• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Acoustic vs. Digital

Which type of music do you like better?

• Live/Acoustic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Digital/CD

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
Years
  • I've been listening to a lot of music lately, and my favourite radio station plays live/acoustic music sometimes. I think the acoustic version of Unwell, by Matchbox 20, is much better than the digital version, but the acoustic The Young and the Hopeless (Good Charlotte) sounds a bit empty. What's your opinion? Do you like the digital or acoustic versions better?

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
    Years
  • Well with Acoustic, its like its right there playing in front of you, but I like Digital better, because it sounds more oriented and cleaner.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • For me, it honestly depends on the song. I really don't like the sound of the live version "7 Nation Army" by the White Stripes. I much prefer the CD version. @_@ But for some songs like.... ugh.. what's the name? Oh... "Times Like These" by the Foo Fighters. I like that song better acoustic and I don't really like the CD version of it. I really like Coldplay's live versions. I also like "I Hate Everything About You" ~ Three Days Grace in its live version, but I prefer the CD version more.

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
  • I agree, it definitely depends on the song. As I said before, the one that really rocks in acoustic has gotta be "Unwell". When I first heard that song, I loved it, but I went off it a bit. Hearing the acoustic version really got me back into it.

acoustic

Well, acoustic versions are sometimes a lot better than the original song, but they probably sound wrong to you because I'm sure the acoustic version of Good Charlotte's song doesn't have all the voice alterations the original has. Somebody can sound much better when they have a full band keeping the melody for them and distracting you from their voice.

Oh, and the White Stripes are absolutely, positively, no doubt about it the best band to come out in a long time.

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
  • unhappy pineapple said:
    Well, acoustic versions are sometimes a lot better than the original song, but they probably sound wrong to you because I'm sure the acoustic version of Good Charlotte's song doesn't have all the voice alterations the original has. Somebody can sound much better when they have a full band keeping the melody for them and distracting you from their voice.

Oh, and the White Stripes are absolutely, positively, no doubt about it the best band to come out in a long time.
    I don't think it is so much the voices, as the instruments. It sounds a bit empty without all the electronic instruments XD

Back