• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] Ability Script - Characteristics of Imposter and Illusion v20.1

Years
  • So I'm trying to create an ability called "Magic Trick" in Pokemon Essentials v20.1

It's very complicated, and I will try to explain it the best I can here.

-Like Imposter, the user would automatically transform into the opponent's Pokemon, but like illusion, it would be in that form already.
    -It would be the opposing Pokemon's type, and have the opposing moveset, just like Imposter, but it would revert to its true form and moveset upon being hit, just like Illusion.
    -The user would take the form of the opponent's last Pokemon in the party

I am not necessarily asking anyone to write it for me, but rather I would like some help understanding how to go about writing this ability. This is the most complicated ability idea I have come up with so far, and has been the only one to have me stumped.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, and I hope I explained this ability well enough.

Edit notes: Edited to clarify the second bullet a little bit.

Last edited:
    Back