• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"A Stand-Up Sit-Down" Episode Discussion

Sushi.

AWESOME
    Years
    From this Episode it was not bad this time and I like the Japanesse Version better this time for this Episode then the English one. I liked the Contest Battle Practice between Ash and Dawn, Dawn could've sayd Ice Beam a little later then Early because then the Ice Aqua Jet would've work then.

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
    Well that is true. I mean usually the show kinda foreshadows plans that Nintendo does like with the 4th generation pokemon like Chatot being feature in his own episode. Still I wonder if something is in the works. Teeheehee

I wonder how Jessie will do in the next contest. Or will they just kind shove her off next time.

I was thinking something today too. You notice that Marina, a person that only been in three episodes that have nothing to do with the main story except for knowing somebody that battled against Ash in the Johto League has appeared more times in Diamond and Pearl then a certain somebody that is into contests and has traveled with Ash for a long time. Teeheehee Kinda funny. Teeheehee

Su. I read what Dogasu said and I kinda agree with what he said. I mean I kinda notice that with Kenny in the last Contest and I have to admit. That Dawn's rivils aren't nothing like May's rivils who were kinda crazy and just strange. Teeheehee Still Dawn's seem to be regular people. Kinda not exciting and really her most exciting rivil is Jessie but the writers countinue to just give her the cold shouder so it seems like we will get nothing out of her in the near future. I have to say that with giving Zoey an 'attitude' that it kinda spice her up a bit. Which kinda just make her a bit more intresting. Teeheehee Still that is what I think.

Years
    Don't take this the wrong way, but it was refreshing to see Zoey hurt. Why? Because many of the cast do very stupid things from time to time, especially Ash, and doesn't get so much as a scratch. While I don't want to see bloody or mangled bodies, an occasional cut, bruise or scratch would make it just a bit more believable. It wouldn't need to be a deep would, just a small trickle which is quickly covered by a bandage. I didn't make out of my childhood (although some say I never left it, but that a discussion for another time) without scars bloody noses, a black eye or three, a shattered ankle and other injuries. Its all a part of growing up when a child learns to be a little careful.

Quick, someone take my soapbox away. :laugh:

Years
    I'll split the difference.

Reyna: Indeed, I'm torn. Marina's acknowledgement is a fanboy's dream, yet not on a character that has been around for almost 200 episodes?! Now, I feel sad... and angry! Heheh.

Double: I hear ya, but after seeing the Rockets blast off for 500+ episodes, and mostly walk away without a scratch, (although, there have been a few episodes where we have seen them land on hard ground), you tend to ignore such things. Then again, we are talking about a show where we have a teen with a mouse that shoots electricity at his enemies, one of whom is a talking cat.

So, what's reality got to do with it?

Years
    Sorry I got off on a tangent last time, will try an behave myself from now on. :badsmile:

Another thing I wonder about when I'm very bored, which happens a lot but thats another discussion, are there campgrounds? It would be difficult to carry around tables, chairs & cookware. Unless their backpacks are bigger on the inside than the outside. :t186:

Years
    Oh, I forgot, Reyna: Marina only had one true appearance -- in Japan, with the Crystal special). When 4Kids dubbed the Crystal special, they split it into three episodes. Okies?

As for Double's comment on the camping: Most of the time, they hang out in the woods, so they do as they please, as there isn't much inference (sometimes, but not often). As for room, well, that's what we call hammerspace, like how Jessie was able to produce paper fans and mallets in early Kanto?

It's best not to think about it. Reality implodes you with this series at times. Heh.

Back