• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ABOUT LEGENDARY POKEMON

Feathing

Water Gym Master
    Years
    Well, Don't you wonder about how could it be so many legendary Pokemon? We got used to see one or two "Big" Legend in each region (Ho-oH/Lugia, Groudon/Kyogre), then it comes the "trio" (The Regis) and there is always one or two "rare" Legends (Mew-Jirachi-Deoxys). Each Legendary Pokemon has its own legend and source of power behind (The Northern Wind-The Earth-The Sea-THe THunder, etc, etc.).
    But when the Sinnoh Legends came I began to wonder: Why so many legendary pokemon this time? And I became to confuse myself thinking about who is the strongest, who is the most unique and strange and if the legends about one region affect the other region. Groudon and Kyogre create the land of every region or only Hoenn?
    And there is another question that flies within my head: Are the legendary Pokemon really UNIQUE?
    Well, I made this thread to know about your opinions and to let you know mine's, which is the following:

Arceus was the very first one, who emerged from the initial chaos.
    From him came Dialga and Palkia, who were entrusted with the mission of controll time and space.
    Once Time and Space were settled, there appear the Land, the Sky, and the Sea Pokemon: Kyogre, Rayquaza and Groudon.
    Mesprit, Azelf and Uxie surged from Arceus too, and they gave humans (whom I don't know where and by who were created) emotions, knowledge and more.
    Then, Ho-oH represents the Sun and the Rainbow, and the Full Moon is represented by Cresselia. In the opposite, Darkrai represents the New Moon and the nigthmare's world.
    The Pokedex says that Giratina is a "renegade". So, I think that he is wandering in the puzzle around Palkia, Dialga and other "Big" Legends, but it was renegade and it lives now in other world.
    Lugia and Manaphy are both Sea-Pokemon. I think the seas were created by Kyogre, but Lugia is like the "Liutenant" and Manaphy is the "prince". I don't think Lugia created Johto and Kanto seas...
    From Ho-oH came Suicune, Raikou and Entei, the Thunder, the Northern Wind and the Volcano's Power.
    The three Regis were sent to control Groudon and Kyogre, but now they seem to have a "leader": Regigigas.
    Now it comes Mew. I think it was the first Pokemon created in the land prepared by the other legends and that's beacuse he has the DNA of all the following Pokemon and can learn all the Pokemon attacks. From Mew it was created Mewtwo.
    Deoxys came from outern space and here it mutates into a Pokemon Form. That's why I doubt to consider him really legendary, anyway...
    Latios, Latias, Shaymin, Celebi, Jirachi and Heatran are Legendary Pokemon who aren't involve with the world creation and such things, though Celebi and Shaymin are somehow "the Mother Nature guardians".
    And last but not least they came Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres. I think about them like superevolved birds with awesome powers, but no like Pokemon who created or represent something.
    I doubt to say anything about Phione, because I think he is an "almost-legendary Pokemon" like Unown.

And for the unique issue. Well, based on the games, the anime and the manga (I know I shouldn't compare them, but I like to do that XD) they are always unique although it doesn't mean the cannot be catched. The exception seems to be Deoxys (who it was divided into two entitys in the Manga) and Lugia, who seems to have a colony for his own. Anyway, I think that was because the writters of the anime were out of ideas. I like to think that the Legendary Pokemon are unique.

I know I wrote a lot, but I think that make the thing more interesting.
    So... WHAT DO YOU THINK?

4th Gen Matt

Pokemon Onyx Creator
    Years
    Such an interesting thread yet no replys.

Well, this is something I have always wondered. I know God created Arceus, which is the God Lamb that is spoken of in religion. (or something like that. I am not all-knowing in this area.)

Arceus created Dialga and Palkia to create and manage time and space.

All of yours seem right yet I would like to know the order they came to be in. Who did Arceus create after Dialga and Palkia?

I would think Groudon who created land with magma and Kyogre who created the sea. Does that then mean that Rayquaza created air?

And then Lugia was created to protect the sea while Kyogre slept.

Ugh, my brain hurts. I will think on it some more and reply when I have more answers.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Well, I agree with what you say Feathing. But I kind of think that Mew was around with Arceus during this "chaos".

But you shouldn't cross the cartoon(yes, anime are cartoons), the comic(yes, manga are comics), and the game(yes, games are games). If you try to cross any of them though, it should be the manga and the game.

But for the most part, I agree with you.

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    What the hell...
    Why is this thread very similar to this one?
    Ontopic:Explained on the link.

Fantomix

^^^^^^^^^
    Years
    That's quite a deep look into the history. I don't know; maybe when Nintendo finish the games and resolve to masses of spinoffs they'll make a few novels about it or something xD but I really like the way you look at it.

DJ Lorik

Honey, I just forgot to duck.
    Years
    For some reason the Legendary Pokemon in general have not been included as much as they should have been included in the Pokemon franchise. They are a very important part the franchise, but Nintendo does not seem to want to get into a lot of detail on them so far. But probably at the end of Pokemon, I'm sure they'll create a Spin-Off based on all that or something of the sort. We'll see though.

UberChomp

Tyrant Of The Sand
    Years
    This could be worded better with more in-depth explanation, but it still has the overall gist of the story of all pokemon legends. Good work.

Feathing

Water Gym Master
    Years
    This could be worded better with more in-depth explanation, but it still has the overall gist of the story of all pokemon legends. Good work.

