• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A way for Ash to grow up (at least a little)

vagrantwanderer

Saturated Sarcasm
    Years
    Everyone (including me) seems to be upset at the drastic reset at the beginning of each season, especially with this last transition being the most drastic. I was thinking the other day about this, and then it hit me- they could bring back Max! Max could start his pokemon journey along with Ash and company in the next season, Ash could still battle for badges, and teach Max as a mentor (much like Brock and Misty mentored him). This would allow Ash to retain his battle prowess to a degree, and grow up a little. So what do you guys think?

cystar

Favorite Pokemon is Politoed
    Years
    yeah that does make since, i never thought of that! Great Idea!

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Not gonna happen. Writers have proven that they don't want Ash to age, and to have Max suddenly bump in starting his journey would create a time paradox that's not even forgivable in lower cartoons.

Just get rid of Ash and have him cameo as a grown man or something >__> problem solved.

Azure Revolver

HONK HONK
    Years
    Not gonna happen. Writers have proven that they don't want Ash to age, and to have Max suddenly bump in starting his journey would create a time paradox that's not even forgivable in lower cartoons.

Just get rid of Ash and have him cameo as a grown man or something >__> problem solved.
    Ash? As a grown, mature man?

LMAO

Not going to happen ever.

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
    Years
    I want to see Ash with a beard and a sport car :cross-eye. And Pikachu with a cane.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Well instead of being negitive about the whole theory, it certainly could happen, if anything I wish it would.

Ash did promise that one day he would battle him, so yeah...

If anything I don't see why this couldn't at least go into a special.

Haven't we already seen cameos from May and Misty. I don't see why Max couldn't appear. And time paradox? There certainly is a sense of time through the whole series, including the whole lil, "two months till the pokémon league" thing...

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2013
    At first, I thought that they were trying a similar method in Hoenn. In the beginning, Ash still retains connection to his previous experiences, and helps guide May, who is very much like an early Ash without the confidence. However, Ash still was not at the same level as in late Johto though. As much as I hate to admit it, as I like the characters, I think that Brock and Max interfered with the apprenticeship. Both had their own knowledge regarding Pokemon, and gradually took over Ash's role of helping May. I think that Max or someone else just blooming as a trainer would make a good companion for Ash, as long as someone else didn't take over the teaching.

Dark Piplup

This user title is original
    Years
    It could be a good idea. But I think Ash is gonna stay. I don't thiink we'll get it our way to have him age. Maybe if slowly Ash lost his importance your idea would work.

Guest123_x1

I think it's obvious the producers are going to keep resetting Ash every time he travels to a new region. This might very well be the reason he is still 10 years old after 14 years.

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
    Years
    The solution is simple- Dento should become the main character. He's new, he's loved, he's interesting and he can add a little more about Pokemon Sommelier-hood on the side. Then again, I'm very biased. In all seriousness, though...

The cameo would be cool. Sadly, Ash is to Pokemon as Mario is to Nintendo. New fans love him, and the anime is geared towards the new fans, people.

I want to see Ash with a beard and a sport car :cross-eye. And Pikachu with a cane.

Definitely. Ash can have a palette swap of Gary's convertible. These are where the good ideas are at!

Maybe there are like, 15 Ashes scattered around various universes and they mystically flock to the various regions to start a new POKEMON ADVENCHURE... complete with a wormhole-traversing Pikachu. /end logic.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
    there are better methods for him to grow, and i personally always hated that guy.

Back