• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A real hard decision :c

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2013
    This is how it is right now.I am playing Pokemon Light platinum And I think I want to pick Charmander But I ALWAYS had Bulbasuar I used to play Pokemon Blue when I was little and still do I Got him to level 100 and beat the elite 4 with him Should I keep up with those memory's or let em go for now? :C :pink_frown:

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Don't be afraid to let them go. The great thing about Pokemon is that you can get a very different experience by using a different team composition each time. That said, if it's a long time since you last used Bulbasaur, you might enjoy picking it just as much in a new game.

Journeys

I think changing it up is a good thing. It'll give you a different playthrough and team than if you use the same pokémon (and team) you've used before. More rewarding experience overall!

But I'm not sure what the hack Light Platinum is about, I'm just guessing it's not set in Kanto? If that's so, then you can probably have a fresh playthrough with Bulbasaur as well, since it's probably different from the Kanto games anyways.

Years
    I agree that you should switch up the Pokémon. It does make the playthroughs seem that much different, learning the inner strengths and weaknesses of several different Pokémon. Maybe you'll even find a new favourite.
    Easing up the bond you have is really hard, but it's worth it. :)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Sorry, but this section isn't for talking about hacks. Even if you were having this dilemma in an official game, I still couldn't really leave it open. :( If it means anything, try doing something different. After all, it's just a game and if you don't like what you choose this time around, you can pick something different next time you play or just start over and use what you know. :)

Locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back