• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Graphics] About OW Sprites

Bojan_Gaming

Pretty much mate
Years
  • Is there any Sprite resource for Pokemon Black and White OW Sprites. I want to add Trainers from Unova to the games. I just want the OW Sprites from Black and White. Also, can someone recommend me a good OW Sprite editor? OW Manager just doesn't work for me

Years
    • they / them
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    If you just want the sprites directly from Black & White themselves, I'd encourage you to look at Spriters Resource. If you want sprites in the style of a particular game you're hacking, you probably have to go looking for community creations - Aveontrainer has a large amount of FRLG-styled overworld sprites for various characters from throughout Pokemon which they've made free to use.

For editing sprites themselves directly, OW Manager can't really handle that - it's simply for insertion and extraction and, well, management! Editing sprites would be done with something like Aseprite or Photoshop or any other image editing tool. If you simply mean an alternative way of inserting and extracting sprites, Hex Maniac Advance can handle that for you.

Bojan_Gaming

Pretty much mate
    Years
  • Thanks a bunch man. Now I somehow need to convert it so that the GBA Games understand that. Do you happen to know how to convert it into the 16 color thing, or is that something I have to do myself?

Years
    • they / them
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    In case you haven't found anything on this in the meantime - you're looking to do indexed colors. Programs like Photoshop and Glimpse have functionality for that but if you're looking to really get into the nitty-gritty with managing the palettes of your sprites, Aseprite will probably save you a few headaches. Since it's made for sprite editing specifically, it has really good functionality with managing color palettes. You're gonna want to look for the term "indexed" in whatever image editor you use though, usually it's an image mode toggle between RGB / grayscale / indexed.

Back