• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A solution to our problems.

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2006
    I haven't posted that much on these boards but i have browsed them quite a bit and there is something that has been bugging me for quite some time (oh, and i'm sure most of you have noticed this as well). For all the pokemon games here in the game development section, and i'm talking about both the good and the bad games, they never seem to get anywhere mainly because replicating the systems from Pokemon be it the battle system, catching system, etc. are tedious tasks that require a lot of hard work.

So the question I have is rather than working on one "awesome game daT iZ t3H! besT evR!" has anyone ever thought of putting their games aside for a minute and just pooling all their resources together to create the pokemon systems together?

I mean sure once the systems project is done people can add on to it to help make their game stand out but this was just something that was running through my head and I figured i'd voice it.

*I'm aware of Blizzy's starter-kit but it is just that a starter-kit, it is nothing more nothing less.

Last edited:

AssassinX

The Royal Assassin
    Years
  • I agree it seems that whenever someone or some people create a thread all is well in the beggining but then after time its as if they lose interest in the game and creat a nex project

Blizzy

me = Scripter.new("Noob")
    Years
  • they never seem to get anywhere mainly because replicating the systems from Pokemon be it the battle system, catching system, etc. are tedious tasks that require a lot of hard work
    i agree,
    i only see in threads. features 'battle system'
    im starting to wonder if there really is a battle

replicating the system is a though one.
    but i have most of the systems planned.
    this is what i have done:

i had to create a serperate database,
    which is heavely under construction.

i have a working catch script,
    and a half working battle ;)
    basic attacking works (both ally and enemy), damage works, effectiveness works, catching works.
    it runs perfectly :)
    altho it's laggy on a slow computer.

tdata

Pokemon GX
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2009
    I never have seen why people want to have the battlesytems from the pokemon games. I like the default battle system with minor edits. It is a fan game, not a rip. A lot of people think that the can make a better battle system for pokemon games. Yet all i see are people trying to copy an old system. A catching system and PokeGear are fine. Be creative.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Projects together can be a great chance for everyone to show their skills,
    their area of expertise, and most of all their passion towards the one game,
    and the oppertunity to get to meet new people.

However, from experience, I've learnt that projects can die out easily.
    They can start off with a big spark, and die out horribly within hours.

So, if anyone was to make a team, I have this to say.

Passion sometimes isn't enough to finish something.
    Remember, you also need to put in time and effort.

Back