• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

absentminded scribbles: a gallery

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    ☺☹

~ dedicated to the memory of my beloved Purfugly

welcome to my humble accumulation of drawings done mostly at Starbucks, where i will inconsistently update you with doodles i construct out of boredom. images brought to you by my mobile phone, so the quality might be questionable.

please consider that "flaws" in art are subjectively defined before presenting any criticism, and i ask you to keep an open mind when viewing my work. please don't steal and stuff.

it should be noted that some of my work contains nudity, so beware if you are offended by that sort of thing. i've put a warning in BIG RED LETTERS above those works.

these pieces are separated into two sections: "mostly finished" and "recently started." kind of tacky, but i'm never satisfied with my work, thus these pieces are forever under construction. so with this system of organization, those who want to throw in some ideas, "recently started" would be the best place to look.
    * please let me know if the images are loading slow for you, ill see what i can do. i'm using photobucket to upload them, feel free to recommend something else

mostly finished

Spoiler:

recently started
    Spoiler:

thanks fer viewing :o3

Last edited:

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    You have a very interesting style.. and a delicate touch to your pencil which I really enjoy seeing in these works! What would make these works stronger is if you were to work on composition. Draw your subject matter.. but experiment with cropping it at different sections.. or leaving a lot of negative space.. or offsetting the image..
    Because these works seem to evoke something powerful, dark, and yet fragile.. you can really use composition to your advantage. Give it a shot! Since you have it scanned you can experiment with this stuff with photo-editing programs as much as you like! Remember the rule of thirds but don't be afraid to try out some wacky stuff with the center of interest being dead-on or way off at the edge.

:3 Good luck and I can't wait to see more!

(Also.. I tend to use photobucket because tinypic has always loaded incredibly slow for me.. it might just be me but that's just my personal preference.)

All in all I really love this stuff because it is so evocative!! :3

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    Absolutely love this style! It reminds me of like Tim Burton, that kind of dark animated feel.

Anyways, you seriously have talent, and that style goes really, REALLY well with obscure, abstract sketches. I'd experiment more with like abstract art and make things out of proportion and in different places and stuff like that. I reckon your style will lend to it amazingly!

Keep it up, I will definitely be back to check out any updates you have!

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    You have a very interesting style.. and a delicate touch to your pencil which I really enjoy seeing in these works! What would make these works stronger is if you were to work on composition. Draw your subject matter.. but experiment with cropping it at different sections.. or leaving a lot of negative space.. or offsetting the image..
    Because these works seem to evoke something powerful, dark, and yet fragile.. you can really use composition to your advantage. Give it a shot! Since you have it scanned you can experiment with this stuff with photo-editing programs as much as you like! Remember the rule of thirds but don't be afraid to try out some wacky stuff with the center of interest being dead-on or way off at the edge.

:3 Good luck and I can't wait to see more!

(Also.. I tend to use photobucket because tinypic has always loaded incredibly slow for me.. it might just be me but that's just my personal preference.)

All in all I really love this stuff because it is so evocative!! :3

thanks for the feedback, i was hoping to get some from you xD

i agree that i need to flex a little in my composition, and i'll try to sway from the typical centered portrait a bit. i'd like to try more angles, but i don't have as sharp of a sense of structure as i'd like to have- which takes practice, and i'm trying to manage a drawing every day, perfecting my skill at perceiving certain areas of the body little by little. i think i ought to start adding backdrops and stuff too. the thing about backdrops is i obsess over detail, so i get really impatient drawing them xD but for me, it helps having several images at a time under construction so i'm not stressing over one. /ramble ramble

but thanks, it's great to hear from you and i'll keep what you've said in mind!

edit: i think i'll try photobucket. i hope they're not too strict with nudity-- that's what worries me about tinypic

Absolutely love this style! It reminds me of like Tim Burton, that kind of dark animated feel.

Anyways, you seriously have talent, and that style goes really, REALLY well with obscure, abstract sketches. I'd experiment more with like abstract art and make things out of proportion and in different places and stuff like that. I reckon your style will lend to it amazingly!

Keep it up, I will definitely be back to check out any updates you have!

thank you so much! i'll definitely try to come up with more pieces outside of tangible-abstract portraits (lol does that make sense), just gotta come up with some ideas for them :o3

thanks again ^o^

Years
    Those are amazing i love them! I can rarely find the inspiration to do anything worthwhile, but you have it down to, well literally, an art!

Stratos99

Banned
    Years
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    Those are amazing i love them! I can rarely find the inspiration to do anything worthwhile, but you have it down to, well literally, an art!
    this means a lot, many thanks :o3

omgeezy @_@ mad cute status!! so kawaii

do more waterpaint that was p cool!!!

this post was pretty great n_n

yay! thanks boobpie! i'll do more watercolor pictures eventually- it's hard to partake in such activity in a public cafe, lol.

i thought your moobs were super cuteskis as well but they got taken down :'(
    >:C look again, suckaz.

thanks again for the feedback, you guys!

also, here's an update on one of my pictures from the "recently started" group. i can't decide whether i should throw it in "mostly finished or not.

Spoiler:

shame i don't have a scanner, it's difficult to see all the detail. notice the face on the cloaked creature is actually a mask, so the back of the head looks out of proportion.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    update

continued working on a "recently started" piece today, and here are the results:

Spoiler:

this piece has now been moved to "mostly finished."

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    i feel gay triple updating but "what the heck"

Spoiler:

recently started- not quite to the point of being done but i thought id share a sneak peek

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2010
    Oh I love how varied your linework is! The deep contrast in some of your works is really compelling as well. These are some great images! They remind me of something that would be put on a mac's case just cause they are really cool.

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2011
    I like last one, because there showing your ability of good artist, keep continuing this kind of awesome work.

Back