• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A spin-off series?

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I've just been wondering... and actuarly wanting... about a spin-off series of the pokemon series... the series has been going on now for over 10 years now... and it hasnt realy changed much at all, the series has always just been about ash collecting 8 badges and being beat in every leauge. I wanna see somthing new... a new series of pokemon with a different character (Maybe for the 5th gen) setting out on a new journey with new friends... or on his own! The show could be called "Pokemon GX" (like yu-gi-oh GX) or "Pokemon - Next generation"

• What are your views on the seires now?
    • Do you want a spin-off series, what do you want it to be about?

Last edited:

Glitch.

maybe making a comeback
    Years
    Pokémon Chronicles is a spin-off of Pokemon. The episodes were aired in Japan as specials but were dubbed to form the series. The show shows what characters like Misty, Casey, Richie, Sakura, Tracey, and Professor Oak are doing while Ash is out traveling in Hoenn.Which shows what the people Ash met are doing meanwhile Ash is over in Hoenn.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Pokémon Chronicles is a spin-off of Pokemon. The episodes were aired in Japan as specials but were dubbed to form the series. The show shows what characters like Misty, Casey, Richie, Sakura, Tracey, and Professor Oak are doing while Ash is out traveling in Hoenn.Which shows what the people Ash met are doing meanwhile Ash is over in Hoenn.

Pokemon Chronicles is a set of specials that was renamed 'Pokemon Chronicles' by the US market when the episodes were finally dubbed into English. It is not a spinoff series.

But yes, I do think a spinoff series could work to expand the fanbase without taking anything away from the mainstream series. Maybe one with a more serious storyline centering around a real villain rather than centering around the Pokemon incarnation of the Wet Bandits.

yossarian

Knight of Cydonia
    Years
    Pokemon Chronicles is a set of specials that was renamed 'Pokemon Chronicles' by the US market when the episodes were finally dubbed into English. It is not a spinoff series.

But yes, I do think a spinoff series could work to expand the fanbase without taking anything away from the mainstream series. Maybe one with a more serious storyline centering around a real villain rather than centering around the Pokemon incarnation of the Wet Bandits.

No way. There will most likely be a spin-off series when the current one ends but it will stick to the same formula. Whenever spin offs drastically change from the original idea, they never work, e.g. Stargate Atlantis, the numerous Power Ranger spin-offs from the original, Dragonball GT, Digimon etc.

The fanbase isn't receptive to major changes, and the so the spin-off will carry the same tone (childish and light-hearted); it won't be too serious. Most of the really successful spin-offs have essentially been the same idea and plot line, except with slight tweaks in their character line ups or the location of story, e.g. Fraiser, Dragonball Z, Yu Gi Oh GX,

What I think may happen in a spin-off is that we may see Ash, but older and as Pokemon master but instead of being the main protagonist, he could take on the Brock role for another new trainer who goes around a region on a journey.

Last edited:

StarGirl

sinnoh GF champion,Dawn
    Years
    they should had a spin off series about may's journey in johto and her contest appeal/performance and max starting his own journey in hoenn while ash is on sinnoh traveling with friends

probarly like this title

pokemon:side adventure

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    they should had a spin off series about may's journey in johto and her contest appeal/performance and max starting his own journey in hoenn while ash is on sinnoh traveling with friends

probarly like this title

I'd watch that if it wasn't for the Max bit. He just ruined the show completely, I didn't enjoy Advance Generation because of him not May but Max.

I think they should have done more than 3 episodes of screen time for Jimmy. I mean his Typhlosion was practically invincible it was stronger than Pikachu.

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2013
    No way. There will most likely be a spin-off series when the current one ends but it will stick to the same formula. Whenever spin offs drastically change from the original idea, they never work, e.g. Stargate Atlantis, the numerous Power Ranger spin-offs from the original, Dragonball GT, Digimon etc.

The fanbase isn't receptive to major changes, and the so the spin-off will carry the same tone (childish and light-hearted); it won't be too serious. Most of the really successful spin-offs have essentially been the same idea and plot line, except with slight tweaks in their character line ups or the location of story, e.g. Fraiser, Dragonball Z, Yu Gi Oh GX,

What I think may happen in a spin-off is that we may see Ash, but older and as Pokemon master but instead of being the main protagonist, he could take on the Brock role for another new trainer who goes around a region on a journey.

Yu-Gi-Oh! GX was a successful spin-off? It was more light-hearted than the original, but I disliked most of it (except the Hell Kaiser Ryo and Amon Garam) episodes. 5D's was a better spin off and it is in the tone of the original series.

On another note, I think the YGO! dubbed failed because they tried to make it into a kids show when it wasn't. What the hell are "dark energy disks?" LMAO...

Eevee-Freak

AmberAnonymous
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2012
    I think the anime is pretty much done, the only thing they do is repeating the same stuff over and over again. Maybe its time to stop.

Robert Conley

GPXPlus.net/user/Robert+Conley
    Years
    The Pokemon Chronicles Spin-Off was simply great, I really wish that they would do more of those.

Other than that the only other Spin-Off I would watch is one where they show Gary's journeys.

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years

probarly like this title

I'd just call it Pokemon: Gaiden then.

And honestly, I can't say I'd want it. Especially if it ends up like GX.

Years
    I don't think that they should have a more "serious/mature" version. (Not that I don't want one, but not getting my hopes up.)
    I'd like it not to be about collecting badges/ribbons, but most likely there would be the same "achievement item" formula going on. That or a spin-off series based on the spin-off games. Colosseum/XD, full series of mystery dungeon, or ranger.

WaterSplash

Common
    Years
    The problem with the main series is that they make people who have a real world view seem like villians (ie: Gary or to a lesser extent Paul). If a Pokemon is weak then just saying, "Yeah, you can do it!" should not make it magically be able to win.

The main characters don't face enough of the tough choices that made the first season so successful: Pikachu being critically injured, Metapod being stolen by Beedrill, Releasing Butterfree, Coping with Charmeleon/Charizard's disobedience, etc. They tried to (unsuccessfully) rehash the disobeying Pokemon with Dawn, but ultimately failed due to shortening the amount of time she had to put up with it and by sticking too closely to Ash's Charizard formula (protecting it while its injured and it finally respecting her mirrors Ash protecting Charizard after the Poliwrath attack).

Back