• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen About Catching Mew

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    No-one has a clue, is the simple answer. No method has been confirmed for catching Mew in any game - Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald or even Fire Red and Leaf Green. The most likely place is the strangely named Transformation Cave (not it's real name) in FR/LG.

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2007
    You can catch it in R/B/Y Versions. You have to do a glitch to get it though...^_^

~Kelsey

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Toothache said:
    No-one has a clue, is the simple answer. No method has been confirmed for catching Mew in any game - Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald or even Fire Red and Leaf Green. The most likely place is the strangely named Transformation Cave (not it's real name) in FR/LG.
    Altering Cave has its limits... it can't have "anything" to your wants from it.

AdamHays

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2004
    there is no way to get mew without cheating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marill909

Pacific Boy
    Years
    i hered that you can get mew from this thing in the bay in the first three games cant rember how though

I tried that. You have to get cut without going on the SS. Anne. Then u surf by the boat and you will come across a truck. If you use strength on the truck, mew is supposed to appear. Its totally fake and it doesnt work.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    Nope. No way of getting Mew without typing in a few codes.

PaperDoll_777

Owner of Zim! ^^
    Years
    There isn't a way to get Mew in Ruby / Sapphire / But you can get it in R/B/Y but you have to cheat by using a gameshark or sumthing.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    if it's in RBY, you can get it without a cheat due to a glitch (no it's not St.Anne.) Refer to the RBY forum over there instead.

In the advanced generation, there's no way to get it besides Nintendo promotion, just like Jirachi and Celebi.

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2004
    u can get mew in fr/lf by the e-reader!!!!!!!!

i'm 80/100 sure

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Hasso said:
    u can get mew in fr/lf by the e-reader!!!!!!!!

i'm 80/100 sure
    2 letters: no

Or want to throw out the source of this info? Never give anything unless it's 80/100.

Same for Protoman... please don't make the truck rumor even more popular than it is already. It cannot possibly work without a cheat code. The truck's there as PART OF THE MAP so you can't use strength or whatever on it, and etc etc etc.

Happy Dude

Queen of the DDC.
    Years
    yeah this truck thing is not true i tried it.the only way to get mew is gameshark or the cheat thingey.

!~sammy~!

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 17, 2006
    ummm... if you go to www.pokemonelite2000.com and go to there rumors section there is a way to get mew in pokemon blue, its a glitch, and i believe it works... check out the site for yourself :D

LilLatias

Name Switched to Kecleon_
    Years
    !~sammy~! said:
    ummm... if you go to www.pokemonelite2000.com and go to there rumors section there is a way to get mew in pokemon blue, its a glitch, and i believe it works... check out the site for yourself :D

It DOES work, I tried it not too long ago. Plus I'm sure a bunch of other people would back me up on that. Only problem with it is you could then only have Mew on r/b/y or g/s/c. Can't go to r/s or fr/lg as far as I know.

Back