• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen A way to earn EXP points faster and get EV's more convinently

Charizard632

Now a great Touhou addict
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jul 6, 2012
    In Pokemon Diamond, it's not hard to train a pokemon, until it's at level 70, because the highest level a Wild Pokemon can get (not including legendaries) is about 58. The highest level pokemon you can battle (not including legendaries) is a Level 66 Garchomp, making Level 70's and up hard to train in Diamond.

In Pokemon Platinum, however, the highest wild pokemon level has dropped down to 56 (not including legendaries and Magikarp Pond). This time, you can battle gym leaders and other trainers at the Survival Zone. Their highest level pokemon is usually 65, with the exception of Maylene's Lucario, which is at level 66. The highest level pokemon you can battle in Pokemon Platinum (not including legendaries and the Magikarp Pond) is a Level 78 Garchomp, making pokemon level 80 and up hard to train.

However, in Pokemon Black and White, there will be a facility where you can battle any pokemon (not including legendaries) at any level, and earn EXP points. However, you can't catch the pokemon. Also, it costs money to train here. The more powerful the Pokemon, the more money it costs. That means battling a Blissey will cost the most money, since you gain a lot of EXP points when defeating it.

Jaiyke

Dog Wizard
    Years
    ACTUALLY! heehee everyone is going to hate me for this, but oh well =P
    i was actually Hoping it would be TONS alot harder to Level up in these games
    changing the Overall exp. a pokemon can receive from roughly 1,000,000
    to 2,000,000
    i dunno i just want to put a little more Effort into Leveling Pokemon
    of course with that EVs and IVs are more than likely to Double too which might wreck everything i dunno...
    but then again; kids are gonna be playing it so i dunno if it'll be good for them so =\ meh...

Azure-Supernova

Trainer of mediocre Champions!
    Years
    Make it harder to level, make strategy and good breeding more key parts of the game... might push the under 10s out of the scope... hey... good idea :D

Jaiyke

Dog Wizard
    Years
    yeah this kid thought he was all bad when he had a lvl 100 Arceus in his Diamond...
    until i wrecked his Dreams with a lvl 67 Lickilicky =P

tangvor

Pokemon FTW
    Years
    I think that I like his idea
    I remember how terrible it was trying to get my pokemon from 90 to 100!
    If you really want to focus on EV's and Breeding you will (just as I had) no matter how quickly you level up keep up with the EV's it's simple with tally marks :]

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    How about they just raise the level of all gym leaders, trainers, and the elite four? The highest level of a wild pokemon, imo, should go up to 60-65, and the highest level in the elite four (2nd rematch) maybe levels 70-75.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    I also wish it was harder to level up pokemon, so I'm in your side Jaiyke

Difficulty Settings... That is what we truly need (I know everyone that wants it as asked but it would be nice...) Easy and Normal at the start and Hard when you beat the game and Hard+ when you beat Hard... Making the AI smarter each time as well...

Essence

Aura L♥VE
    Years
    I dont care about wild pokemon's levels. I just get the EV's then use Rare Candies. It's kinda allowed, just hacking the stats isn't

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2012
    I agree with Jaiyke they should increase the experience required to level. I was thinking about that earlier today XD

Back