• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

about bird flu- IMPORTANT!

Joey the Cockroach

Dino Crisis will never die!!!!
    Years
    they wanna get a vaccine quickly, also, i wish i had a gun, stop migratory birds going around my place, and kill them. also, amaya, it will maybe be the H5 virus. but the one that could be passed through humans is the H5N1 virus.

Dee Trier

Drageon The Dragon Type Eevee
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Feb 19, 2010
    why we don't called it Avian influenza(AI) instead?
    In indonesia in some teritories there are 2 or 3 die because of this. And the rumor say if you cook the chicken until high enough temperature the virus will be dead.

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2009
    So if we cook all the chickens in the world we will only have to worry about all the other birds...

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
    @ C&Cmuffin-kun - it's true. WHO said so, anyhow.

@ Ruby-adams - it's already killed over sixty people. Really, that's just sad - it's still killing people, and it's going to harm many, many, and many if it mutates, which it most likely will. The H5N1 strain is deadly. Just go and get a brain before bird flu kills you due to ignorance. Honestly, panic isn't that good, but complacency is far worse.

Last edited:

Dee Trier

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Feb 19, 2010
    well i once read it but i forgot where i read it

Dee Trier

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Feb 19, 2010
    i hope it not mutate and combine with human influenza. i read if it have been combine with human influenza the vaccine can't prevent it just like the usual human influenza

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
    Yup... Tamiflu apparently is an expensive drug used to treat human influenza, according to that article, and it's evidently helpful with avian influenza... but if they combine and mutate... *shrugs* let's just say it probably won't work, like you said...

Our stupid government isn't going to subsidise it, apparently... heaps of people have run off to get their own, and there won't be a new stock 'til November now. So basically, the rich and those who have important jobs [they get free Tamiflu] can get it, but those who can't afford high prices can't.

They should at least give free ones out at school like they did with meningococcal [which one? B? C?]... years after it was available at a high price >>

Dee Trier

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Feb 19, 2010
    but if i'm not wrong your country is one of the countries who donate tamiflu to our countries o_O. you're australian right?

Dee Trier

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Feb 19, 2010
    well i said if i'm not wrong. I'm not too sure. But if it is true it's weird.

Dee Trier

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Feb 19, 2010
    Maybe. Who know when you will died anyway. And i didn't know that is there anyone who safe after drink it

Back