• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Acid Armor or Toxic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I have a Vaporeon who has Protect, Wish, and Scald, I am wondering if it would be worth it to put Acid Armor or Toxic on it.
    It's defensive stats are:
    433 HP
    210 DEF
    201 SPDEF

PikachuGuy

THOSE CHU'Z
    Years
  • I would use Toxic. I find that Toxic is good to wear some Poke's down, and Vaporeon is not exact suited for a wall, so bumping up the defenses won't do much. Plus there's other Poke's that completely out class Vaporeon in terms of a wall. However, it does make a great support Poke. Not going to provide a full moveset or anything like that, cause I'm too lazy to look up suitable movesets, I will go with Toxic as the final move slot.

Edit: Alright...I decided to provide a nice moveset.

This is the Wish support moveset from Smogon.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
    Bold nature
    248 HP / 224 Def / 36 SpD

Wish
    Protect
    Surf
    Toxic

Other options are HP Electric and Ice Beam.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Acid Armor would be best if you were going to use a Baton Pass set, but otherwise Toxic is superior.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back