More in depth explanation? Uau! I thought I've already gave a laargee explanation haha
    It would be great if Nintendo releases a spin-off or something, I also think that Nintendo created so many Sinnoh Legends because of the marketing posibilites.. after all, all this thing is a bussiness for them. But anyway I feel such a passion about this little secrets XD
    At the moment, the Legend that is more an enigma for me is Heatran.. It's not said it represents anything, and the fact that it the only legendary Pokemon who has gender is more strange.. I hope with Platinum or some else game we could know a bit more about him/her..

UberChomp

Tyrant Of The Sand
    Years
    More in depth explanation? Uau! I thought I've already gave a laargee explanation haha
    It would be great if Nintendo releases a spin-off or something, I also think that Nintendo created so many Sinnoh Legends because of the marketing posibilites.. after all, all this thing is a bussiness for them. But anyway I feel such a passion about this little secrets XD
    At the moment, the Legend that is more an enigma for me is Heatran.. It's not said it represents anything, and the fact that it the only legendary Pokemon who has gender is more strange.. I hope with Platinum or some else game we could know a bit more about him/her..

Well, you did fine, nonetheless. Yes, I agree with you, I want some more background story on Heatran aswell as Cresselia. I hope they make a special anime episode just for them.

DJ Lorik

Honey, I just forgot to duck.
    Years
    The only thing is though that because Nintendo is Nintendo it's very hard to get many details for many of the Legendary Pokemon. You can get SOME detail, but you can't get enough detail to really satisfy us, heheh.

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2011
    Its kind of interesting; if Arceus created all pokémon, and Mew is the ancestor of all pokémon, one of these statements must be factually incorrect, right? But when you accept that before the creation of Dialga and Palkia there was no time or space, who begat who becomes irrelevant, because they existed beyond time; neither could create either because they were constant; eternal.

Regardless, the first two pokémon were Mew and Arceus. This is indisputable. Then came Dialga and Palkia, without this assumption its worthless to even suggest a timeline because, well, there was no time. The other legends are almost unimportant in terms of timing, when you consider that.

UberChomp

Tyrant Of The Sand
    Years
    Before Dialga and Palkia, Arceus and Mew were in "chaos" which has no beginning, meaning they both were a constant, neither could create the other, like the above poster said.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Mythology has TONS of Gods and Goddesses. And alot of Legendary Pokemon are perceived to be supreme beings (aka Gods). So is it really that out of line to expect there to be alot of them?

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
    Years
    Legendary Pokemon are stronger/special/strange/mysterious Pokemon.

We don't know if they created anything! Even if Arceus really did create the universe, noone can prove this, as only it was existing. These are all just myths/legends/stories the people in the Pokemon world know about. Because legendary pokemon are rare and special, people assumed they created something.

Its kind of interesting; if Arceus created all pokémon, and Mew is the ancestor of all pokémon, one of these statements must be factually incorrect, right? But when you accept that before the creation of Dialga and Palkia there was no time or space, who begat who becomes irrelevant, because they existed beyond time; neither could create either because they were constant; eternal.

Regardless, the first two pokémon were Mew and Arceus. This is indisputable. Then came Dialga and Palkia, without this assumption its worthless to even suggest a timeline because, well, there was no time. The other legends are almost unimportant in terms of timing, when you consider that.

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=3923133&postcount=6

That's what I say about that in my thread about relations between legendaries in the game...

UberChomp

Tyrant Of The Sand
    Years
    Legendary Pokemon are stronger/special/strange/mysterious Pokemon.

We don't know if they created anything! Even if Arceus really did create the universe, noone can prove this, as only it was existing. These are all just myths/legends/stories the people in the Pokemon world know about. Because legendary pokemon are rare and special, people assumed they created something.

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=3923133&postcount=6

That's what I say about that in my thread about relations between legendaries in the game...

No, after every movie, near the end or during the climax the legendary pokemon is always proven by Ash and others that its mythologically spoken purpose is true.

Feathing

Water Gym Master
    Years
    No, after every movie, near the end or during the climax the legendary pokemon is always proven by Ash and others that its mythologically spoken purpose is true.

It's true!!
    THe info about the legendaries is always started with "it's is said" or "in the miths.."
    But ALWAYS we see that the beliefs about them are confirmed. After all, I don't think Nintendo would give us wrong information about the legends of the Pokemon World, don't you think?

After a lot of thinking, I think I¡ve finally reach my conclusion:

1- Chaos
    2- Arceus and Mew rise from that chaos, but Mew was born like an appendix ('cause Mew don't take part in the creation of the world).
    3- Arceus create DIalga, Palkia, then the Lake Trio, and then the Hoenn Big Trio.
    4- Then came the Legends that have some function, like Ho-oH (from him the three dogs/cats), Lugia, and the Regis.
    5- The rest of legendaries have no an important function to do, they are just unque and superpowerful pokemon, so they came last, with the rest of non-legendaries pokemon.
    6-Mewtwo and Deoxys were the last ones to come, and Giratina is the only unsolved riddle to me..

Lord Yawgmoth

Lord of all Phyrexia
    Years
    Doesn't Heatran represent volcanic power? Buck lied to me. Now, I'll have to beat him up twice as hard in Platinum.

Cynic Kaka

Credentials.
    Years
    The Pokedex says that Giratina is a "renegade". So, I think that he is wandering in the puzzle around Palkia, Dialga and other "Big" Legends, but it was renegade and it lives now in other world

Remember that story in Canalave about the Fool and The Sword?

How the Pokemon that stopped him ran away?

I'd bet my DS that was Giratina.

It probably ran away in fear of being killed or hunted.

Back