• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Acro & Mach Bike

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Just as I was happy when I heard about the Marts once again being separated from the Pokémon Centres, I'm ecstatic about there being two separate bikes :) I like feeling when I'm changing my bikes to explore a new area that I've got a task to do, which isn't really there when all you have to do is press B to change gears.

I'll be switching between the two (especially as the Mach Bike will be easier to control now that there's the ability to move diagonally) but I'll be using the Acro Bike mainly - it may not be as fast as the Mach Bike but it's faster than walking at the end of the day and there's the added bonus of being able to bunny hop as well haha :)

I felt the same way. Especially when switching from Mach to Acro. I enjoyed jumping the bridges the most with the Acro. The speed of the Mach and it's ability to climb over mounds of dirt made the game feel like a real adventure for me.

I'm hoping the Acro bike gets some new tricks though. I noticed that the official site mentions stepping stones and bridges, but all I recall are bridges...so will they possibly add stepping stones which can only be accessed by the Arco bike to Hoenn?!

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    OMG. Stepping stones and broken bridges? That sounds dangerous tbh. But fun too. I kinda want them in place of the white bars you see in RSE. I mean, what are those things? It doesn't make sense why you find those things in the wild haha xD

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I personally prefer Mach Bike. You're able to get to places much, much faster with it. It does make things easier to bump into, but as soon as you get the hang of this bicycle, you should be all fine. It's indeed a bit hard to control, but as I said, you'll get used to it! Acro isn't too bad, either; loved doing stunts and tricks with it. Only thing that kept me away was its speed; if it weren't as slow, then I would have had no problem at all. You could move just as fast with Running Shoes, so what's the point?

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    I like how the Mach Bike slides in RSE. It could be like the Hoenn's version on the Roller Skates. It's kinda scary to turn tho. But yeah, like Ashley said, It's all about control haha xD

Years
    OMG. Stepping stones and broken bridges? That sounds dangerous tbh. But fun too. I kinda want them in place of the white bars you see in RSE. I mean, what are those things? It doesn't make sense why you find those things in the wild haha xD

Uh...those white bars are the bridges themselves :P
    They're also back in that form seeing how the official site shows screenshot of them.

Seeker.

Brilliant
    Years
    The Acro Bike is more fun, but the Mach Bike is more useful. Getting through the Cycling Road without hitting anything on a Mach Bike was a nightmare, though, so I wonder how much more difficult it would be with diagonal movement.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
    I swear I spent most of my time hopping around and doing pointless wheelies on the Acro Bike. I wholeheartedly plan to do that again. There was one thing that I wanted above all others when it came to RSE remakes, and that one thing was the Acro Bike. Now that I know it's back, they could ruin every other aspect of the game. They could switch to a whole new horrible programming team that knows nothing about pokémon and so just puts in a bunch of Digimon and fakemon and the entire pokémon franchise comes crashing down on top of itself and never rises again. But so long as I have my Acro Bike, nothing else matters.

Years
    I swear I spent most of my time hopping around and doing pointless wheelies on the Acro Bike. I wholeheartedly plan to do that again. There was one thing that I wanted above all others when it came to RSE remakes, and that one thing was the Acro Bike. Now that I know it's back, they could ruin every other aspect of the game. They could switch to a whole new horrible programming team that knows nothing about pokémon and so just puts in a bunch of Digimon and fakemon and the entire pokémon franchise comes crashing down on top of itself and never rises again. But so long as I have my Acro Bike, nothing else matters.
    I remember doing that too. I hope I remember to grab the Acro bike before going towards Fortree as a lot of the "broken bridges" are on the way there.

Years
    I really wish they had just combined the two and made switching back and forth a 'gear' mechanic, but this is acceptable too, as it does keep the tradition of the original RSE games. From the screenshots released already, it seems we'll be seeing many of the obstacles that the bikes made passable return, but hopefully we'll get some new ones to spice up the overworld a bit.

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2014
    I liked the Acro bike lol. I think it would be cool if in this remake of the game, they make the bikes even more specialized. Imagine doing cool 3d looking flips using the Acro bike in some sort of weird bike minigame or just around the world map.

Back