• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Activating an ability right before the user is hit by a move

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    I'm trying to change Color Change so that it switches the user's type to the move it was attacked with BEFORE the user is hit instead of after (similarly to how damage-reducing berries and gems activate), but I don't know how. I don't see any other abilities in the script that activate before a hit lands. In the older version of Essentials, I managed this by putting the script for Color Change above other power-boosting abilities like Technician or Sand Force, but that's not working for v20 due to how each ability is coded. Can anyone help me out on this?

Back