• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Issue: ActiveX Control Ads.

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
Years
  • Okay, It's really starting to piss me off.
    This has turned from occasionally, to Other other page, to Every Page.

I need the ActiveX Control using Ads to stop.
    Isn't there a way to take them off of here?

I don't want to have to close this every time I make a move on the website:

ActiveX Control Ads.

and hear the annoying BLEEP that comes with it.
    So, IS there a way to make the ads stop? ...please?

score_under

Inactive; Former ROM hack tool author, ❤️
    Years
  • Any computer-illiterate might just install the activex control, though.
    I wish them good luck if they do, they'll need it.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • Your best bet is to install FF3 and get the 'Ad Block Plus' Addon and subscribe a list relevant to your location. If you dont wanna go to all that trouble then you should set your IE security settings to default. If that doesnt help, just put this site in the trusted sites zone (seriously the ads that are run here wont pull off any drive-by downloads, they're just occasionally annoying) Belive me, I used this site freqently back in my IE days and it never caused a problem.

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2009
    (seriously the ads that are run here wont pull off any drive-by downloads.

And you know that how? The ads are not controlled by PC, PC is only able to block ones that prove faulty. So if by chance you get a malicious one, bam, fun's over buddy. :P
    So get your facts straight before trying to lure people into false safety just to feel important.

Never accept Active-X objects of any kind on a site you don't trust, and even if you trust PC as a site, the ads do not come from PC itself but from 3rd parties, and you never know what's in the pool.

Back