex editing, other than say editing an item or pokemon encounter. So to resolve this, and add a few Pokemon I deem suitable, I'd replace Legendary pokemon.

Hm moves I planned to have activated by a single pseudo-gym with 8 trainers.

Now, I'd love to have anyone on board who would like to build on this idea.

Ideas I need: starters, mainly movesets
    Areas that interest exploration
    Insights on expanded move tables and pokemon

Crizzle

Legend
    Years
  • For expanded move tables and expanded Pokemon, just look up Pokemon Game Editor.

Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    does 3.7 incorporate expanding the dex like the move table and ability table?

Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    In addition to removing legendaries, Might as well replace their over world's. I was thinking shiny pseudo legends like dragonite, or maybe Charizard for edge purposes.

Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    And the key word was minimal. So there will be a story present. Just not a huge one.
    But please, I'd like to see your solo efforts. Criticism is best backed by experience.

Ruvaldak

I'M NOT YELLING, I'M JUST PUTTING MAJOR EMPHASIS O
    Years
  • I ain't got any ideas, but I'd sure play thus if and when it's done. Will it be gba?

On a side note, I can easily convert a final version to a gba vc cia for 3ds. They run like a charm ^-^

Back