• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A sneak peak into my Pokemon Emerald hack.

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2022
    Hello everybody, on and off for the last 2 years I've been in the process of creating my very own rom hack. It started with me trying to hack Pokemon Crystal on old ass hacking software, and I gave up on that after the rom kept crashing. Then I started a rom hack of Fire Red with better success, but again with the programs I was using at the time the game kept crashing, so I gave up on that. Then I discovered Hex Maniac Advance and other quality programs and editing Pokemon has never been so fun! I'm finally in the testing stage and I'd say the game is about 75% complete.

Pretty much everything in the game besides the story has been edited. Every Pokemon, trainer, wild encounter and many moves has been edited. In editing the Pokemon I really wanted to bring out the best in every Pokemon with better learnsets and I adjusted their stats to bring out their full potential, and I have changed the types and abilities of many Pokemon. The trainers now have a larger variety on their teams so you never know what's going to come out. In the wild you are able to catch every single Pokemon in the National Dex. A lot of moves that I deemed useless or unnecessary have been replaced with moves from later generations, and I even threw in one or two original moves. When it's ready for release I will provide a 250+ page pdf booklet of all the changes that were made in the game, or you can ignore it and be surprised.

I've also added 6 new evolution stones to get around all those trade evolution shenanigans and playing around with new concepts: Shiny Ore, Revival Stone, Digital Opal, Dragon Stone, Dusk Stone and Power Stone.

One thing I'm proud of with this hack is adding in new Pokemon variants in the game. With Hex Maniac Advance I saw that their was enough empty space in Emerald to add new Pokemon, so I decided to have a lot of fun, and so I introduced 25 new Pokemon to the game, I hope you like them:

Spoiler:

But it's still incomplete, and I do need some help with the final touches. I don't know crap about coding or anything like that, I'm just relying on programs. What I need help with is editing dialogue and replace 3 abilities I don't care for with Snow Warning, Skill Link and Heatproof. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I'm not aware of very many rom hacks, has the name Pokemon Poimandres been taken yet?

Back