• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen a very inteligent question....

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2011
    hi guys,i just got my pokemon emerald and i'm using it with my nintendo ds.now my friend will also have a pokemon fire red and a nintendo ds,and i was wandering if we can trade pokemon as if we are using the wireless adapter or the cable link.i hope someone can help me because i'm really excited about the idea.....see ya!

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    The link cable introduced with the GBA is incompatible with the DS. The cable doesn't fit into the DS's slot.

Oh, and as of now, there is no known way to Cross-Generation trade. So each Pokemon, once in the Sinnoh Region, cannot exit the Sinnoh Region in any way. However, there is a way to transfer the GBA pokemon into the DPP game. You would have to migrate them over through Pal Park. This doesn't qualify as trading though, since the GBA game gets nothing in return after the migration is over.

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    Two GBAs is what you need to do this kinda' trading. Sorry!

Fantomix

^^^^^^^^^
    Years
    Nope! I was annoyed when I found this out too. Oh well - it's a long shot but if you both have Diamond or Pearl you could migrate the Pokemon you want from your Emerald/Fire Red and then trade them IF you're happy to have them on D/P. Otherwise, you'll have to find a couple of GBAs =\
    Good luck.

DJ Lorik

Honey, I just forgot to duck.
    Years
    it would be great if they would allow us to use Pokemon from one generation to another generation, it would indeed come in handy for everyone.

MrsMime

Humanshape Pokemon
    Years
    Nope! I was annoyed when I found this out too. Oh well - it's a long shot but if you both have Diamond or Pearl you could migrate the Pokemon you want from your Emerald/Fire Red and then trade them IF you're happy to have them on D/P. Otherwise, you'll have to find a couple of GBAs =\
    Good luck.
    Exactly. Although I would only recommend doing this if you're "done" with your Emerald/Fire red game (meaning you have no intentions of continuing playing it and would start a new game anyways). Another boost is that you'd get new entries into your Sinnoh national dex!!

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    DS consoles only use Wi-Fi to communicate to each other's consoles. In GBAs only the Wireless System can be used, so as all other had said, it is incompatible.

Back